We stayed at this hotel for a week from 19 Oct 09. This was our first visit to Turkey and we loved it. The hotel was just perfect for a relaxing weeks break. Our room was on the 2nd floor. Not much of a view only plants and water features but it was so quiet. The restuarant was on the 6th floor and I would think a room near that could be noisy in the mornings possibly.
The staff were so friendly and helpful. Even checking in was a pleasurable experience as we were met by a cool drink and a man to carry our bags. To be honest we didn't venture out of the hotel complex too much. Gumbet itself was great if you like browsing shops and it had plenty of bars & eating places. We did do an all day boat trip which we booked from the man on our beach who also ran the water sports hire too. Great day out. Try it if you can.
The hotel had numerous bars. We favoured the Green bar of an evening and we met so many great people on this holiday and most of them congregated at the bar at some point during the evening too. The main barman there Hasan was brilliant. A top notch barman. This was open until midnight but then you could move on to the 24 hour Marine bar if you wished.
We enjoyed most days just lazing by the beach which had it's own Havana beach bar too. From your lounger to the sea was only a few feet and when you fancied a spot of lunch you could just go up to the main restuarant or there was good food being served nearby to the other bars too.
I would describe the food in the main restuarant as good. Plenty of salad choices and there were chefs in the evenings preparing different dishes for you to try .Dress code was anything goes really. Some people dressed up and others were still in swim shorts & tshirts but it was so relaxed it didin't matter.
We didn't really see much of the evening entertainment as it's not our thing. What was on was always advertised in the lifts. One night I remember there was a rubber man on who could get himself inside a suitcase or something and they also had a Turkish night which was good apparently.
We didn't use the pools available as we loved the beach but they looked great. There were always plenty of loungers available and although some were reserved in the mornings this didn't appear to cause a problem. Maybe it could be worse in the high season I suppose.
We have already booked to go back next September as we enjoyed it here so much. Don't go thinking this is the same as 4 star in Europe and you'll love it. Don't be afraid to haggle either. Even the taxi drivers expect it and we had a great deal on a taxi back to the airport. We took too many Turkish Lira as they really wanted our pound or the Euro but we know for next time.
Give this hotel a try and have a great holiday. We did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet