“Excellent Hotel Fantastic Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sami Beach Hotel

Sami Beach Hotel
Ranked #15 of 98 Hotels in Gumbet
Bromborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel Fantastic Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

First stayed at the Sami Beach in 2000 and have returned many times since . The hotel is right on the beach and right in the heart of Gumbet close to all shops bars restaurants . The rooms are a good size and cleaned daily free air con , great choice of food and the candle lit dinners on the beach are amazing , Lovely clean pool loads of free sunbeds and great waiter service. jet skis banana boats quad bikes 2 minute walk up the beach . Sami beaches nightly entertainment is the best in Gumbet , they have loads of super screen tv with all the english sport channels, 24 hour reception with lovely staff who speak excellent english even a doctor on site . It is a family run hotel and all the staff go out there way to look after you and make you feel welcome have just booked again for may 20013 . The weather is always fantastic and we always come home with a gorgeous tan would recommend this hotel to all ,

Room Tip: i like to be near the pool so i always ask for a ground floor pool room
4 Thank michelle t

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

The staff here were nice. The hotel was in an excellent place and although the room was dated it was cleaned daily. The thing I'd warn everyone about was that the noise was unreal. Seemingly earlier in the year it isn't as bad but I went in the height of the season and of course the open air bars were playing music to get people to come in. For the first week I couldn't get to sleep till about 2:30 because the music was so loud. Even with ear plugs in I couldn't sleep. I coped on in the second week and got to bed before the really loud music started. That way when the music woke me I was half asleep and would fall asleep again. That meant going to be about 9:30 though! Someone else mentioned the food. The food was very good but the thing was that you had to get down early to make sure that there was plenty of choice. Otherwise yo could go to the local restaurants which were very good. Money was a bit tight for me so I tried to eat in the hotel as much as possible.

This was my first time to Turkey and I have to say it wasn't what I expected. I would have thought in this area that people would have been sick of tourists. They were only starting Ramadan when I arrived and it was very hot so I expected them to be a bit cranky because of it being so hot and not being able to drink or eat but they couldn't have been nicer. The area was beautiful. I went on a trip on the boat one day and was really tempted to do a second day on the boat it was so good. I also went to Ephesus and Pamuakale. The guide forgot about me when he was going to the Virgin Mary's house and one of the other buses brought me over to meet with them. Very obliging. I'd well recommend going on any of these tours. That guide was excellent...other than leaving me behind! He stopped to explain things in the shade and then gave us 5/10 mins to take photos. Again they were all very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't get a room out the front because I was told that they started collecting rubbish at about...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank agsiul2013
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

Had a fantastic time at the Sami Beach, would 100% return back :)

The location of the hotel is great, right on the beach of Gumbet, and really close walking distance to some great bars and restaurants.

Rooms are a little dated, yet you only sleep in your room, so for us there was no problem.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank holidaydelight54
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

Sami beach hotel is located in a great lively area on the beach. As you could imagine in July it was extremely warm where temps reached over 40 degrees so unless you like the sun I wouldn't recommend it as there is no breeze at all during the day. The beach is full of sun beds during the day but people throw their towels over them reseved by people from 8am. The staff are really friendly and helpful and always found myself and my partner sunbeds. The boat trip is simply amazing and although the captain is extremely annoying and pushy, he convinced us to go and I think it's safe to say it was the best day of the holiday! At the front of the hotel you have a strip of bars, clothing shops, sovenir shops and restaurants! our favourite restaurant was lotus (located at the front of the hotel and turn right, 1 minute walk) its even got free WIFI! The rooms are cleaned and towels are changed everyday by the cleaner and sometimes she even folded the towels into a heart shape and lay them on our bed! We stayed on the ground floor which was ideal but The only thing I found off putting was the shower, it was weak and always either roasting hot or freezing cold which really puts a downer on your day when you just want to have a nice shower in the evening and head out for dinner. We spoketo other people who sai theor shower was fine so naybe we just got the faulty one! Overall I would really reccommed Sami beach to anyone who loves the sun, shopping and a bit of fun! I will definitely go back there in the future!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Poserinthesun
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

This was my husband and my first time staying in turkey, although there was some questionable wiring in the bathroom over all I really liked this hotel. We stayed on the ground floor overlooking the garden, it was very quiet where we were and I loved waking up and feeling like I was in a forest.

The rooms were cleaned daily and the staff were mostly friendly although a few of them could use a sense of humour. The food was okay although I would suggest going out to eat rather than staying at the hotel as there are definitely some better restaurants in the area in particular a gorgeous cafe "Papatya's pattiserie". I did find the Captain to be mildly annoying although we ended up going on the boat trip and it was a wonderful relaxing day sailing round the islands, the crew were fantastic.

If you're after a quiet relaxing holiday then Gumbet is not for you, I don't think I would go back as I found it incredibly irritating being constantly harrassed by people trying to sell you things and get you into their shops/restaurants in particular I hated the rose sellers and got into a slight altercation with one of them. We spent a lot of time in Bodrum and it is a gorgeous city, I would definitely recommend the museum of underwater archeology which was mostly a trip around Bodrum Castle with some amazing views! Don't bother with the free trip to the Bodrum Gold centre as this is basically a sales pitch.

A note on the stray animals, I spent most of my holiday getting extra food for them despite the many signs asking otherwise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the patio garden in the middle of the hotel, any room overlooking the bea...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Armand88
kildare
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

stayed here with family. Honestly no major complaints everything was average. Food was average, staff were average and so were the rooms...but you get what you pay for, if you dont want 3 star pay more. The noise may be problem for couples or people with small children as its located right on bar street. Also the balconys are so small only one person can stand at a time. No Name bar which is right beside the sami beach has friendly staff and we were well looked after by deniz. if you are young this is the place to stay otherwise would recommend to stay in bitez :)

Room Tip: ask for a pool view as these may be quiter
2 Thank ilovebitez
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

Sami Beach is a wonderful hotel. I stayed there the end of july 2012.This was my second time in Turkey with my family but was in Bodrum the last time. When we arrived at the hotel they were very friendly. There was 2 boys around 18 at reception waiting to take your luggage and bring them to the room for ya. I found that the food and the hotel was very good. Didnt have problems with either of them. The night entertainment was very good. All the staff got involved and got everyone up dancing. All the staff were lovely and very friendly. They were'nt too pushy where as some of them are up the street in the shops were very pushy. The only thing I wasnt really happy with was the way some of the younger staff acted with my 17 year old daughter. They were always over talking to her and getting her up dancing and they were always saying that the loved her. That was the only annoying thing. My daughter didnt mind that much though as she was there years ago when her sister was about 16 so she knew what to expect. If its your first time going to turkey and your a teenager or in you twenties just be prepared for them to be very full-on. I would reccommend going on the boat trip. It is worth it and you will enjoy a really relaxing day.
I will definitely be going back to Sami Beach next summer. One of the best holidays i have been on!

3 Thank Ciara R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Magnific Hotel
Bodrum Beach Resort
Bodrum Beach Resort
#8 of 98 in Gumbet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,047 reviews

Been to Sami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!