All reviewsturkish nightnext yearturkeyair conbar streetpool viewsmall balconyplenty of sunbedsshort walk to the beachrelaxing holidayturkish breakfastlovely weekweek staybars restaurantsboat triprooms are basictour operator
Reviewed 9 June 2012

MERHABA!!teşekkür ederim, Just home today and missing Gumbet like crazy!!, Hotel Serpina was fantastic and deserves 5 stars for hospitality. The staff made us feel like part of the family from the moment we arrived, offering loads of information on the best places to go. Situated in the heart of Gumbet just off the main strip known as bar street and a quick walk to the beach, Rooms were spacious and extremely clean and were serviced daily. You haven't really experienced Turkey unless you have attended one of the great Turkish nights and Hotel Serpina out did them all, with Belly Dancing, folk dancing and live band, all served up and well complimented by Chef Ali's fantastic food. To Ali and family and all the staff at Hotel Serpina thank you so much for a wonderful stay at your hotel and we promise to visit again real soon. love to all from Jacqui and Amanda June 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jacquih54
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Myself and my partner had a 2 week stay at the Hotel Serpina and it was worth the money we paid. There is a real family atmosphere , Ali and the staff are so friendly and can not do enough for you. Ali ( the chef ) cooks lovely food and the hotels Turkish night is definitely a must. The hotel is lovely and clean. The downside to the hotel is it is slightly dated ,you cant shower in the morning as its cold. We didnt eat in the hotel at night, we were bed and breakfast and highly recommend the Family door, just next to the hotel, the Turjan on the beach and the Angel, which is at the end of the beach, but well worth the walk. Gumbet resort is lively, lots of bars and restraunts and shops selling the genuine fakes. They can be very aggressive and in your face , you just have to ignore them. We used queens travel and Tu Turs to book our trips to Kos, the turkish bath and a 2day trip to Ephesus and Pammukale. We do recommend them, just be advised the hotel you stay at on the 2 day trip is barley 2 star, but well worth it to visit the ephesus and thermal springs in pammukale. Overall a lovely holiday, but the aggressive 'selling' is very off putting.

Room Tip: we had room 208 which was a pool view and a litte away from the bar , we would definitley ask for a pool view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gobis30
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have been coming to Turkey with my husband for 6 years & I have to say would never stay anywhere other than Serpina. Excellent location clean quiet & friendly. We had a baby this year She Is 7 months. We arrived at hotel and our buggy was missing it's wheels!!!!(nightmare). Within 5 mins the owner Ali had a buggy for us for the week. He also had the staff clean the baby bottles & sterilize water I did not even ask he offered. I can't understand any bad reviews written about this hotel. They bend over backwards for their guests all the staff. The are so baby friendly. I was worried travelling with a baby & all my fears were wiped away I felt safe in Serpina. Aileen Keith & baby Izabel.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Ailsoc
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed at The Serpina August 2011 with our 16 year old daughter and her friend. Hotel is in good location for beach, bus , restuarants and shops.
We arrived very early in the morning and check in was quick easy. Within an hour it was breakfast time . Breakfast wasTurkish style but you could order something if you wanted.
We ate at hotel a few times in the evening and the food was great. Daytime snacks are fine too. The Turkish night is good value and a laugh.
We stayed in an updated room which was away from the pool and bar and it was quiet and comfortable. The rooms were clean and well furnished. The bathroom was spacious and had a powerful shower.
All the staff we met were friendly and made us feel welcome.
We are returning to this hotel in May 2012 and hope it will be as good as last time.

Room Tip: We were lucky we were shown three rooms to choose from. The ones surrounding the pool were smaller , dated and had twin beds. We choose a double bed, in a refurbished room without a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank rockfan1_11
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have never come across such friendly, helpful and genuine staff! We spent a week at the Serpina and after 7 days, I felt I didn't want to leave, as we were looked after so well!

On arrival, we were a little disappointed as to the location of the hotel (we had never been to Turkey before and I found a lot of the information on Bodrum and Gumbet from the internet to be rather misleading) - but this was low season and apparently everything was only just opening for the summer (which we didn't know before we booked). After seeing the poor state of Gumbet Beach in April, we thought initially that we had made a mistake with the booking. However, after the first day of getting used to the surroundings we felt really at home at the hotel and had an amazing time for our first visit to Turkey (which I'm sure will be the first of many.... although we did avoid the beaches at Gumbet, Turgutreis and Yalikavak because they had not yet been cleaned up for the start of the season and there was a lot of litter around).

The weather wasn't great so I wouldn't recommend travelling in April if you like the Sun, however, we hired a car and were able to drive to places like Ephesus and Pamukkale, so the rain and cloud didn't bother us too much. Chef Ali and Ali-Boss helped us hire a car from a local company and acted as interpreter for us, which was immensely helpful and we had no problems at all with the long drives, other than the extortionate cost of petrol!

We had one warm day lazing by the pool and the staff were brilliant, bringing out cushions and drinks. They even had some beach towels to let us borrow, as we had been unable to pack our own due to luggage restrictions! The reception staff were lovely and always willing to help. Everyone spoke fantastic English and many staff were able to speak French and German.

The food in the hotel was great and cooked fresh by Ali in the fantastically clean and tidy kitchen. Asking for food at any time of day didn't seem to be a problem at all and Ali was kind enough to make us some sandwiches for the flight home! Ilhan waited at the table and really looked after us, ensuring that we always had enough food and drink. Engin was fab and helped us connect to the wireless internet, which was free. Yildo was brilliant and made great cocktails, with lots of umbrellas and sparklers!

I can imagine that the atmosphere at this hotel in summer would be brilliant for couples, friends and families. During our stay, I think there were only 4-5 rooms occupied at any one time so often we were the only guests in the bar, by the pool or in the restaurant. Perhaps, in summer there are many people to whom this hotel would not appeal but anyone who has fallen in love with Gumbet (or similar) would love the Serpina.

The rooms were very clean and freshly painted and we were given clean linen/towels 2-3 times during the week. There was a well stocked mini-bar, but no safe in the room, which is something to be aware of.

The only negative aspects I would have to say are that there is virtually no sound proofing in the hotel. So despite there being very few guests, we were subject to every noise - guests arriving late, early starts for staff in the morning, doors banging etc. Although, this wouldn't be enough to ever put me off staying again, it is something to think about if you're a light sleeper and in summer when its busy, I could imagine it could be pretty noisy but probably no more so than any other hotel in similar locations.

We definitely hope to come back to Turkey and stay once again at the Serpina but next time we'd probably choose to travel in May or October, when it is slightly warmer!

Many thanks to all the fantastic staff who took care of us, entertained us and had the patience to try and teach us a little Turkish!

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms nearest to reception and the bar area!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family