“isis hotel”

Ranked #17 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
scunthorpe
“isis hotel”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

hotel was very nice however the rooms need updating we stayed for 10 days and we had room 3209 near the swimming pool it was a famliy room the room itself was good however the bathroom was mouldy dirty and musty.My daughter had a room further along the same part and her room was tiny and smelt of sewage.Also one morning part of the marble sink fell away with a loud crash at 6am in the morning good nobody was in the bathroom would of caused a serious injury when i told reception they just said we will clean it up later not impressed.Apart from that everything else was fine the beach was nice and the food was good.The spa was very clean staff very friendly.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the main building
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank lesley1andy
isis H, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Isis Hotel, responded to this review, 11 January 2017
Dear lesley1andy,
Thank you for your sharing. Your information will be taken into consideration the quality standards requirement. We will be glad to welcome you again with the quality of service and quality of the concept which is renewed every year.K.Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were moved to this hotel after originally being booked into a hotel in the middle of Gumbet which was not suitable for a couple of 50 plus. As soon as we pulled up outside we could see this was 100 times better. Reception staff were really helpful and friendly and we were soon settling into a lovely room. Only one small complain was that they seemed to have forgotten to clean the groutting around the bath when they revamped the bedroom. The main restaurant was a little bit on the big side but the choice of food and the very friendy helpful staff, especially Mesut made it an enjoyable experience. The four a la carte were very good and served plenty of food more than we could eat.
Although a couple of times we didn't get our free mini bar stocked up every time it only took a phone call to resolve this.
All in all this hotel is great and we would happily return especially since they saved our holiday from being a disaster!

Room Tip: Ask for 3206 or garden room on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lglendenning
Dear Iglendenning,
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We went with three friends for 2 weeks.

Location was good close to Gumbet but far enough to be away from the streets packed with open air night clubs which would ruin a quiet relaxing evening. Lets face it, you can't party every night.

Facilities. The gym has an amazing panoramic view over the bay, all 3 pools are poor basically catering for little children or people who can't swim. Spa was average.

Actual beach is poor, a mixture of sharp stones and sand, but thankfully is small.

The majority of the water front is on marble tiles or wood decking acting as a walk along pier, perfect for swimmers and sun worshippers alike. The pier itself with large cushion beds was my favourite spot.

Music was poor not in what they played but they played different songs at the same time in different locations leading to clashing sounds. Why not link all speakers to one cd player/dj and make it enjoyable for all? And no holiday maker wants to hear someone speaking over the tannoy... no microphones blurting bad english...please!

The main food hall is the best, no lobster and caviar but just great food consistently. You want salt baked fish, spit roasted lamb, organic fruit and veg you got it.. want pasta, stir fry or just a plain old hamburger and chips? you got it. The food selection was good with new menus every day of the week. There were a number of all inclusive restaurants but the main buffet hall was the place to be.

Rooms. This is where this hotel is let down it's a real Jekyl and Hyde performance . They have spent thousands on laying granite on floors and surrounds, but rooms were riddled with the smell of damp because they have cheap extractors, poor paint, and broken mouldy tiles galore. Good clothes storage, but 4 coat hangers for a suite of 3 people? IF the hotel is reading right now, for goodness sake change your used lightbulbs, and make sure fresh towels are there before a new guest arrives, 3 phone calls and we waited 45mins for towels.

We were sold the club rooms as being the best most upto date rooms...a solid 3 star.

I complained to the hotel day manager about our room as we were given the wrong room nothing like what was promised in the pictures or described over the phone and the only thing the man could muster up was "it's not my fault", when i asked who is going to correct the fault? He again would say "it's not my fault". So good luck with Mr. It's not my fault if you ever have a problem at this hotel. 3 days later on after they changed our room another member of staff admitted the hotel had sold our room to someone else.

A friend was staying in the main hotel, and their room was exponentially better, much closer to the 5 stars this resort claims to be. Personally I would avoid this hotel if I couldn't get a room in the main hotel.

Beds are comfortable with a pillow and quilt menu, air conditioning works; albeit leaky.

At night there are many social areas to relax in the upper terraces where you can meet and make friends... I suppose the 24hr free bar helps too, but this open air terrace area was well designed and great.

Reception was very helpful in person, but do not expect 5* over the phone as you would be passed from worker to worker hoping someone can speak an iota of English.

The reps were very friendly but have to stop prancing around blowing whistles in the sunbathing areas as some people just want to relax. Most of them were very considerate.

Wifi is a joke... do not come to this hotel thinking you can do some work in spare hours. It can't even load a google search page, and the vip wifi has the range of a piece of string from reception so leave the laptop at home.

Laundry service is relatively expensive, and half the workers don't even know it exists.

Conclusion: I would consider coming here again as the bathing areas, food, social areas and sea water is very good. Despite the negatives no hotel is perfect, but with a few tweaks they could have a 4*, avoid any room not in the hotel itself and the tweaks would make a standard 5*. So I might come again hoping they have ironed out their problems.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deniz G
Dear Deniz G.,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

After a third visit at the Isis, I would still come again because I know what to expect. We found enough staff were helpful and pleasant and then there were some staff that found English difficult to understand (it took a good few minutes to work out that wine isn't available from the pool bar until someone came along and helped translate that I needed to go to the indoor bar). I think the 5* rating reflects the facilities available. It is a large busy hotel but don't expect it to be immaculate.

We like to rise early and get the best part of the day, so we are able to claim a good space by the pool or the beach for the day. It was already very hot early in the morning in June, so it was good to choose our spot before the areas get busy. Breakfast in the restaurant is also nice and relaxed if you are in there early (service is 7-10am so there is plenty of time). We were also satisfied by the variety of food. Yes, it repeats chicken/fish etc but the sauces do vary. The salad bar is also very good. The bookable free restaurants offer a change from the main restaurant. You get plenty of food but you will pay for drinks - but see below about Turkish service. A decent bottle of wine came out at about 30 Euro's (payable on room checkout). The fish bar on a jetty at the end of the beach is a superb location for a change of scenery. The terrace bar is very nice for evening drinks.

I think a lot of the staff work hard here and they are closely monitored by management - but I think they have Turkish idea of service, so it's not what you might get elsewhere but they try. It's quite satisfying to tip those who you notice make an effort as they really seem to appreciate it.

Note about the free wifi - you can get a code from reception for free wifi which will only work in the reception area. You need the code each time you use the wifi and it is cancelled once you check out of the room.

Also, the Isis is in a great location for trips away and you should make an effort to visit nearby Bodrum (a taxi is about 14 Turkish Lire - about £4).

One thing that did annoy us was that the local rep who dealt with those booking their holiday via On The Beach was atrocious. He mis-sold trips to us and others we spoke to. We took a moonlit boat trip and were promised transfers and inclusive drinks - which turned out to be one transfer there and drinks had to be paid for, so it was only when we were on the boat that we realised that we hadn't brought enough money and that we were going be deserted at Gumbet harbour when we returned. Not the fault of the boat staff, who actually came to our rescue and helped us get back to Gumbet town for a taxi, but one couple who were on the boat to celebrate their anniversary were faced with having to work out how to get back to their hotel 45 minutes away (they were also promised a three course meal instead of the plate of pasta and salad we got).

Room Tip: Sea view is a nice option and available from many rooms because the hotel is on a hillside. We paid...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ob1onlyhopeless
Dear Guest ob1onlyhopeless,
Thank you for your detailed comment. We will be glad to welcome you again with the quality of service and quality of the concept which is renewed every year.K.Regards.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We arrived at 11.30pm and went to check in desk there was 4 in our party 3 adults and 1 child. I had upgraded to a family room previously. We were taken to our room it was just after 12 when we eventually got there. When we got there there was 1 double bed 1 small single bed and they had put a sheet and pillow over the sofa. There was no way the child aged 3 could sleep on the sofa let alone an adult. I went back to reception and a coach must of arrived in the time we had been taken to our room. I had to stand in line as only 1 person on reception and we were all really hungry as long flight and transfer. I waited 35 mins before I got to the desk
and explained there was 4 of us we had booked a family suite but only had 3 beds for 4 people. I was told there was nothing they could do and would have to go back to reception in the morning. I was at this stage getting really angry not a great start! I then asked if there was anything we could eat as the we were all really hungry he told me there was no food at this time but could order room service as an additional cost. I was unhappy about this as we had paid for an entire day all inclusive and wasn't there to use it and most hotels even 3-4 stars hotels I've been to offer guests something when they arrive late. So off I went back to the room at this stage the little one was crying as was hungry so went to order room service which is really expensive £8 for a pizza £6 for a toastie called the number and no one anaswreed tried about 5 times in 20 mins. I then went back to reception and my order was taken (could have done this at the first stage). The next morning I was still disappointed in the service than I have ever been at the start of a holiday.

I went back to reception to check if we could move into a room that would sleep 4 people as this is what we had paid for we paid £180 a night so not like it was really cheap. The same guy was on reception and he looked at me like hed never spoken to me before so had to explain the whole situation again. He went and spoke with his manager who sits in his office shouting orders from there. The guy came back and said if we wanted a further upgrade it would cost what worked out as an extra £90 a night!!!! I was disgusted to say the least I said I wanted an extra bed but they said the "family suites" only have 3 beds and cant add another in our room.The manager just looked at us as we were all looking annoyed but didnt come to the desk to try and resolve our issue. We then asked about wifi and they said it would cost £70 for the week!! (We did not get told you can get free Wifi in reception we found this out from another guest).

So we decided as a group were going to try and enjoy ourselves as it was the little ones first holiday in the sun. The surrounding areas are very nice and the little one had fun at the kids pool. The all inclusive drinks aren't great they had (no diet coke as had run out as this is what I have with my drinks) They had run out of ice cream for the little one so had to then buy these in the hotel shop which costs more there than it does in the UK. The main restaurant at first site looks impressive but when you actually see and taste what is on offer you will be disappointed.
We tried the Italian restaurant and we were in there for 3 hours and I am not exaggerating and we never got our first course for an hour after being there you have to pay for water and any drinks here. it was almost comical you order a drink and they go the all inclusive bar down stairs bring it back and you have to pay for it.Most of the guests walked out and one Russian guest was really annoyed and started shouting at the manager. It was a complete waste of an evening. We went to guest relations the next day and they said they had problems as they had no chef so the main restaurant had to cook our food. They offered us to try the Turkish restaurant the next night. It was really nice but why do you have to pay for the same drinks you get for free. The all inclusive is a farce we would have been better going self catering.

The entertainment was average at best but the little one liked the kids disco. It only lasts for an hour so after that there isn't much to do as it not close to anything.

I didn't mean to go on as much as this but all in all its not all inclusive considering it was booked through Thomas Cook and was supposed to be silver rating so thought it would be great but ended up spending money on food and drinks more than any other all inclusive I've been on. If you have a family of 4 be prepared to sleep on a sofa for a week.
If they could keep the hotel and change the concept to truly all inclusive and the service and wasn't as overpriced it could of been a great holiday but unfortunately left with a sour taste in our mouths and that wasn't just the food.

Room Tip: If you have more than 3 on your group then someone isn't going to have a good sleep. I wouldn...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your comment we shared with us. Your information will be taken into consideration the quality standards requirement. We will be pleased to welcome you again with the quality of service and concept contents renewed every year.K.Regards.

Travellers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nicely presented and looks smart and rather chic. The rooms are well presented a good size and the mini fridge is topped up daily with soft drinks.
I would be very happy with this hotel if it wasn't all inclusive or advertised as a 5*.

I was really disappointed with the food, it really was the most mundane, tasteless food that my dog wouldn't eat. A real lack of choice and quality in the buffet which resulted in us having to eat out in gumbet daily to escape it.

The music played round the pool and on the beach is enough to drive you insane repeating the same 6 clubbing tunes ALL DAY! EVERY DAY! (I am 20 and in my partying prime but this was a nightmare)

The beach and pool areas are small and unless you wake up early you will not get a bed round the pool at all. I grew very bored around the pool and beach area and found myself once again travelling into gumbet daily to use the beach there where there is more entertainment and more comfortable sun loungers.
The water sports are also ridiculously over priced and it's much cheaper on gumbet beach to do all the activities offered.

As nice and polite as the staff are there is a massive language barrier between English speakers and much of the staff.

The wifi and Internet facilities are really poor and they charge extra for wifi in your room (not so all inclusive) but even this wifi is shockingly slow and really not worth the £3 per hour per device.

As much as I did enjoy my stay in gumbet I would not recommend this hotel as nicely presented and clean as it is. I'm just left feeling sour and disappointed that I paid all that money for an all inclusive 5* hotel and what we got was a 3* hotel with prison food and no number of free bottles of room temperature water could make up for that.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Elliott G
IsisManagementTeam, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Isis Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2015
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for choosing the Isis Hotel & SPA.
It was our plesure to welcome you at our hotel of Isis . Thank you for your valuable feedback. All guest reviews are important to our hotel management team of Isis for improvement our hotel service quality and the guests satisfaction. We would be honored to have you in our hotel once again, for the enjoyable holiday us a team of Isis Hotel & SPA Management Team.

Kind regards,
Isis Hotel & SPA Management Team
Varna, Bulgaria
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The good and the bad side of Isis:
- Ultra all inclusive beverages - only local soft and alcohol drinks, no wine selection
- food - repetitive(chicken and fish, fish and chicken), omelets are made from melange, not reposition of the cold section, dessert were miserable(for Turkey standards)
- service in restaurants - poor. For the most of the staff checking the mobiles were much more interesting that serving the customers. It was not possible to find clean and settled table at breakfast and lunch time
- the 24 hours bar was playing loud music till early in the morning-sleeping was possible only with earplugs
-reception staff may learn to smile
- animation was just annoying
- the only good coffee was available in the pastry,unfortunately this open after breakfast
- the customers
+ view from the most of the rooms
+ gym - equipment from Techno-gym with amazing view to the sea
+ Spa center
+lobby bar service and view
+price for the holiday package

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank user00user
Sayın user00user,
Bizlerle Paylaştığınız yorumunuz için teşekkür ederiz.Verdiğiniz bilgiler kalite standartları gereği dikkate alınacaktır.Her sene yenilenen konsept içeriği ve hizmet kalitesi ile sizleri tekrar ağırlamaktan büyük mutluluk duyacağız.Saygılarımızla.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Royal Asarlik Beach
#1 of 97 in Bodrum City
La Blanche Island Bodrum
La Blanche Island Bodrum
#2 of 9 in Guvercinlik

Been to Isis Hotel? Share your experiences!