The hotel site is big and modern.
Right on the beach.
The only reason this hotel has 5 stars is because of the facilities it houses
The food was a let down, same food virtually every day.
Meat balls (Different sizes and shapes)
Chips, chips chips for breakfast dinner and evening meal.
Usual salad options and fish available.
No ice cream available
All in all the food is not the quality I expected other folks may have their own views
The food was not kept warm to an acceptable level it was barely warm (breeding ground for E.coli, salmonella etc
Our room was one of the standard rooms. No major complaints about the standard, the room was comfortable enough for 3 people the only let down but the extra 3rd bed was a fold up bed which in my eyes could have been more comfortable.
Bar service was unpredictable some occasions we were given the wrong drinks e.g. asking for beers we were given Baileys. Whiskey we received White rum. One smart allec bar person (From the pool bar) who will remain nameless decided to take the “p” when I asked for lager he said what’s that? I pointed to the pull he said that’s called beer. Wonder why he was not tipped by me. The quality of the spirits to me is poor they can make you ill (not due to quantity)
There are 2 pools one noisy and one quiet the choice is yours.
The high light of the hotel is the glass floor which greets you on the 6th floor (restaurant floor) as you exit from the lifts. Ladies be careful what you wear all is visible from the floors below.
The actual restaurant seating area is mainly al fresco so if unfortunately if it does rain (it did while we were there) there is very little space for folks to eat. But the restaurant views are spectacular.
If you go on any trips the trip to Kos is a great day out (Take to optional coach trip available to buy on the ferry). Cheap duty free available upon arrival back in arrivals at Bodrum)
99% of the staff was friendly.
All in all a great hotel but the food was a let down.
Short walk to the local bus stop for Bodrum.
The quality of shopping can vary from cheap shoddy goods to cheap well made goods. and knock the price down.
A visit to Turgutreis market is a must this is massive but its a pick pocketers paradise
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet