“Hope to be be back”
Review of Paloma Hotel

Paloma Hotel
Ranked #41 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 31 August 2011

A very nice quiet hotel, staff al very helpful and pleasant, on arrival a little confusion over the credit wrist bands, the young man on reception stated that we paid for every thing when we departed but it turns out yo put credit on first then spend it I think this was a case of 'lost in translation'
Room was small and at the back of the complex overlooking a back yard of an a joining property with lots of barbed wire and bars on the window, I would not describe this as a garden view as described by 'Olympic'.
Apart from the lack of view which did not really matter as we spent most of the time out.
The A/C was efficient and quiet (although an extra) and the cleaners needed reminding to clean the bathroom on one occasion,
The staff were pleasant and helpful all the time, the pool a little small but usually fairly quiet, no body reserves the sun lounges with towels except a group in the later stages of the week which rather spoilt the system of first come first served!
Nice mix of Scandinavians an Eastern Europeans ad a few quiet British people.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Razor56

Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed in Paloma for two weeks. We got really good room with stunning view to the pool and town, we were more then happy about it. Room was a bit small but ok for two persons. It was cleaned everyday by very lovely lady. Pool was also small so it got a bit crowded at times. Bar staff was amazing, everyday they came to talk to us and make sure we were having a good time. I have no complaintments about anything, I would go there again =)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank dali66
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Went to Gümbet allone for sort of a rekreationtrip and stayed one week at the Paloma Hotel. As I like smaller hotel Paloma is a quite nice hotel. The rooms ar newly renovaited and they felt fresh and bright. The bathroom also felt very fresh. The balcony was very small but as I travelled alone is was alrigth for me. I was lucky to get a room with the balcony facing the pool area and you could also see the mountains surounding Gümbet. A lot of the rooms at the hotel had a very boring view, some into a wall and one in to the WC near the pool. The cleaning of the room couldn´t have been better, always perfectly cleaned when I got back from the beach in the afternoon. The maids were also very friendly when I met them, always wit a big smile. There arn´t any wardrobes in the room, just a rack. Make sure you bring hangers ! I only got one hanger for my shirts and two for my trousers.
The breakfast was OK, a bit basic and nothing special. I had half board and this is nothing I can recomend. You had just one hot dish to choose from at dinner and it was mostly stew or chicken. The saladbuffé was alright. But for the same price you can find much better dinner out in the town.
But the thing that was very negative for the hotel were the people at the reception. I had problem with my airconditon which stopt working after a coupple of days. I told the man at the recepiton about the problem and he promised that they should fix it. But nothing happened. I asked again and he said that it had been repaired. When I told him again that it didn´t work he told me that I was free to move to another hotel if I wasn´t pleased ! Very unfriendly and not serviceminded at all. After all they didn´t manage to fix my aircondition and I got some money back (AC costs around 4 Euro extra per day).
Another thing that you ought to know if your thinking about staying at the Paloma Hotel is that the noice from nearbay hotels and bars are very loud. The hotel next to Paloma starts to play music very loud from around 10 in the morning and stops around 8:30 in the evening. So if you want to sit on your balcony in the afternoon, reading a book and relax and want it to be quiet. Forget it. However, if you close the balconydoor you hardly can´t hear the noice into your room.

The Paloma hotel has both good and bad points but all in all I enjoyed staying at the hotel and had a nice week in Gümbet.

Mats from Stockholm, Sweden

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank Mats_Stockholm
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Let me start with please IGNORE ANY RUBBISH REVIEWS ABOUT THE HOTEL AS ALL I CAN SAY IS THESE PEOPLE MUST BE VERY PICKY THAT HAVE LEFT THE CRAP REVIEWS!

When we first arrived i thought umm a little on the small side but then after the first two days i found it really cosy and a nice space for two people! The bathroom was really nice and we also had a power shower! which i thought was great! Always had warm water!

Air con and saftey depoist for one week is 98Liera which is like £40 our money however aircon was fab even though it leeked once but they fix it stright away! Our room was always cleaned with new bedding fresh towels and also toilet role everyday! The cleaner was brill! Also one day we came back to fresh flowers on the bed and our towels in heart shapes

One thing i have to point out is dont leave trainners out on the balconey reason being i bought my partner addidas trainners before going away and they got stole off the balconey i can gartee this was not a cleaner as i left a lot more expensive things out than this!

The area is nice i didnt do bar street this was a bit to young for me however we did lots of nice bars on the beach and restraunts one being called minstrial go as its cheap and amazing food . Sami bar was very good for entertainment

HOWEVER please visit the columbia steak house its a five min walk from the hotel we went here many times the steak was amazingg! Also the boat trips are a most see.

Bar staff where lovley the hotel is full of swedish and norway i didnt mind this i liked it!

everyone is so friendly i hope to return.

Also Bodrum 15min bus ride away and ts a place to go and eat aswell and shop.

Also just to mention no que for sun loungers round the pool!

This was a dream Holiday!

hotel out of ten id give an 8. However the food at the hotel isnt great!

il upload pics soon!

Hope this helps!
Jade & Jay

Room Tip: room 501 we stay at very nice!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Jadeemma2010
Reviewed 8 July 2011

17th June 2011 HALF BOARD 7 NIGHTS

On arrival the room they gave us was at the back of the hotel and the toilet was so small. When I asked to be moved, the receptionist came with me and showed me 4 big rooms next to the swimming pool with a lovely view and told me to choose one. The room was very nice and clean and everyday after we left the hotel, we came back to a clean and tidy room. The breakfast was ok but the evening meal was good. The staffs is all friendly and helpful. The hotel is 5 minutes walk from all the restaurant and nightlife. Things you may like to know.

The air condition is not free and you will have to pay 10TL £4 a day.
Most of the guests are from Sweden but they are really nice people.
GUYS, if you're looking for a holiday romance with a Swedish girl then good luck ; )
There aren't any English TV channels.
There is no laundry service but Three Women Dry Cleaning is 2 minutes walk from the hotel.
I'll give the hotel 4 stars.

Loved it and will go back there any day =]

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
26  Thank Yakub30585
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We arrived at the Paloma Hotel in the afternoon, we were given a extremely small room towards the back of the hotel. My husband returned to the hotel reception and immediately asked to be moved into another room, but because of availability the only time we were able to move was on the Monday. There was no air conditioning in the room and we had to purchase this for around £45.00 for the fortnight. When Monday arrived the hotel reception moved us as promised into a much larger room, this was nice and we felt more settled there. The only downside I can say with regards to the hotel was, if you are planning to go back to your room for an afternoon nap, this is impossible as the cleaners come to clean between 5pm and 6.30pm each day, so if you are sleeping you will get disturbed. The pool area was very clean and staff around the hotel were pleasant and very helpful. Breakfast was a no go area, very very basic, but you can get a full english breakfast at the many restaurants for around £2.00 each. My most enjoyable evenings were the time spent at the Colombia Steak House, this is a beautiful restaurant and the meals are fantastic.You must try the Porterhouse Steak, it was delicious and cooked to perfection. well worth the visit. I have been a traveller to Turkey staying in many resorts, for the past 16 years, but the prices for meals and drinks have gone through the roof, they are more expensive than home. Gumbet is more for the younger generation than couples and families. The only good thing you can guarantee is the weather. Would recommend the hotel but not the resort.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank kazza1966
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Arrived at PALOMA HOTEL 4 08 2010 for 1 night only as our original hotel was fully booked on arrival we were placed at the furthest point from reception [this seemed strange because there did not appear to be too many guest staying there ] Went out for a meal got back to hotel to go to bed .On getting up next morning we diccovered we had been robbed of every penny we had for our holidays . The security in and around the hotel was very very lax , The police were informed they arrived and dusted for finger prints etc but all they and the English speaking Manager would say is you are insured. Went to the police station at Bodrum to report theft and file a report but they didnt seem to think we had a chance of getting our money back. On ringing the British Embassy in Bodrum there immediate comment was inside job. On 16th August I returned to hotel to find they had welded a iron cage over the window of apartment to avoid this happening again ,went to reception who to say the least werent the least bit interested [just another fleeced tourist] so to sum up if you are visiting this particular hotel be very very careful.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family