“Honest Review about the Magnific”
Review of Magnific Hotel

Magnific Hotel
Ranked #4 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked this hotel, at a very good price. On arrival we where greeted by two members of male staff, friendly and welcoming, they checked us in, gave room and towel cards and all inclusive bands. They then took our luggage to our hotel room, number 5. When we opened the door, it was a little dissapointing, not at all like the photos but then again they never are. The room was tidy and partially clean. We did find other peoples food in the fridge from previous visit and used teabags under the bed. The toilet seat was coming off the floor and the furniture was very dated, luckily the experience of the hotel brought it around. The bar offer many drinks, vodka, gin, beer and local spirits. What made my holiday is the sex on beach and blue lagoon cocktails, and local Amaretto which saved me as I hate vodka. The bar staff are hit and miss about how friendy they want to be and they do seem to be very fond of the Germans, I will not lie about that, soon as they heard English they seemed unhelpful and always let other people push in constantly.It is very much true and obvious, but to be honest this did not affect me. I particulary enjoyed speaking to Ferhat, what a lovely gentleman along with samet, and ismail 1 and 2. The food the first few days was very good, and I enjoyed it. It was fresh, clean and well equipped in the restuarant. The staff are very friendly and attentive. The food was a little bit same old same, but it was great food. The hotel grounds where beautiful, clean and well presented. Plently of pool loungers, but this could change if hotel gets busier. The pool is very very deep so be careful, there is no shallow end. The entertainment in the evenings, is very good as there is a different show every night. The speciality restuarant which you get free of charge was not really to my taste, set three course meal. Flat bread and dips, Lamb main, then bakclava dessert. The staff where lovely though during the meal. Overall the hotel is lovely, the staff are lovely. The DJ is awful!! They need to get rid, the music is so bad, and he only speaks to foreign guests, he is very rude and arrogant. The music from the club bar street is unavoidable, it is so loud. I am 21 and it kept me awake even coming back from the clubs at 3/4am. The drinks in the main town are quite expensive coming in at 15/20 lira per drink. So drink as much as you can before! The beach is lovely we get our own area and sun loungers, there is a lovely man who does the boat trip called Popeyes, please please please book with him, he is so lovely and reliable, the food I got on this trip beat the hotel. The wifi never worked at the hotel, which was a real shame. Apparently they where problems across bodrum, but the wifi worked every now and then for like 10 minutes, so please do not rely on the wifi connection. I did have a lovely holiday, was a little sad when Elcin did not seem very interested in helping me or my friends, she seemed uninterested and rolled her eyes often, but read so many good reviews about her, that was a shame. it was a lovely hotel, room for improvements but overall it was good and I really enjoyed my time at this hotel, I would definitely return and looking to come back this year or next! Thank you Magnific, but work on those little things and you will be the best hotel in the whole of Bodrum <3

Room Tip: Move if you get room numbers 1-20
2  Thank emzstreet
OmerFDengiz, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Magnific Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

We, Magnific Family thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you in this summer vacation. It’s pleasing that you remarked the perfect location of our hotel and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees. We have warned our Food and Beverage manager to reinforce the training of bar staff to improve the standards of service. You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. Actually, there were no german customers at the hotel. But there could be some of different nationalities. It's that effort that has stood the best time, and we will continue to ensure our clients receive the best experience at ours. And every english customer is a king or queen for us. It doesn't matter which country the valueable customers come from. We always serve you and all clients like "Custmer is A KING". But we will definetly pay more and more attention on our valuable english customers. We have increased our staff awareness and have made each and every member aware that our standards have to be of a high standard, to impprove the quality of service that we can all give our clienteles. As you know Gümbet is described as a "lively resort" and we are unable to control noise not originated in our hotel. We have warned our manager to reinforce the traning of dj staff to improve the standards of entertainment. Our Front Office manageress named Semra read your compliments and then she will have an appointment with elcin about her skills. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me from info@themagnific.com for further help for your future vacations. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. Thanks again and again for your honest review on the hotel. We will miss you :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,543)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked this 1 week all inclusive getaway for late October 2013. For the price we paid, we weren't expecting anything special but we were presently surprised.The staff were very accommodating & helpful especially the bar & restaurant staff. The hotel backs right onto the beach which is kept very clean with sunbeds just for hotel guests. You can book excursions through a guy called Mehmet who works for the hotel & is very helpful. Even if you're not interested in an excursion, he is happy to sit & have a chat with you & answer any questions you may have about the hotel, town or local area. There are local excursion centres who offer the same trips but they seem to be at inflated prices.
The food was great, lots of choice & different food on a daily basis. They even put on a barbeque one night which was lovely. The bar was serving from early morning until midnight, the staff were always cheerful & helpful. The local spirits are very strong! They also offer their own take on classic cocktails on the all inclusive package.
The pool, although cold in October, was kept very clean & the sunbeds weren't too tightly packed together.
Our room was basic but clean, with maid service daily. We stayed on the street side of the hotel which was very noisy even in October, we only got a few hours sleep a night. The noise from the bars & clubs carries on until at least 3am. I'd recommend trying to get a room on the opposite side of the hotel to try & drown out the noise a bit.
The local area is really nice with lots of good shops for souvenirs etc. The locals will try & coax you into their shops, clubs & bars to try & haggle with you on prices. This got a little tedious with us to be honest as it was every time we went into the town & every time we walked past a shop or club/bar.
Overall for the money we paid for the package, we were very happy with what we got. Would highly recommend this hotel & the area.

Room Tip: Try & get a room on the opposite side of the hotel to the road. Noise from the bars & clubs...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura C
OmerFDengiz, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Magnific Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear "Laura C",

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay last year.

It’s pleasing that you remarked the perfect location of our hotel and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees. We are also happy that you appreciate the staff at the service. As you know Gümbet is described as a "lively resort" and we are unable to control noise not originated in our hotel. We agreed with your opinions.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Gumbet and hope we can prove our high standard of hospitality again. We will miss you :)

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Firstly, please don't underestimate the noise from this hotel. We were aware from other reviews that this hotel was near a nightclub. Nothing could have prepared me for how loud the music would be though. We were lucky enough to get a poolside room but the music was still loud. We managed to sleep through it but it spoiled relaxing in our room.

Good standard of food with a reasonable selection to choose from. If staying more than a week you would probably become bored of the choices. Snack bar served pizza, burgers, chips, mad chicken nuggets. One a la carte meal is included but don't feel disappointed if you miss. It was tasteless in comparison to other meals served.

Rooms
Basic but clean. Small fridge was handy for water

Pool
I loved the pool. It is very deep ( cannot remember depth but I'm 5 "7" and could stand) but well maintained and was refreshing to have an adult pool. Lovely backdrop for evening meal.

Cats
There were lots of,cats around the hotel especially at meal times. I found them circling my feet at meals off putting and would suggest the hotel asks guests to refrain from them.

Location
Beach is right outside and the bus to Gumbet stops at the front of the hotel.

Facilities
Please note that the sauna is available to everyone and not just those using the Turkish Bath. There is mini golf, pool, and a Ping pong table

It's unfortunate how noisy the clubs are as this is a decent hotel that is being brought down by lack of noise control.

Room Tip: Request poolside.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katen M
OmerFDengiz, Guest Relations Manager at Magnific Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Katen M,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Magnific
Your good remark about the standard of food in our restaurants is a great pleasure for us. Normally, A la carte always offers fixed food choices. We have agreed with some points about cats. As you know Gümbet is described as a "lively resort" and we are unable to control noise not originated in our hotel. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me from info@themagnific.com for further help for your future vacations. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. Best regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Me and my friends had a really good time on the hotel magnific! Everything was excellent, the food, service and so on. We loved the dj, Yigit, he is allways happy and did everything for us. All bartenders was good and all serviceman was nice and helpfull, special Samet, Sali, Gukhan and Ismail. The best hotel ever, we will come back and we will recomend this hotel to our friends. Thank you for a good time!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank JuliaIsacson

We, Magnific Family thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you in this summer vacation. It’s pleasing that you remarked the perfect location of our hotel and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees. You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me from info@themagnific.com for further help for your future vacations. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. We will miss you :)

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 2 whole weeks. Grounds were lovely and straight onto the beach and the bar was literally a few seconds walk from the hotels beach. Staff were incredibly hard working and very friendly although on reception we got the feeling they were just telling us what we wanted to hear, but didn't really do anything. Food was amazing too, something I was dreading as I've never been on an All Inclusive holiday before. The only issue we had with the hotel was how terribly loud it was at night. Not the hotel's entertainment itself, but the bars right opposite the hotel. Our room was in the block of rooms right opposite gumbets banging nightlife. A great location to be in if you are after a party holiday and are out in the bars and clubs until 5 AM (thats when they finally stopped the music every night), but if you are after something more relaxing like I was it can be a bit of a nightmare. We got some great earplugs from a pharmacy up the road which saved the holiday as we kept being told that we couldn't move rooms as they were fully booked. Hotel standards wise I would definitely go back there but would request a room closer ro the beach/pool area to be further from the noise.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha B

Dear "Samantha B",

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay.

It’s pleasing that you remarked the perfect location of our hotel and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees. We are also happy that you appreciate the staff at the service and room cleaning. As you know Gümbet is described as a "lively resort" and we are unable to control noise not originated in our hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Had a lovely stay with my Aunt,a few minor prolems but Elcin on reception sorted them out(a lovely pretty girl) not enough Barstaff on at time,although we found Samet to be very hard working,and very polite and nice,Food wes abit repetative.but the waiting staff very nice and friendly,especially Ismail who we had a laugh everyday with(cheeky boy).

This Hotel is very nice and lovely staff,just a pity they built Bar Street right near to it.

Keep up the nice welcome,x

Room Tip: Dont book a promo room,you hear a lot of noise from Bar street so wont get to sleep until after 4am
1  Thank Graham R
OmerFDengiz, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Magnific Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Greetings Graham R,
We, Magnific Family thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you in this summer vacation. It’s pleasing that you remarked the perfect location of our hotel and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees. We have warned our Food and Beverage manager to reinforce the training of bar staff to improve the standards of service. You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me from info@themagnific.com for further help for your future vacations. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. We will miss you :)
Best regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

On arrival we were shown to our room to discover it was a double bed and we were two ladies travelling together I went back to reception and there was a lot of unhappy people complaining about there rooms I asked for a twin room in a quiet area couldn't get one in quiet area until morning .So went back in morning to be met by a very nice manageress.
Who sorted us out straight away she also. Gave us a late checkout on the day we were leaving she is an asset to the Magnific Also Sam customer relations was fantastic and couldn't do enough for you another asset rooms are very clean but basic food was good and plentiful only downside is the noise from bar street but if you get a room in a low number you are laughing I defo would go back Well Done Magnific

Room Tip: Low number rooms are a must
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OmerFDengiz, Guest Relations Manager at Magnific Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear our valueable guest, thank you very much for all your great compliments. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. We have warned our manager to reinforce the traning of dj staff to improve the standards of entertainment. We will try to place candles at the tables around pool are.
Our Front Office manageress named Semra read your compliments and then she was very proud of you to make you happy during your holiday. She hoped she did the best for you to make some necessarry arrangement for your room.
You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me from info@themagnific.com for further help for your future vacations. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. Best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Isis Hotel
#8 of 100 in Bodrum City
El Vino Hotel & Suites
El Vino Hotel & Suites
#1 of 100 in Bodrum City

Been to Magnific Hotel? Share your experiences!