“My Turkish Delight at Green House Apart Hotel”

Green House Apart Hotel
Ranked #1 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 15 June 2014

From the 2nd to the 9th of June 2014, I travelled to Turkey with a group of high school friends and we had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for our entire holiday.

I am starting to regret not taking any photos but the good memories will hopefully remain long after summer 2014. This will in no small part be due to an overall exceptional hotel.

The rooms were equipped with the essentials in furniture ( sheets, towels, glasses, mugs etc. ) and spotless on our arrival. Throughout our stay they were maintained wonderfully by the cleaning staff.

The hotel's restaurant offered a great variety of options for lunch and dinner but it was their breakfast menu in particular that turned out to be truly great value for money. We comfortably managed a full English breakfast everyday without denting our budgets.

Security was never an issue when heading out to lay on the beach all day or onto the party strip until the early hours of the morning, since staff occupying a 24 hour reception kindly looked after your room's keys while we were away.

Two pools contained within this hotel meant that we enjoyed many hours in paradise under the sun with no disturbance. We tended to prefer the quieter pool around the corner but appreciated a larger pool occupying the more social area of the hotel being available if we grew bored.

The location of this hotel offered the perfect distance to the beach and the nightclubs because both were manageable walks and we were far enough away to enjoy a decent night's sleep as far as noise was concerned.

All of the staff working at this establishment were incredible and I admired their courteous and enthusiastic nature towards guests.

May I offer thanks in particular to Hero for his infectious positive energy when he welcomed us into the hotel on our arrival and sought to get us involved with hotel games by the pool one sunny afternoon. By the end of our stay, the group were in unanimous agreement that he would be missed very much.

May I thank Umit for his consistently brilliant service as our waiter at lunch and drinks provider at the hotel bar in the evenings. His manner in dealing with food and drink orders from our group of seven on top of other guests was admirable to day the least.

May I thank Arthur for being so well-informed on the topics of Gumbet, Bodrum and activities available to name but a few. Were it not for him, we may never have got round to our half-priced full Turkish massage just down the road from the hotel.

Finally, may I thank Engin, who I gathered to be the director of the team of frontline staff at this hotel. I was very impressed with his management of the Turkish Night Party held at this establishment every Thursday evening (at least while we were there). He made one hell of a DJ, albeit he didn't have our more adventurous karaoke choices available.... Fortunately for him, we lacked the guts to follow through on singing anyway.

In offering constructive criticism, I would write that there were times when the staff got a little too pushy when it came to getting the guests involved in hotel activities and eating at the hotel's restaurant. Don't get me wrong, since the food available was very good. However, they soon realised that, as tourists, we wanted to venture out as much as we could and try new things. If we wanted routine, we would gladly have stayed at home in the UK.

It would also be worth noting that the hotel wifi is not free and this should probably change, since free wifi is available from most if not all of the restaurants and bars. It's another reason to consider eating out rather than in at the hotel's restaurant.

Lastly, I would recommend that the hotel get a Bristish Computer and keyboard installed because we struggled with keyboards labelled with Turkish characters. This wasn't because we couldn't read them but rather because some keys produced different text upon the screen and we consequently could not log onto our email accounts. Looking back though, I imagine that the staff would have helped us around this if we had just asked.

I am not one for travelling to the same place twice, so it's unlikely that I'll visit Turkey again. However, I can honestly declare that I would return to Green House Apart Hotel and be confident that their part in making the experience enjoyable would be fulfilled.

While I can't truly say if it's the perfect place for couples or families, this hotel is certainly the right choice for a lad's week abroad.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dean P

Reviewed 9 June 2014

What can I say....im a regular to the green house now but every year it gets better and better. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave you are treated unbelievably well. Rooms are basic but clean, staff are absolutely amazing , nothing is ever too much hassle. The food is absolutely fantastic and could not fault anything. Love the green house they certainly know how to make you feel special xx

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Lisaknox84
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have stayed at the green house twice now and both times have been amazing. The staff are so friendly and make you feel like family, especially hero and engin, they made our last night a great night. The hotel is clean, the food tastes great, it is close to everything you need and want and there is a great atmosphere there. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of going to gümbet. I will definitely stay there again. Thanks for a great holiday guys!

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank Carlzdickens
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Excellent hotel. very clean and very good lay-out. staff are very good. engıne and hero are very helpful and couldnt do enough for us on our vısıt to the greenhouse, any problems we had they were the fırst to help us and never complaıned once. the entertaınment they put ın place for us at nıght was excellent, they got us up to dance and were very very good at what they done. we all enjoyed ourselfs, as a member of a party of 8 they couldnt of done enough for us all.
The food ın the greenhouse ıs of a very hıgh standard, esp the sunday roast. excellent food, ı would recommend you eat at hotel at least once as ıt defo ıs good value for money.
They have two pool areas, one at the front whıch ıs lıvely and one to the back whıch ıs quıet whıch suıts all customers. The bar area ıs excellent wıth a large choıce of alcohol and soft drınks. all customers who were stayıng there the same tıme as us all had a ball..no one had a bad word to say about any of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Linda F
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Greenhouse is a lovely hotel to stay in, with friendly staff, lovely food, excellent entertainment. Room are very clean.
We have stayed at the greenhouse for many years and have never had a bad experience staying there. I have read through the "bad" reviews and totally disagree with the comments left. I do not have a bad thing to say about the greenhouse. It's very close to beach and town. Excellent location. I have been coming to turkey for 10 years now and this is the the best by far.. Would recommend to anyone. I personally think the bad reviews are quite minor problems and really not a issue to complain about. 10/10

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank leigh-hilary
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have just returned from another amazing holiday at the Green House Apart Hotel Gumbet, This was the 7th time I have stayed there and would not think of staying any where else. The hotel is very close to the beach, shops, restaurants and bars. The rooms are clean and spacious, there is a lady that comes in every day to empty bins and every second day changes the beds and leaves clean towels. We always book self catering as we don't like to be tied down to where and when we eat, but this year we ate a lot at the Green House as their food was so good and very good value. As for the staff they are amazing very helpful and nothing is ever to much trouble for them they have become like family to us. 2 of the guys that stand out for me are Engin and Hero they are great to just talk to or have a laugh with( I just wish they would work on there dance moves lol ) Engin makes the best Strawberry daiquiri in Gumbet yum yum :) I am already looking forward to going back in Sept as its become my second home x

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank carrie j
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely food from the hotel restaurant, excellent staff...always very helpful and cant do enough for you! Relaxed but Fun atmosphere would recommend this hotel for all ages, close to beach, shops, restaurants and takeaways (walking distance)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple