“Good value hotel in great location.”
Review of Serhan Hotel

Serhan Hotel
Ranked #27 of 100 Hotels in Gumbet
Alexandria, United Kingdom
“Good value hotel in great location.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago and I would have no hesitation in going back again. As a single traveller, you are somtimes allocated an inferior room, but not here. I had a decent sized twin room, overlooking the pool, and although basic it had all that I required. The location is good, just a few minutes walk to the beach, and near to all the bars and shops on Bar Street. Dolmus buses run past the front entrance every few minutes, so easy to get into Bodrum. There is a bit of noise from the bars, but after the first night I really did not hear it. However, a pair of ear plugs might be a good idea. I did not use the air conditioning, and although it was quite hot by day, I was always able to sleep at night. My weeks break was not expensive, and if I decide to go back to Gumbet I will certainly consider going back to the Serhan.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Richard E

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

very good hotel we were well looked after will be going there again
staff and manger very good there are shops and bars all close and the beach so not to much walking bus stop right outside if you need one

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

3 Thank Adrian T
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The room I had faces the street which is extremely noisy at night from the nearby bars. No double glazing. I rang reception at 1:30am to see if they had a quieter room but of course I need to see the manager in the morning. The Air conditioner did not work and the only bedding is a doona suitable for a cold winters night.
Might be okay for young people who want to go the bars but if you are a traveller in Need of a nights rest this is not the place for you. However, on speaking to the manager he did agree to move me to a room at the back behind the pool which was nice of him. The breakfast was not bad, at least it was Turkish which I expect in Turkey.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Amanda P

Travellers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

liverpool
Reviewed 29 April 2014

after a terrible start to our holiday in kusadasi we were moved to this hotel in gumbet where we had a wonderful holiday, the staff were wonderful, rooms very comfortable and modern, food was very good, located really close to the beach

Room Tip: rooms around the back are quieter
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank stevedge68
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I enjoyed on a vacation! Stayed for two weeks,had a really great time, met so many nice and friendly people and I totally recommend this hotel and Bodrum, Gumbet!! Staff were amazing, so friendly and helpful with everything. Food is also very tasty, and portion is enough. A lot of British people stays in this hotel so if you like football you can watch Premier league all day!! :D
You can take a bus called dolmus, ticket price is 1 euro, bus station is in front of the hotel entrance and you can go to Bodrum...there you can take various tours like Greek island Cos, or tour to Ephesus or Pammukale (breathtaking place!!). Bodrum is also famous for unbelievable nightlife, so try it!! Overall a great value for money I spent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Dajana80
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week at half term and the staff were amazing so friendly and helpful with everything the room was great for what we payed if a little shabby but everything worked as well as we needed and the food was great. The area is very seasonal and we only just caught the last of the tourist trips etc. overall a great value for money but don't stay if you're too fussy!

Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Lucy D
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was there with friend of mine. We booked it for 3 star and when we got there they gave us some terrible place near to there hotel and said due of lot of guests we give you other place. Ok i can understand it but why downgrading star when i am paying for all 3 star quality. It was disgusting place didnn't even earn half star. If guy who was working there didn't tell us that our room will be changed they want to keep us at that horrible pansion. We talked with reception women not friendly person she told us i didn't tell you about change your room. So that means she new she is lying and what keep it that way. We talked with owner and said it is unacceptable. He said if we stay 2 days and horrible pansion which works with them they can may be find place. There was other English couple they changed there place after first day. so we got our room and what is interesting there room cleaning women stole money from pocket. We were out and she took money (was Kurdish-nationality) between other money not foreign currency and thought we will not recognize it. I tried to be honest. oh yeah for Klima u need to pay extra riddiculus

Room Tip: if you book room do not let them to trick you. if they do not have place they should not accept peop...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends