Green House Apart Hotel
Ranked #1 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 26 August 2014

First time in Turkey so didn't know what to expect as hotel and flight very reasonable. Well i could not really fault the rooms too much as the price was very good.
It was clean and everything we needed as we were eating out a lot and really didn't use the facilities. We ate a couple of times in the complex and it was very good but we are wanderers and like to explore so i cant comment too much.
The only gripe i would have with the room if i was staying onsite would be no freezer and lack of cooking facilities other than a plug in table top electric hob. The exchange rate is so good for us brits it really is not worth cooking at the apartment so let the hotel supply food and entertainment or go and explore.
You hear people say the staff can get grumpy if you don't stay on site but we didn't experience this.
Bribe the reception with a few beers and eat once in a while onsite, the breakfast is good..
The pool is very good, clean and family friendly.
The staff are very good and the owner a diamond...
Well basically i have read some of the very few negative comments on trip advisor and what do they expect for the money?... i think they anticipate they are in a 6 star hotel served by royalty...
We met people on the coach back to bodrum airport who said their hotel was, well...... (crap) and they spent most of their time in our green house apartments.
Well i am a normal suffolk boy and partner who decided to go to turkey at a reasonable price and we can say it was great and when i come back to bodrum i will definitely stay at the greenhouse apartments...
Thank you Greenhouse and also a thanks to Thomas Cook.
Sean & Janet

Room Tip: Well i think all the rooms are good from what other customers told me.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sean h

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Hotel was clean , especially the pool area, our rooms were not cleaned regularly , I washed our floors myself, food was nice drinks were very watered down, all the staff are nice but hero was very annoying, constantly trying to get you to eat at the apartments! We wanted to discover restaurants out with the apartments but sometime just for peace we would give in to him! I think if they lowered there prices for drink we would have been happy to stay and drink there! Overall it was a good holiday but not the best iv been to in turkey

Reviewed 23 August 2014

The whole hotel was clean and our 2 storey apartment was very roomy......first time for years we didn't have to sleep in the same room as our teenage daughter whilst on holiday. The staff were friendly, helpful and always smiling. Good choice of food which was well presented and tasty and I am a really fussy eater so thats saying something. Was going to book direct with this hotel for next years holiday but actually won one in a comp....RESULT, can't wait.
Big thanks to all the staff, Engin, Hero, JJ, Atto, Umit and many many more, keep up the fantastic work that you all do sooooo well xx

Sally, Terry and Courtney (Hot tuna lol)

Room Tip: Definately book the 2 storey room where you overlook the downstairs sleeping area
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally P
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Recently stayed at the green house and can honestly say it was the best holiday I have ever been on. The staff are so friendly and are always more than happy to help! Lovely food and setting, rooms are spacious and clean as is the hotel overall. AMAZING!!!! Will defiantly be visiting again as soon as possible!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Claire W
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been back 2 days and I am still suffering with major holiday blues. The greenhouse apart hotel made my holiday and I will definitely be going back.
The location of this hotel is perfect. The beach is a 5 minute walk from the hotel as well as bars and restaurants that lead up to bar street.
Food ordered at the restaurant is always lovely especially the amphora kebab and the English breakfast, I never had a bad meal.
The hotel has 2 pools one being quieter than the other which is nice and during the two weeks I stayed I never struggled to find a sun bed. We were given fresh towels regularly and our room was a good size. Wi-fi is also free.
I must say however one of this hotel's best features is it's staff. Engin is amazing and is very keen to make sure you are enjoying your stay at the hotel. He will go out of his way to guarantee this and will make you feel valued as a customer. JJ is very friendly and a good entertainer. Hero is cheeky but lovely and also entertains. Arthur is extremely helpful and friendly and plays brilliant music. After speaking to locals and guests of other hotels Greenhouse seems to be the best hotel in Gumbet that offers quality service, entertainment and fun. I will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

After my first, and what I thought was going to be my last, I was forced to return to turkey to celebrate an 18th birthday with several family members. After staying in one if the worlds most shocking hotels last time whilst in turkey I just prayed this place was better.......... And yes this hotel is a tiny oasis in the middle of desert of awfulness!
If you want to stay in Gumbet, stay in this hotel, it's clean, the staff are very well spoken, polite and respectful. Their food is excellent and you can't go all inclusive, just half board, but their bar prices are very fair and the alcohol isn't watered down. There are cleaners on duty almost 24 hours a day, at 4 in the morning they are fumigating the property. The only criticism is the booking web site states air con to rooms included, but it isn't, it's £20.00 a week charge.
Once you step outside the oasis of this hotel, just remember you are in Turkey, bars watering down drinks, charging £6.10 for a bottle of Budweiser and serving really bad food, and once again, Every Turkish man seems to think they have a god given right to maul, grope and grab any English woman they set their eyes on, that includes my partner as I stand beside her! OMG I hate turkey and always will

Room Tip: The parasols around the pool are few and far between grab one early if you want some shade
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I went here a few years ago with my family, and we loved it, so this year we thought we would come back because we knew how close it was to everything, and the hotel itself was outstanding. When we got there, the staff were very welcoming and I felt like I had made lifelong friends, such as JJ, engine, hero, Arthur, and many more amazing guys. They made my holiday a lot more fun, and made me want to stay at the hotel for even longer. But we didn't just love it because of the people, the food was beautiful, the rooms were spacious, and it was close to everything, such as bar street, and a 5 minute walk to the beach. Now my mum and I have talked, and decided to come back again next year, as we have had one of the best holidays yet, thanks to the staff.

2  Thank shannon12356