“our stay at the paloma”
Review of Paloma Hotel

Paloma Hotel
Ranked #43 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 6 August 2010

well i can say if i had read the reviews we would never have booked the paloma ,but im so glad we did !from the hotel itself to the staff and all the great people we meet ,it made for a really great holiday ! we have a small boy who is four, and the bar staff were great with him ,even if they could not undrestand him ! hamit who worked behind the bar would always go out of his way to make sure everyone was ok and come and say hello ! we stayed halfboard but only because it was cheap ,so was not expecting to like it ,breakfest was basic but ok, but the eveningmeal's although very turkish was very nice and well worth the money , and i think this is the main point ,for what we piad to stay here it was excellent value for money !!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank shar0n1969
There are newer reviews for Paloma Hotel

Reviewed 9 July 2010

stayed in the paloma in gumbet and it is a beautiful place made up of about 8 buildings the block we where in was 8 rooms ... my room and my friends where lovely very clean and done everyday.... our rooms not ready when we arrived so ent us to thier aparments around the corner for the morning it to was lovely and clean when we got back after lunch rooms ready and we where given free air con for the weeks wheich was great as it saved us £30 for the week and we needed it lol very hot... not good for people in wheelchairs or walking difficulties as many steps and on a hill but still so close to amenities but not getting bar street noise at night only fault is the pool area is very small and no covers for sun beds so uncomfortable all in all though a great hotel

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kizzy48
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Paloma recently and admittedly I panicked as I booked the hotel without really showing my boyfriend, afterwards I read the reviews on here and I was really worried, I didn't tell him and about what I had read here and I'm glad because when we arrived at the airport we were transported by a private shuttle on our own and we pulled up to a stunning newly refurbished hotel. We walked into reception and the decor was gorgeous, really contemporary and everything was new.
The manager was so helpful, explaining dinner times and where to eat if we go out etc. We were taken to our room and our bags were brought up by a hotel worker a few minutes later. Our hotel room was really nice, the room again was all newly refurbished, we had a TV, hairdryer, air con etc. Our rooms were made up everyday and we had fresh towels every day also, they decorated the rooms in rose petals a few times which we thought was really nice, there were so many little touches that set this hotel stay apart from ones in the past. (I will upload photos soon)

The hotel was quite quiet and was mainly used by Turkish people who were on holiday from the cities, this was a good thing because the hotel was laid back and the place was nice and quiet at night, we were about a 2 minute walk from 'Bar Street' which is the main strip where all the clubs/bars were but the hotel was positioned at the back of it opposite a hospital clinic and therefore not noisy at all, we heard horror stories from other couples and me and my boyfriend were so thankful about where we ended up.

We were told by our operator (Goldtrail Travel) that air con was included but it wasn't so we paid to have it for the week, I think it was £20 but I cant really remember. The food was EXCELLENT! we had dinner there every night but said we would eat else where but our food was so nice at the hotel so we ended up there every night! The hotel also owned the Paloma Club which was down the street, we ate there some nights and on the Thursday they had a BBQ. It was a buffet style every night and my boyfriend is incredibly fussy and eats more that anyone I have ever met and he raved about the food and the staff laughed at how often he went up for more.

I really couldn't recommend this hotel anymore, the staff were so helpful especially the head of house, Nuh, when my boyfriend broke his foot (scooter accident!) he came to the hospital opposite the hotel and translated everything for us and made sure we didn't pay anything, he was the best and it was this above and beyond service that absolutely made our week.

I felt compelled to write a good review about Paloma because of what I had read before I left. All I can say is trust me, everyone who stayed there loved it and we are going back in September and we will book this hotel again. I will upload photos soon to show you how nice it was.

Thanks

Emma Murray

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emma M
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Myself and the wife booked 2 week in the hotel at first glance its WOW what have we done, small room stuffy and hot, but overall it is only a 2.5 star you do get free air con bit of advice take key off and leave in so you can come back to cool room. the view was a main road but it was one of the better views after walking the grounds and looking at what others had. The pool area is clean but was to hot for me to sit around. Food was good The staff are all friendly and helpful (although it was difficult at times to communicate with them). Bars and restraunts all within 100mtrs and still quiet at night beach 300 mtrs away. We found a restraunt at the top of the street called the FRONT PAGE EXCELLENT reasonably priced great fish and chips, trip to Kos advised just for duty free. Enjoyed a good 2 week but would`nt go back due to the high temperature and the constant pestering going past the shops day in day out. Plus its getting very pricey.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank delboytrotter
Reviewed 14 August 2007

Stayed at the paloma hotel this august for a week and was much happier with the hotel than i expected to be! After booking the holiday for me and my boyfriend, i began to look at reviews of the hotel and started to get a little worried when reading peoples unhappy reviews of the hotel! The hotel is pretty average but close to all the resaurants, shops, bars and beach , so its loacation was spot on. The pool is a reasoable size, but if just want it was a quick dip of for relaxing on your lilo its absolutlty fine. Same as the rooms they arent to big but are fine if u are sleeping and relaxing in them!
For the cheap price we paid to stay here i was very happy indeed with the hotel. I am used to staying in timeshare propertys which are very nice and was noit disappointed with my stay here what so ever, infact i would return next year.
I would recomment this hotel for couples young and old that want a cheap stay close to everything you need! Its Near anough the night life to be close, but a 5 minute walk to be awy from the loud music for an earlyish night!
any question on the hotel or gumbet feel free to email me.. toria001@hotmail.com

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sun_sea_sand007
Reviewed 8 February 2007

Nothing could prepare you for what lies awaiting you in this disgusting, dirty and frankly downright dangerous thing loosely termed...hotel. The staff could not be less helpful, the beds and towels are filthy....could be something to do with the fact they wont change them !!!, the scum sided pool is miniscule...really !! about 25 ft long; the childrens pool.... you would even think of letting your kids near it. While i was there the shower fell off the wall, I wrote CLEAN ME in the dust in the room, had to wait 2 days for a pillowcase to cover the very STAINED pillow, the door handle fell off, the room was never cleaned to my knowledge, had several arguements with the ignorant reception staff. I booked this through Thomas Cook who advertise it as a 3 star hotel even if it has a 2 star plaque at the door.....be warned, its so much less than that; all this, and don't for a second expect to see a rep!!!! but then again, who could blame them. Consider yourself warned !! Then again; some people like the smell of cat urine !

Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank me_always_away
Reviewed 1 February 2007

I went to paloma hotel in the summer of 2005! I no i took a long time to write this! We had to pay a deposit which we didn't expect! We also had to pay for a safe, to keep our passport and money in (as we didn't trust the cleaners!)

When arriving into the room I was disappointed, it seemed dark and dingy! We requested a sea view however our beautiful view was a stained white brick wall. Then our shower was not working! They did offer us a new room, or to fix the shower. They took four days to fix the shower!
We also expected a double bed! But it was two singles that we had to push together! Not very romantic! We ended up sleeping on the sofa must of the time as it was more comfy!
However we did not spend much time in the room so it did not effect us 2much!

The pool was small! But its where we spent most of our time! The beach was disgusting! It was packed and the sea was dirty also rubbish was floating past us when we were in the sea! We only went once!
The one thing I hated was the locals! They would always try and force you to buy something. The local men were disrespectful. There is a difference being friendly and trying to woo my partner IN FRONT OF MY EYES which really annoyed me and my partner also. I would not recommend this holiday for a romantic get away!

The one thing i would recommend is the boat trips! The day time one took us to different places! with nice beaches! nice sea!
The night boat was a laugh as well! There were many other day trips that were fun!
The restaurant i would recommend is Kenny's! He was the highlight of our holiday he even drove our rented car to the petrol station! We went there nearly every night! The food was very tasty! And the service was great!

All in all i think that this hotel is like a hostel. I understand that it was cheap and i weren't expecting the Ritz but I at least expected a decent sized room and a shower that works.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend!

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled as a couple