“Serhan Hotel - Gumbet”

Ranked #27 of 100 Hotels in Gumbet
west midlands
“Serhan Hotel - Gumbet”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

me and my mates went there and it wasnt too bad at 1st as hotels go but my mate got ripped off buying a drink £20 in so many for a glass of orange juice also the barbour from around the corner kept asking me for my england shirt i kept saying no then one night me and my mates went out and returned early when we got back we found that the barbour from around the corner was in our room god knows how he got in but it didnt take much working out that he had been given our spare room key gumbet & bodrum are dumps dont go theres better to go to in turkey even the female rep didnt feel safe a car pulled up with 4 turks in & tried to pull her in then another day girl had a turk follow her he pulled at her arm so she turned around and stabbed him with a fork the beach is crap too the resort is noisey & the turks keep pestering you to go into there shops they even grab you they have no repect what so even for women the foods crap we lived on burger king and kfc we went for 2 weeks and after the 1st 4 days we wanted to come back home save your money dont go and instead go to the greek islands

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank dowdy_p

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for a week in July, when we arrived the guy on reception was lovely and took our cases to our room. The room was very very small but was fine. The maid would come in most days but could be cleaner, towels changed twice and bedding was changed once within the week. Room had loads of ants crawling about, would recommend keeping clothes in cases, if you leave lying anywhere theyll be crawling with ants! Bed had ants crawling around too! The pool is very small but always lots of sun beds and big enough for kids to splash around. Hotel is seconds from markets and bars, a few minutes walk to bar street with loads of pubs and places to eat! A minute walk from the beach which is very small but lovely, loads of places to eat on the beach front-all were very good and cheap! Food at the hotel was average however good prices and the cocktails were very nice and cheap too. Can hear the noise from the bars etc at night but still able to sleep. Would recommend the air con as extremely warm its only 15 lira per day. Wouldnt recommend the hotel if youll be spending lots of time in it but would recommend if youre only here for the beach and nightlife and looking for a bed at night! Would also recommend self catering and not all inclusive. Very good location and a decent hotel but could have been a lot cleaner.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Glasgow05
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Not long back from 2 weeks holiday at the serhan hotel in gumbet, this is our 4th time at the serhan and once again the staff were fantastic, the hotel itself is good enough but it is the staff that make the stay here very special .

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kennethp767
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed here for a week and was travelling alone, on arrival the person on reception was very kind and helpful! After checking me in he then carried my luggage to my room which was helpful as my room was up a fair few flights of stairs! Advised me on how to access the wifi (even though my hotel room couldn't reach it) and then showed me how to work the aircon. I cant comment on the standard of the pool as i never went in due to being out most of the day, there always seemed to be enough sun lougers around the pool for people to sunbathe. I didn't eat in the hotel much either but when i did i found the food to be pretty average. The maid came every day to clean but the standard of cleanliness not very high. I could hear the noise from the strip from my hotel room but it wasn't unbearable to the point where i couldn't sleep, i think you would struggle to find a hotel round the same area that you couldn't hear the strip. Overall i was impressed with the customer service provided and would probably stay in this hotel again if i ever came back to Gumbet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jade R
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I dont normally do reviews but I just felt that I should this time. Got back today from 7 night break to Gumbet today. Stayed at the Serhan hotel, me and my friend had a lovely time! The staff were lovely and so helpful. Yes their english is not amazing but it is enough. The hotel is a 2 min walk to the beach, shops are down the road. Bars and restaurants around the corner, loved Adams pub for lunch or dinner, brilliant atmosphere and tasty food. Overall I really enjoyed my stay at the Serhan and I will definitely stay there again next time I am in Gumbet!

(Submitted by 2 friends from london date of trip 4th to 11th July 2014)

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Thosewhoseek
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Don't stay here very very basic food disgusting Dirty floor feet where black shower well it dint work told staff but done nothing about it must say beds clean towels like cardboard This hotel put me off turkey for ever they say only get what pay for but for 900 ponds for two you need a little better come on jet 2dont use this hotel my husband and myself are not fussey but this was awful x

Room Tip: Done use room 106 drain pip on balcony no table they don't have them chairs well no arms on
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank George M

Travellers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

london
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have just returned from an 11 night stay and we had a wonderfull time the staff are very friendly and helpful nothing is to much trouble. The rooms are basic but clean we had clean towels and bedding every three days and the food was very good too if we return to gumbet we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 402 which is on the ground floor it was lovely and cool and you can leave the wind...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple