“A not so bad typical turkish hotel”
Review of Paloma Hotel

Paloma Hotel
Ranked #48 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Sweden
“A not so bad typical turkish hotel”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Lived one week in the end of June 2012 and can just recommend Paloma if you arent a poolhanger.
Breakfast is about what you get in budget-hotels. Remember: BREAKFAST IS NO BIG DEAL IN TURKEY! Nothing wrong with the staff. Most of them are very young boys and may act a bit rude to blondies. Small rooms and very small balcony yes but refurbished and clean. Beds are ok, but small. Lived on 2.nd floor and had no problem with noice nor with burglars.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on groundfloor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank claes g

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Liverpool
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We found check in a very slow process and had our suitcase carried to our room by a young lad who looked like he hadnt washed in a week or two.
Room itself was acceptable, a bit on the small side but clean. Window opened straight on to the road and a noisy air conditioner for a different room right outside the window.
Air con is available but is expensive and you cant really be without it if you wish to sleep at night.
Safe available but is in reception which is a bit of a pain.
Spent about two minuites in the pool as it was disgustingly dirty with a very dark scum mark all around the edge.
Breakfast? Forget it, went once, never again. Terrible.
Arrived back in room one evening to find my camera smashed to bits, assume the maid dropped it. What she was doing near it anyway I dont know.
Fridge in room but was pointless because as soon as you leave the room, the electricity goes off.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SarahandChris69

Travellers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Like the title please don't take any notice of the bad reviews
This is a lovely little hotel. Staff are lovely
The hotel has been recently refurbished so looks lovely fresh and clean.
Our room was nice, cleaned everyday.....just the right size, you only sleep there so no need for a huge room to rattle about in is there!!
In a great spot , everything you need is accessible.
Food was nice too, but lots of choice if you would rather eat out of the hotel.
I would defiantly go back as it was good spot , clean, and great value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank sandra t
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Got put in a small jail cell first,which didnt put a good impression of the hotel as had payed for balcony but not in the cell.
had to wait for two days for our room. thenthe very unhelful and un interested man kept asking for money for upgrade, which it wasn't it was what we payed for...very annoying just payed it in the end. but no reciept just went in his pocket as we kept checking bill and it had nothing except when he asked. also air con very expensive, 50 pounds for 10 days.
breakfast really boring same as, everyday. couldnt even drink the coffee it tasted like tea and coffee mixed together. we eat out for breakfast several times as it was so cheap everywhere.
balcony so small you couldn't sit on it. but at least you could dry towels.
the staff were not friendly at all, never got a smile from anyone for two weeks, at breakfast. and they looked as bored as we were with the breakfast.
nice hotel other then all this, very nice rooms but very small. we ended up over the pool, nice. as nobody ever around the pool after 5, so quiet.
airconditioning only set at one temp so you freeze at night and it can't be left on when your out so a sweat box when you walk in after a day on the beach.
recommend hotel baba beach bar for lunch and drinks, free sunbeds and the staff were so nice. but love em they work long days.
go to bodrum on the bus 5.50 lira each way for two but you have to try the cake shops and baked potatoes wow, and cheap....
kebabs we found boring, to be honest the food wasn't brill. just ok
millenium bar near hotel had nice food, think we eat everywhere and rated this best. met some nice people there as well.

Room Tip: complain like mad, they always put you in the back garden room if they can, say its full and then ch...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ian s
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2011

A very nice quiet hotel, staff al very helpful and pleasant, on arrival a little confusion over the credit wrist bands, the young man on reception stated that we paid for every thing when we departed but it turns out yo put credit on first then spend it I think this was a case of 'lost in translation'
Room was small and at the back of the complex overlooking a back yard of an a joining property with lots of barbed wire and bars on the window, I would not describe this as a garden view as described by 'Olympic'.
Apart from the lack of view which did not really matter as we spent most of the time out.
The A/C was efficient and quiet (although an extra) and the cleaners needed reminding to clean the bathroom on one occasion,
The staff were pleasant and helpful all the time, the pool a little small but usually fairly quiet, no body reserves the sun lounges with towels except a group in the later stages of the week which rather spoilt the system of first come first served!
Nice mix of Scandinavians an Eastern Europeans ad a few quiet British people.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Razor56
Hämeenlinna, Finland
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed in Paloma for two weeks. We got really good room with stunning view to the pool and town, we were more then happy about it. Room was a bit small but ok for two persons. It was cleaned everyday by very lovely lady. Pool was also small so it got a bit crowded at times. Bar staff was amazing, everyday they came to talk to us and make sure we were having a good time. I have no complaintments about anything, I would go there again =)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank dali66
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Went to Gümbet allone for sort of a rekreationtrip and stayed one week at the Paloma Hotel. As I like smaller hotel Paloma is a quite nice hotel. The rooms ar newly renovaited and they felt fresh and bright. The bathroom also felt very fresh. The balcony was very small but as I travelled alone is was alrigth for me. I was lucky to get a room with the balcony facing the pool area and you could also see the mountains surounding Gümbet. A lot of the rooms at the hotel had a very boring view, some into a wall and one in to the WC near the pool. The cleaning of the room couldn´t have been better, always perfectly cleaned when I got back from the beach in the afternoon. The maids were also very friendly when I met them, always wit a big smile. There arn´t any wardrobes in the room, just a rack. Make sure you bring hangers ! I only got one hanger for my shirts and two for my trousers.
The breakfast was OK, a bit basic and nothing special. I had half board and this is nothing I can recomend. You had just one hot dish to choose from at dinner and it was mostly stew or chicken. The saladbuffé was alright. But for the same price you can find much better dinner out in the town.
But the thing that was very negative for the hotel were the people at the reception. I had problem with my airconditon which stopt working after a coupple of days. I told the man at the recepiton about the problem and he promised that they should fix it. But nothing happened. I asked again and he said that it had been repaired. When I told him again that it didn´t work he told me that I was free to move to another hotel if I wasn´t pleased ! Very unfriendly and not serviceminded at all. After all they didn´t manage to fix my aircondition and I got some money back (AC costs around 4 Euro extra per day).
Another thing that you ought to know if your thinking about staying at the Paloma Hotel is that the noice from nearbay hotels and bars are very loud. The hotel next to Paloma starts to play music very loud from around 10 in the morning and stops around 8:30 in the evening. So if you want to sit on your balcony in the afternoon, reading a book and relax and want it to be quiet. Forget it. However, if you close the balconydoor you hardly can´t hear the noice into your room.

The Paloma hotel has both good and bad points but all in all I enjoyed staying at the hotel and had a nice week in Gümbet.

Mats from Stockholm, Sweden