“Magnific holiday!”
Review of Magnific Hotel

Magnific Hotel
Ranked #4 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Very nice hotel, kind employees! Ideal location when you love to go to Barstreet. We had a lovely holiday! And, don't forget to make some Magnific photo's!!! All the credits for the photographer! :) We love our pictures!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

PLEASE READ IF YOUR STAYING
there are both good and bad points read through a real honest account of the hotel magnific..

firstly we were put Ina room on the bad side of the hotel, practically 50 yards opposite a bar. they played half decent music at times but its a constant BOOMING..!!!! On what an be described as concert speakers. it started from 9:50pm/10pm to 3am and some nights,4am. SERIOUS louder than you can even believe reading this.. me and my girlfriend are in our early 20's aswell... It was always empty too which makes it even worse.
we took to drinking there watered down alcohol in mini glasses full Of ice to sleep haha.... you can only get one drink person at once. The bar staff favoured Turks with glass size, also never smiled. I Said please,cheers or thank you everytime daily and the best reply is a grunt. Shocking.!
By the way you had a room near the pool it's actual nice and quiet.
The aircon didn't work all the first night, and that was eventually fixed about siesta time about 4pm. The toilet wasn't fastened down either and u could litterally lift it off.
the phone didn't work haha...
But the room on whole is modernish and half decent.

The pool looks amazing, especially at night, and off the roof top seating area. Are maintained okay as look okay.

The food was pretty decent, the salad choices were nice, puddings were above average. Good selection. The main course section was good at night. rubbish at day. not enough choice. Had the BBQ one night and 4/4 chicken thighs had partially raw or cold blood in the middle.. Overall the food was satisfying.

No activities through the day and real average entertainment, For a hour a night

Lobby staff are no good, they don't want to help at times.
The last day we paid £27 tto keep the room, could of paid €30 which is cheaper on exchange so be warned. That have us the room 12pm-6pm.
the electric card wouldn't register so from 12pm-1pm we had no power at all.The worst was about 3:30pm the power went out, just as I just went to wash my hair., leaving me to go use the trickling tap to rinse as the water shut off. didn't even get to wash. Ps ( i could pee harder than the shower lol.) the generator started up behind out balcony when the power went, kicking smoke at out slidey door. meaning no lights, no aircon and no door to open. Sweaty pit while we getting ready for the bus. The idea of taking the room for the extra 6hours was to have a shower.! I complained, reception ladies n Manager were all rude to me and insulted me with a £2 refund. Off £27 haha. You know where I told her to stuff that.

Wifi worked literally, the odd hour or 2 a day. It was a joke.
used the hotels next door. PASSWORD is 6666664444. ;)

Overall it looks nice the foods half decent...
maybe if the staff were better then the place would seem better. And also If someone wiped out the noisy empty bar across the street it would be better.

English 3*
Honest and factual review..!!

1  Thank sirlukee
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have stayed in the Magnific many times and I find it really good for a chill out holiday. One would really feel comfortable there even if they were on there own as everyone was very friendly and the staff are more than helpful especially the Manageress " Malek" who did everything possible to make our holiday an enjoyable one and nothing was too much trouble for her , she was just so ready to help at all times with a smile.
There are certain areas in this hotel that maybe noisy but if you make a request to have a quieter area , it can be done.
I would certainly recommend it and will stay there again Ellie

Room Tip: My room was in the 150 area and was very quiet so easy for sleep
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank 111Ellie
Reviewed 19 June 2013

my 3 friends and i have just spent ten days at this hotel we got back 13th june, the hotel is lovely although the superior rooms in my opinion are average, most of the staff are lovely especially the room cleaners but memhet the pool bar waiter lets it down badly, he is the most ignorant arrogant man you will meet there his attitude stinks he is very very rude, try not to end up in room 134 we spent most of our ten days locked out of it we had to keep calling the technic out to it, we also got locked in as well, we came back to our room one afternooon and could actually get in because a man was in there painting it! we was not asked if it was conveniant they just let themselves and did it which should not be happening when they have had all winter to do it. 2 days before we left my friend and i got food poisoning it was really bad and when i reported it to reception they asked had i got it from the al a carte which we hadnt used it was from the main resturant so they must have known there was a problem and they had the cheek to charge us to keep the room on when we clearly needed it as we were so ill! on a good note the hotel and rooms are very clean the entertainment is good, the staff apart from memhet are lovely and helpful and up untill the food poisoning so was the food it is in a great location and we had a good time the bar next door sohos is good and the staff in there are great you can have a good night on the karioke, certainly wouldnt tell anyone not to go to the hotel just be careful what you eat when you do!

Room Tip: dont except room 134 the lock is broke and you get no sun shining in.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank victoria a
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Magnific a month ago having enjoyed our stay so much we booked to return again and am here right now. Despite the hotel being full the standards were still excellent. I have to praise the Manager Mehmet he is a credit to the hotel and keeps things running to a very high standard as well as being a lovely person as well. As I have mentioned in my previous post I cannot fault the food, staff and cleanliness of the hotel but if I was to be picky my only negative would be that the Internet is very erratic which is a small thing really. We have already booked to come back again for 2 weeks in October. Would also recommend the Services of Vahit and the Hammam. Great holiday once again!

5  Thank Jetlag7070
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed eight days in this hotel and had a excellent holiday. Great hotel, really clean and tidy! Everyday the room was cleaned.
Food was very tasty and varied.
Location was perfect; near the beach and promenade.
There was organized something every evening. After that the entertainment manager Sinan took us to the bar street. Very cozy and a short walk from the hotel.
The hammam in the hotel was also very pleasant.
Finally, the most beatiful memory is created by the photographer Ozgur Enguzel. He works at the hotel and maked a lovely photo shoot. Really super nice pictures! It is highly recommended We never forget this holiday anymore, and will come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Annet1984
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Beautiful scenery inside and outside the hotel fantastic staff and also a relaxing hamam spa Turkish bath was excellent and I defenetly recommend going for a Turkish bath in the hotel where my favourite member of staff worked (vahit zantur) he was so helpful and friendly didn't fail to make me laugh everytime I seen him.

3  Thank Callum123456
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Royal Asarlik Beach
#8 of 98 in Bodrum City
Bodrum Beach Resort
Bodrum Beach Resort
#9 of 101 in Gumbet

Been to Magnific Hotel? Share your experiences!