“Amazing!!!”

Ranked #3 of 99 Hotels in Gumbet
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Recently stayed at the green house and can honestly say it was the best holiday I have ever been on. The staff are so friendly and are always more than happy to help! Lovely food and setting, rooms are spacious and clean as is the hotel overall. AMAZING!!!! Will defiantly be visiting again as soon as possible!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Claire W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been back 2 days and I am still suffering with major holiday blues. The greenhouse apart hotel made my holiday and I will definitely be going back.
The location of this hotel is perfect. The beach is a 5 minute walk from the hotel as well as bars and restaurants that lead up to bar street.
Food ordered at the restaurant is always lovely especially the amphora kebab and the English breakfast, I never had a bad meal.
The hotel has 2 pools one being quieter than the other which is nice and during the two weeks I stayed I never struggled to find a sun bed. We were given fresh towels regularly and our room was a good size. Wi-fi is also free.
I must say however one of this hotel's best features is it's staff. Engin is amazing and is very keen to make sure you are enjoying your stay at the hotel. He will go out of his way to guarantee this and will make you feel valued as a customer. JJ is very friendly and a good entertainer. Hero is cheeky but lovely and also entertains. Arthur is extremely helpful and friendly and plays brilliant music. After speaking to locals and guests of other hotels Greenhouse seems to be the best hotel in Gumbet that offers quality service, entertainment and fun. I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed August 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

After my first, and what I thought was going to be my last, I was forced to return to turkey to celebrate an 18th birthday with several family members. After staying in one if the worlds most shocking hotels last time whilst in turkey I just prayed this place was better.......... And yes this hotel is a tiny oasis in the middle of desert of awfulness!
If you want to stay in Gumbet, stay in this hotel, it's clean, the staff are very well spoken, polite and respectful. Their food is excellent and you can't go all inclusive, just half board, but their bar prices are very fair and the alcohol isn't watered down. There are cleaners on duty almost 24 hours a day, at 4 in the morning they are fumigating the property. The only criticism is the booking web site states air con to rooms included, but it isn't, it's £20.00 a week charge.
Once you step outside the oasis of this hotel, just remember you are in Turkey, bars watering down drinks, charging £6.10 for a bottle of Budweiser and serving really bad food, and once again, Every Turkish man seems to think they have a god given right to maul, grope and grab any English woman they set their eyes on, that includes my partner as I stand beside her! OMG I hate turkey and always will

Room Tip: The parasols around the pool are few and far between grab one early if you want some shade
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I went here a few years ago with my family, and we loved it, so this year we thought we would come back because we knew how close it was to everything, and the hotel itself was outstanding. When we got there, the staff were very welcoming and I felt like I had made lifelong friends, such as JJ, engine, hero, Arthur, and many more amazing guys. They made my holiday a lot more fun, and made me want to stay at the hotel for even longer. But we didn't just love it because of the people, the food was beautiful, the rooms were spacious, and it was close to everything, such as bar street, and a 5 minute walk to the beach. Now my mum and I have talked, and decided to come back again next year, as we have had one of the best holidays yet, thanks to the staff.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank shannon12356
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have nothing but amazing things to say about this hotel and its lovely staff. My two friends and I had decided to book a last minute girly week away and when this place came up we were SOLD. From the minute we arrived (around 11pm on Monday 4th August) we had a week of non-stop fun (what's sleep by the way?)
The hotel is located just five minutes walk to the beach and bar strip which is ideal if you like it busy but are still off the main track. To be honest, we weren't expecting to spend much time in the hotel on an evening. Normally I like to try different restaurants on holiday but we found ourselves booking in three nights as the food was actually so yummy and beautifully prepared! I can't recommend enough the traditional Turkish clay pot, the seabass, the turkish kebabs and oooh whilst you're at it, make sure you book on to the Turkish night! We had great fun dancing alongside the belly dancers...
JJ and Engin are literally the most lovely people as are the rest of the team and all so full of energy 24/7. They want to get everyone involved but we also chatted to them about their lives and got to know them. At the Greenhouse you feel like you are part of a big family!
The hotel rooms and general surroundings are lovely..the hotel owner has a shop next door and he is just so cute! We booked to go to the markets through him and he arrived with the biggest smile to pick us up and take us there!

Gumbet is super lively..we stayed out most nights on Bar Street until 4am! If you prefer it a little quieter then it's probably better to get a taxi or a bus into Bodrum itself, which is very pretty and still has lots of restaurants and bars!

I would recommend this place to singles, couples and families- there is something for everyone! Happy holidays!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My 3rd year heading back to the greenhouse, and without fail a fantastic 2week stay , id recommend anybody to stay here. The staff & people there are just excellent and extremely nice , JJ, Engine , Arthur & the rest of the staff are amazing , rooms are fantastic , where ever your room is you have a pool view , both pools are fantastic & only a 5min walk from the beach !! and only 10min walk to Bar street!! Also there are all different shows on each night & the Turkish night every Thursday which is amazing! everyone's paradise :D well il be back next year again for another amazing stay :D !!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashyboo
london
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel looks nice, it's in a reasonably good location, our room was nice & the staff were friendly but if your not spending money in the hotel they're not interested in you. The bar area is very loud every night until the early hours so don't expect any relaxing nights sleep. The aircon ISN'T free we had to pay £20 for the week but it did work well, didn't use the wifi so can't say but it's free in every restaurant we went to. The food prices/quality are both easily beaten by the many bars/restaurants in the area. The spirits/cocktails are noticeably weaker & more expensive than others we had. The turkish night (Thursday) is good entertainment & the food is good with plenty to go around. I am genuinely surprised this hotel is rated No1 in the area & I'm very disappointed as I booked it solely trusting this rating, it makes me worry how bad the rest must be or question the integrity of the other reviews. Each to their own I guess.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank beau76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Tropicana Beach Hotel
Bodrum Beach Resort
Bodrum Beach Resort
#9 of 99 in Gumbet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,070 reviews

Been to Green House Apart Hotel? Share your experiences!