“Excellent!!!!!!”

Green House Apart Hotel
Ranked #1 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Excellent hotel. very clean and very good lay-out. staff are very good. engıne and hero are very helpful and couldnt do enough for us on our vısıt to the greenhouse, any problems we had they were the fırst to help us and never complaıned once. the entertaınment they put ın place for us at nıght was excellent, they got us up to dance and were very very good at what they done. we all enjoyed ourselfs, as a member of a party of 8 they couldnt of done enough for us all.
The food ın the greenhouse ıs of a very hıgh standard, esp the sunday roast. excellent food, ı would recommend you eat at hotel at least once as ıt defo ıs good value for money.
They have two pool areas, one at the front whıch ıs lıvely and one to the back whıch ıs quıet whıch suıts all customers. The bar area ıs excellent wıth a large choıce of alcohol and soft drınks. all customers who were stayıng there the same tıme as us all had a ball..no one had a bad word to say about any of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Linda F

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Greenhouse is a lovely hotel to stay in, with friendly staff, lovely food, excellent entertainment. Room are very clean.
We have stayed at the greenhouse for many years and have never had a bad experience staying there. I have read through the "bad" reviews and totally disagree with the comments left. I do not have a bad thing to say about the greenhouse. It's very close to beach and town. Excellent location. I have been coming to turkey for 10 years now and this is the the best by far.. Would recommend to anyone. I personally think the bad reviews are quite minor problems and really not a issue to complain about. 10/10

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank leigh-hilary
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have just returned from another amazing holiday at the Green House Apart Hotel Gumbet, This was the 7th time I have stayed there and would not think of staying any where else. The hotel is very close to the beach, shops, restaurants and bars. The rooms are clean and spacious, there is a lady that comes in every day to empty bins and every second day changes the beds and leaves clean towels. We always book self catering as we don't like to be tied down to where and when we eat, but this year we ate a lot at the Green House as their food was so good and very good value. As for the staff they are amazing very helpful and nothing is ever to much trouble for them they have become like family to us. 2 of the guys that stand out for me are Engin and Hero they are great to just talk to or have a laugh with( I just wish they would work on there dance moves lol ) Engin makes the best Strawberry daiquiri in Gumbet yum yum :) I am already looking forward to going back in Sept as its become my second home x

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank carrie j
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely food from the hotel restaurant, excellent staff...always very helpful and cant do enough for you! Relaxed but Fun atmosphere would recommend this hotel for all ages, close to beach, shops, restaurants and takeaways (walking distance)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank xoxlou2xox
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here last year 1st week of May on a self catering basis and wrote a fairly favourable review. I returned from my 2nd visit (2nd week of May 2014) on a half-board basis...and although I will deffo go back to Gumbet I shall NOT book the Greenhouse again. Why?
Well for starters this is the ONLY hotel I have ever stayed in on half-board basis where I had to seek out a member of staff and request a bar of soap for the room (I was given ONE measly little round bar which I had to make last 9 whole nights) - some hotels I go to provide soap, shampoo, bath/shower gel, comb, after sun milk & toothbrush. Oh and if you want a kettle or toaster you have to pay extra. No hairdryer for the ladies in the bathroom.
Then there is the bedding. You are provided with a flat base sheet but only textured covers for the top which feel rough and uncomfortable against the skin (when I managed to "procure an additional sheet to put between my body and the "throw-over" it was removed by the chambermaid and not replaced.
The hotel bar is over-priced considering you get no "extra's" or consideration for being a paying guest. 10 Turkish lira's for a large Effes which you can have for 5 at Uncle Fester's on the outskirts and there they serve it in a FROZEN tankard. Or pay the 10 lira's at the other bars and you will be provided with lively entertainment including fit young men doing breakdancing etc for your enjoyment.
One day half way through my holiday a lovely lady staying at same hotel (Linda - 71 year old) invited me to play her at pool (pool table is located half a level below the swimming pool area). I told her I wanted to go my room and have a drink having just returned from my boat trip but she was keen to get the game started as she was going out for dinner soon after...so I popped to my room and poured myself a drink and took it down to the pool table. within a minute one of the head staff (called Engine) appeared and told me off for bringing a drink from my room down to that area. I told him it was the first time I had done that and anyway if they didn't charge so much at their bar I might not have even done that. He kept on and on at me. When I tried to speak directly with Linda (my lady pool player) he just kept butting in even though I was speaking to her and not him until I finally told him to go in away (but said using much stronger language - I can't use the actual words on here but to give a clue - one word has four letters and the other has three). I don't usually speak to hotel staff that way..but he was really pushing my buttons and over ONE drink that I took from my room....!
I was so mad that I didn't go for dinner or breakfast for 2 days (even though I had paid for it).
Oh yes and on special "Turkish Bar-B-Que night they had the audacity to suggest that I should pay at least 15 liras (half the normal 30 for self catering folk) to attend to eat food that I had already paid for being half board.
Even though I like Duwain and Bloody Mary...I probably won't return to the Greenhouse - as it was I had a quick look at several others all very close by such as Queens where the space and room furnishings are far better etc.( furnishings at Greenhouse are all looking very tired and dated) although I will admit I have yet to compare prices...I would rather pay a few pounds more (if there IS any difference) than return to Greenhouse.

My tip for a fun evening is Deja Vu bar just along from Magnifique Hotel next to saloon Kadir where my lovely friends Gemma and Kadir (with fab staff) run a meticulously clean hair dressing saloon. Deja Vu is a great night and drinks same price as at the rather glum bar at Greenhouse with a "party atmosphere every evening.

Oh a couple of other niggles about the room. The bedroom is upstairs from the "living area". In some it is 5 steps up and others it is 9 steep steps. Not a huge problem in itself but if you need to go to the bathroom in the night - there are NO bedside lamps - only the ceiling light and the switch for that is INconveniently placed OPPOSITE the foot of the bed right next to that flight of 9 steep stairs....I wonder if anyone has had an accident while trying to find the light switch in the middle of the night...? Especially if you have had a good evening out and enjoyed a few drinks.

Room Tip: Block E - if you still decide to stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank tivvytwice
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have just returned from a fantastic week at Greenhouse Apart Hotel in Gumbet. We were looking for somewhere to spend a week relaxing in the sun and could not of asked for a better place to enjoy the wonderful Turkish weather. The accomodation was clean and spacious and location great. We had breakfast at the hotel each morning with a Turkish breakfast option available which was lovely or English breakfast choices which were also very good with individual preferences caterered for! We ate at the hotel a few times including the BBQ night and the food each time was very good, freshly cooked with a nice choice of dishes. I have to say that what really made the holiday for us were the fantastic staff who not only provided excellent service but were so friendly and made us feel so welcome. With so many places in the world to see, returning somewhere isn't something we usually do. We did visit Greenhouse about ten years ago and it was the great deal and memory of it being good that led us to book when it popped up on an internet search. I can honestly say now however that we would happily make an exception and return again and probably will, if only to see the lovely staff who made the week so great. Thanks to all. S and K

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank westosandk
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Just got home and want to go back now!! The place is stunning, kept so clean and well maintained. The staff are crazy!! So much fun and can't do enough for you. They make your holiday! Gumbet is awesome, we went walking by the shops and beach everyday and by the end of 10 days felt like locals- everyone so friendly. The beach and beachfront is beautiful, could look at it for hours watching the boats and the water sports. If you're looking for somewhere fun but also with a personal touch you must stay at Green House!! I never want to go back anywhere twice but this place was so good we're already planning to go back!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends