Stayed in well over 100 hotels around the world and this was worst ever. Good points. Hotel was clean and generally staff were helpful except the Manager who only speaks English when it suits him. We were unfortunate and had bad weather and they could not cope. Entertainment was almost non existant unless you wanted to watch the kidddie disco until after 9.30pm. Not our idea of fun watching 6/8 kids and the birdie dance or disorganised Karaoke. Trying to get a table for Breakfast or Dinner was a nightmare. Had to sit outside for breakfast in a gale force wind and try and eat cornflakes before they blew off your spoon. Weather not the hotels fault of course but the lack of organisation was. Now the worst bit. The food was diabolical. It was very repetative and never hot. It came from the kitchens cold. Chef picks up raw chicken to throw on grill then in same gloves picks up cooked and puts it on your plate. Had a bad tummy several times. So much chicken under different names but same as night before. Meatballs every other night. Rubber chips for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Jacket potatoes 2 nights but gone by 7.45pm. Sprouts for breakfast left from night before. Manged to get butter at breakfast most days but when we asked for butter at Lunch or Dinner was told only margarine you can't have butter. The quantity of food was there but no quality. Snack bar didn't change in 2 weeks. Burgers you could sole your shoes with, pasta and rubber chips and some salad. The children were getting plates of food from the snack bar to feed the stray cats and these are the plates we eat from. Staff did not stop them. So called Al la Carte nights were awful as well. We found Nuri in the Restaurant very helpful but some of the bar staff just wanted to throw bottles around and show off. Expecially in Marine Bar and if you were over 30 then they didn't want to know. Had to shout to get served. Very thin disposable plastic cups for your drinks in some bars and plastic stirers for your coffee not spoons. We like our wine in a glass. After all supposed to be 5*. Excellent choice of drinks but most was very poor quality. Wine was very rough. Beer was OK. We certainly expected a lot better from a supposedly 5* hotel and this was not a cheap holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet