“Please dont take notice of the reviews Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Paloma Hotel

Paloma Hotel
Ranked #63 of 98 Hotels in Gumbet
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Please dont take notice of the reviews Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Like the title please don't take any notice of the bad reviews
This is a lovely little hotel. Staff are lovely
The hotel has been recently refurbished so looks lovely fresh and clean.
Our room was nice, cleaned everyday.....just the right size, you only sleep there so no need for a huge room to rattle about in is there!!
In a great spot , everything you need is accessible.
Food was nice too, but lots of choice if you would rather eat out of the hotel.
I would defiantly go back as it was good spot , clean, and great value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank sandra t

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

Got put in a small jail cell first,which didnt put a good impression of the hotel as had payed for balcony but not in the cell.
had to wait for two days for our room. thenthe very unhelful and un interested man kept asking for money for upgrade, which it wasn't it was what we payed for...very annoying just payed it in the end. but no reciept just went in his pocket as we kept checking bill and it had nothing except when he asked. also air con very expensive, 50 pounds for 10 days.
breakfast really boring same as, everyday. couldnt even drink the coffee it tasted like tea and coffee mixed together. we eat out for breakfast several times as it was so cheap everywhere.
balcony so small you couldn't sit on it. but at least you could dry towels.
the staff were not friendly at all, never got a smile from anyone for two weeks, at breakfast. and they looked as bored as we were with the breakfast.
nice hotel other then all this, very nice rooms but very small. we ended up over the pool, nice. as nobody ever around the pool after 5, so quiet.
airconditioning only set at one temp so you freeze at night and it can't be left on when your out so a sweat box when you walk in after a day on the beach.
recommend hotel baba beach bar for lunch and drinks, free sunbeds and the staff were so nice. but love em they work long days.
go to bodrum on the bus 5.50 lira each way for two but you have to try the cake shops and baked potatoes wow, and cheap....
kebabs we found boring, to be honest the food wasn't brill. just ok
millenium bar near hotel had nice food, think we eat everywhere and rated this best. met some nice people there as well.

Room Tip: complain like mad, they always put you in the back garden room if they can, say its full and then ch...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ian s
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

A very nice quiet hotel, staff al very helpful and pleasant, on arrival a little confusion over the credit wrist bands, the young man on reception stated that we paid for every thing when we departed but it turns out yo put credit on first then spend it I think this was a case of 'lost in translation'
Room was small and at the back of the complex overlooking a back yard of an a joining property with lots of barbed wire and bars on the window, I would not describe this as a garden view as described by 'Olympic'.
Apart from the lack of view which did not really matter as we spent most of the time out.
The A/C was efficient and quiet (although an extra) and the cleaners needed reminding to clean the bathroom on one occasion,
The staff were pleasant and helpful all the time, the pool a little small but usually fairly quiet, no body reserves the sun lounges with towels except a group in the later stages of the week which rather spoilt the system of first come first served!
Nice mix of Scandinavians an Eastern Europeans ad a few quiet British people.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Razor56
Hämeenlinna, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed in Paloma for two weeks. We got really good room with stunning view to the pool and town, we were more then happy about it. Room was a bit small but ok for two persons. It was cleaned everyday by very lovely lady. Pool was also small so it got a bit crowded at times. Bar staff was amazing, everyday they came to talk to us and make sure we were having a good time. I have no complaintments about anything, I would go there again =)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank dali66
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

Went to Gümbet allone for sort of a rekreationtrip and stayed one week at the Paloma Hotel. As I like smaller hotel Paloma is a quite nice hotel. The rooms ar newly renovaited and they felt fresh and bright. The bathroom also felt very fresh. The balcony was very small but as I travelled alone is was alrigth for me. I was lucky to get a room with the balcony facing the pool area and you could also see the mountains surounding Gümbet. A lot of the rooms at the hotel had a very boring view, some into a wall and one in to the WC near the pool. The cleaning of the room couldn´t have been better, always perfectly cleaned when I got back from the beach in the afternoon. The maids were also very friendly when I met them, always wit a big smile. There arn´t any wardrobes in the room, just a rack. Make sure you bring hangers ! I only got one hanger for my shirts and two for my trousers.
The breakfast was OK, a bit basic and nothing special. I had half board and this is nothing I can recomend. You had just one hot dish to choose from at dinner and it was mostly stew or chicken. The saladbuffé was alright. But for the same price you can find much better dinner out in the town.
But the thing that was very negative for the hotel were the people at the reception. I had problem with my airconditon which stopt working after a coupple of days. I told the man at the recepiton about the problem and he promised that they should fix it. But nothing happened. I asked again and he said that it had been repaired. When I told him again that it didn´t work he told me that I was free to move to another hotel if I wasn´t pleased ! Very unfriendly and not serviceminded at all. After all they didn´t manage to fix my aircondition and I got some money back (AC costs around 4 Euro extra per day).
Another thing that you ought to know if your thinking about staying at the Paloma Hotel is that the noice from nearbay hotels and bars are very loud. The hotel next to Paloma starts to play music very loud from around 10 in the morning and stops around 8:30 in the evening. So if you want to sit on your balcony in the afternoon, reading a book and relax and want it to be quiet. Forget it. However, if you close the balconydoor you hardly can´t hear the noice into your room.

The Paloma hotel has both good and bad points but all in all I enjoyed staying at the hotel and had a nice week in Gümbet.

Mats from Stockholm, Sweden

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank Mats_Stockholm
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

Let me start with please IGNORE ANY RUBBISH REVIEWS ABOUT THE HOTEL AS ALL I CAN SAY IS THESE PEOPLE MUST BE VERY PICKY THAT HAVE LEFT THE CRAP REVIEWS!

When we first arrived i thought umm a little on the small side but then after the first two days i found it really cosy and a nice space for two people! The bathroom was really nice and we also had a power shower! which i thought was great! Always had warm water!

Air con and saftey depoist for one week is 98Liera which is like £40 our money however aircon was fab even though it leeked once but they fix it stright away! Our room was always cleaned with new bedding fresh towels and also toilet role everyday! The cleaner was brill! Also one day we came back to fresh flowers on the bed and our towels in heart shapes

One thing i have to point out is dont leave trainners out on the balconey reason being i bought my partner addidas trainners before going away and they got stole off the balconey i can gartee this was not a cleaner as i left a lot more expensive things out than this!

The area is nice i didnt do bar street this was a bit to young for me however we did lots of nice bars on the beach and restraunts one being called minstrial go as its cheap and amazing food . Sami bar was very good for entertainment

HOWEVER please visit the columbia steak house its a five min walk from the hotel we went here many times the steak was amazingg! Also the boat trips are a most see.

Bar staff where lovley the hotel is full of swedish and norway i didnt mind this i liked it!

everyone is so friendly i hope to return.

Also Bodrum 15min bus ride away and ts a place to go and eat aswell and shop.

Also just to mention no que for sun loungers round the pool!

This was a dream Holiday!

hotel out of ten id give an 8. However the food at the hotel isnt great!

il upload pics soon!

Hope this helps!
Jade & Jay

Room Tip: room 501 we stay at very nice!!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Jadeemma2010
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

17th June 2011 HALF BOARD 7 NIGHTS

On arrival the room they gave us was at the back of the hotel and the toilet was so small. When I asked to be moved, the receptionist came with me and showed me 4 big rooms next to the swimming pool with a lovely view and told me to choose one. The room was very nice and clean and everyday after we left the hotel, we came back to a clean and tidy room. The breakfast was ok but the evening meal was good. The staffs is all friendly and helpful. The hotel is 5 minutes walk from all the restaurant and nightlife. Things you may like to know.

The air condition is not free and you will have to pay 10TL £4 a day.
Most of the guests are from Sweden but they are really nice people.
GUYS, if you're looking for a holiday romance with a Swedish girl then good luck ; )
There aren't any English TV channels.
There is no laundry service but Three Women Dry Cleaning is 2 minutes walk from the hotel.
I'll give the hotel 4 stars.

Loved it and will go back there any day =]

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
24 Thank Yakub30585
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Club Paloma Apartments
#6 of 98 in Gumbet
Paloma Family Club
Paloma Family Club
#13 of 40 in Bitez

Been to Paloma Hotel? Share your experiences!