“Basic hotel For the young”
Review of Baba Hotel

Baba Hotel
Ranked #61 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Having been to the baba a couple of times in the past we were suprised how much the hotel and the resort has changed it has gone from a family type resort to a resort best suited to the 18 / 30s particulary around where the baba is located right next to the bar street area
Hotel is basic the majority of rooms are very basic and small there are a few refurbished rooms that are ok but not many .the hotel has been cut in half from the orignal one with a big wall running down the centre to divide them
We felt the hotel standards were poor people were finding it difficult to keep rooms on if they had late flights, some areas were not very clean, no females worked in the hotel even all the cleaners were men we had a couple of teenage girls with us and they found this a bit uncomfortable allthough there were no problems the food at breafast was ok but you can find a lot better and a bit cheaper for lunch and tea all around the area
Good points
the pool bar was good mainly due to the barman Memehet
It's located next to the beach

In all not rearly suited to young families or older couples parts of the hotel can be very noisy at night until around 430am due to it's central location

The location on the beach is very good

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank sayers17

Reviewed 4 August 2011

I dont useally write reviews to places iv been to before and normally dont follow review sites like this, however i feel that the Hotel should have a fair review. Me and my boyfriend have just returned from Hotel Baba where we stayed for 9 nights. On arrival early sunday morning we pulled up outside the Hotel, to Clubs and bars opposite in full swing still at 3 in the morning, the music was quite loud and there was lots of people, i instantly thought what have i booked here. However after being dealt with by reception and shown to our room, we was both suprised that we couldnt hear any noise from the bars and clubs outside which was brilliant. A little tip i took with me from reading previous reviews on here came in handy by lifting the air con flap to press 'test run' really does work and makes the rooms so much comfortable.and chilled ......Plus Free!! The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the bathroom was clean and tidy ..... i didnt expect 5* rooms as i hadnt paid to spend the whole holiday in my room. it was clean and tidy to lay our heads down. The location to the beach is perfect... couldnt ask for it to be any closer unless my bed was put on it. The beach is ideal and close to the hotel for snacks and drinks. As we stayed half board we ate at the Hotel most nights, the food isnt the best and could be presented more attractivley but was ediable and we never went hungry or was ill. We cant complain about the holiday we had a great time and left feeling chilled and relaxed. For the money we paid Hotel Baba is value for money and would reccomend it especially if you like partying as its so close to clubs and bars but also if you want to just relax by the beachfront. We would reccommend going on the Boat Trip around the Island which is run by the Hotel and very enjoyable day!

Please dont read the bad reviews .. People dont pay to spend a holiday in a bedroom or bathroom.

A great holiday was had by us.... Try the Baba Hotel and see for yourself!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lucy_jay1
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My boyfriend and I have just returned home from the Hotel Baba and wish we were back. Our room was facing the back lane, so no view but we could not here any noise through the double glazing. The room was quite old and basic but it was very clean and clean towels and bed linen everyday. The location of the hotel could not be any better, ideal for all ages. The quiter beach front bars and restaurants right outside the back of the hotel and the noisier bar st outside the front. The bar staff in the hotel karaoke bar on the beach are fantastic - sergio, eric and turkcell made us feel welcome from the start and nothing was too much for them (even though they work 14 hours+ everyday). The pool area was clean dont know what the other reviews are talking about?? but my boyfriend and I spent most days on the beach as sergio always made sure we had one, whatever time of day, there were always sunbeds. The sea was gorgeous. On our last evening we ate at Zeta's just to the right of the hotel on the beach front - beautiful and cheap!! Another recommendation is Outback great indie and rock music and also live bands - at the top of bar st.
Now, as my boyfriend is a chef at home he was not keen on the food as it did state in the brochure that it was a' la carte evening meals but it wasn't. I thought the food was ok for what we paid for, for a week half board. Various salads, 2 meat choices and 2 carbs and some cake. Breakfast is just continental but they do make full english breakfasts for 10 TL which is £4 but there is cheaper on bar street.
We booked with Sunset, part of Thomas Cook and we were not impressed with our rep. We booked to go to Kos for the day and the rep told us the wrong time to wait for the bus which was taking us to the port. So we knew she would be at the hotel that day so we went to see her. 4 other couples were also waiting to see her at the time stated on the board. The receptionist then informed us that she had already been and gone!! Another holiday maker asked that he ring her, by this point I was quite upset. She eventually turned up and said that her visiting times had changed but they hadn't changed on the board. Anyway, we booked for the next day, got to the port and on the Catarmaran and the engine stopped :-) we could only laugh. When we seen the rep again, obviously she did give us our money back as the engine fault wasn't her fault but if we had the right time the day before we would have already been. Never mind, we didnt let it spoil our holiday!

Room Tip: Dont ask for a sea view as you get the back lane, not that we minded. Pool view best.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sianandproudofit
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Me and my family (group of 5) have just returned from our first visit to the hotel baba!
I am already booking up for next year it was fantastic!!

As being a travel agent I am usually very fussy on my holidays and hotels but this was fantastic!!!!!!

The rooms were brilliant! We had the new block looking over the pool (newly refurbished) rooms 203 + 212, Bathrooms were massive! Really spacious walk in shower and good sized bedroom!
Towels changed every day.... Rooms cleaned every day!!
FREE FRIDGE in the room also which is brilliant
You have to pay for air con £1.00 per day and the safe is £3.00 per day.

We had 2 rooms
1 with 2 adults and 1 room with 3 adults in.
There were plenty of room in both rooms so I cannot understand why people say that they cant swing a cat?? It must be the size of lion!!

I dont understand what people are complaining about?

You are right in the centre of gumbet, Beachfront location!! AMAZING

The staff were fantastic especially SERGIO he will do any thing for you, always had our sunbeds ready for us on the beach!!

We are all returning next year for 2 weeks!!

The balconies are only quite small but we were never in our room long enough to sit on the balcony.

Please ignore the bad reviews

We are all 100% returning to this hotel!!

Any further questions please dont hesitate to give me a message.....

Thanks

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank LGordon90
Reviewed 26 July 2011

me and my friend (23,28) stayed in this hotel we are returning next year as we had such a great holidat. location 10/10 staff 10/10 food 10/10 over all perfect holiday :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank nataliedarlo
Reviewed 24 July 2011

after staying at the hotel baba i dont think i would ever be in a rush to go back .the rooms wernt big enough to swing a cat the door to the balcony didnt close properley and the balcony overlooked a scruffy alleyway where you were woken ever nite by people screaming shouting and swearing ,the bathroom was like something out of the 20s
the hotel restaurant was disgusting all 6 of us refused to pay 4 a meal they fetched out 4 us suposed to be a sunday dinner
the toilets in the hotel were filthy they never got cleaned and smelt terrible the toilets wernt even fixed to the wall
the swimming pool looked like a canal by the end of our second week you couldnt see the bottom of the pool
the only good thing i can say about that place was the poolside bar where you could get something decent to eat and drink

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tomlibooSheffield
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I never come online and write a bad review about a holiday but I think people deserve to know what this one is really like. I arrived on holiday with my friend and with this hotel being on the beach front and directly across the road from bar street it had us thinking it was maybe lively hotel. Our room was fab - no complaints there, except every time we put on our air con it smelled of dirty feet! On our first two nights, like any other young friends would do we hit bar street - coming back to hotel about 4.30am we were followed by receptionist and security guards to our rooms. Then a couple more nights into our holiday 2 receptionists and 2 security guards banged on our door until we answered and pushed their way in and searched our whole room. The day after I had come home early so my friend got someone to walk her home but as I was sleeping she had to go to reception for another key, he brought her down to open door - but before then he put her in the corner and basically shoved his tongue down her throat when she tried to shut the room door he wouldnt let her and wouldnt get out until I eventually woke up. By the 5th day our rep had came down and told us we had an eviction order in which we had 1 more chance or we were out! She would put us somewhere but we were paying. We were told we were the 'talk of the pool' obviously people have nothing better to do on holiday. We complained about receptionist but nothing was done. We never sat at our hotel because we never felt comfortable and we hated walking by reception. To make the hotel even better... On our 3rd last night I had asked for a plain chicken wrap but it had come with everything in it so I asked him to change it.. it took him all of 5minutes to make a new one, then the wrap was in bits, shoved together... I ended up in bed the last couple days then on a drip on my last night in Turkey with food poisoning and a massive bill. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: our room was updated but not all are.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends