“Beware what hotel you will be staying in”
Review of Hotel Parkim Palas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gumbet
Hotel Parkim Palas
Ranked #72 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 9 April 2009

Five adults of various ages went for 2 weeks. We asked for rooms together and got rooms in two different hotels. One was the Parkim Palas and the other Ayez. The room my son and daughter had only had a double bed, they are both in their 20's! The first room we were shown was dark, damp and really small. We did get moved (after refusing to let the porter go until he had sorted it out) to a better room and son and daughter got moved to the opposite end of a long balcony the next day. Room was nice and clean with plenty of space.... But at night there was a competition on which bar could play the loudest music, this was till 3 to 4 o'clock in the morning. The pools are used by any passer by who wants to use them. Food was ok but very repetitive and if you arrived late there wasn't much choice. On the plus side the pool area was one of the most relaxing we have encountered with the choice of large scatter cousions, bean bags and hammocks. If you want a holiday with plenty of night life and a place to sleep off the hangover the next day this is the place for you!!

• Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank Welltravelled0957

Reviewed 10 June 2008

me and my cousin av just stayed in the parkim ayaz, for a week, we didnt know wot to expect because of some reviews, we booked via sunmaster, who did the holiday quiet cheap, £298 H/B which we thought was ok, we booked our transfers seperate, through a company called triton, dont go there they never showed up wen we arrived at the airport, which wasnt the best start to the hol, we got a airport taxi to our hotel, wen we checked in, we had a balcony, but no view wots so ever, so we went to reception to see if we cud change, which he said wud av to be the sun, we got there fri, anyway the room was ok very clean, but basic not a bad size though, well that was the start, we didnt end up changing rooms as we had already unpacked, but wot a wicked holiday, loved every min of it,fantastic location, large pool, right on beach, quiet a few bars along the beach which are probs more for families, cozy bar very good, lots of entertainment, guy called Bebeto tries reering u through the door, very charming an good looking, but girls please watch him,stay well away, a tip. round the front of hotels u walk up a hill and into bar street excellent if yr wanting to party,open till 5am ish.
hotel food is not bad either, not a lot of choice but caters for vegitarians too. so get this hotel booked and go av a ball.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank charlieangels
Reviewed 7 February 2008

We enjoyed our stay in Turkey and the hotel was very good cleanliness and food wise. The pool was OK too but IMHO, it wasn't suitable for kids.

There is 1 depth all the way around the pool and no shallow end. I'm 5ft 7 and only just kept my mouth above water. You can't bathe and watch your kids paddle or play at the shallow end for fear of them getting into trouble in the deep water. This was not very good for us with having kids aged 2, 5 and 6.

The kids pool it set down below the main pool with a 7 foot wall so you couldn't see your kids in there either. You'd have to be with them all the while which really isn't good for your enjoyment or the kids cos they want to splash, have fun and not have mum and dad with them embarrassing them lol. Fair enough if it was in view it would be fine but unless you're standing up next to the large pool you can't watch them so we just took ours in the big pool with us.

Food is repeated each week but a variety each day very nice. I recommend their Steak a la carte from the menu and have it on the beach it's beautiful. We did this on our last night with a tear in our eye.

The cleaners are very pleasant and the gardens are nice and the family or tortoise was great.

Entertainment was average, it too was repeated each week which I can understand really cos not everyone stays for 2 weeks or more and a 1 week varied entertainment plan is about right.

The only annoying thing is they come around after their show for money/tips and feel obliged to give. It's fine for the really good shows but it can be expensive if it's expected every time.

Breakfast - I could say don't bother, its chipolata type sausages, potato fritter lumps, tomatoes and boiled eggs basically, we went to the restaurant directly across the road upstairs every day and paid £1.00 each for a really nice English breakfast. They loved us cos we went back every day almost and were their best breakfast customers apparently for that 2 week stay lol.

The biggest let down of all for us was the night when our youngest 2 year old son fell from their climbing frame in their small play area near the beach bar, the landing was so solid and hard that he broke his arm in 2 places and in one of the places it snapped completely and you could see it sticking out under the skin.

He was in the Ozel hospital for 3 days and had an operation there to wire his bone back together so he was in plaster for the second week and only came out 2 days before we went home.

I was very disappointed in the hotel for not having some kind of protection on the ground to soften falls, anything like mats, bean bags or something as most hotels did have.

The final straw for us was when we got back the day our son came home from hospital they had a brand new sign up in the play area saying they can't accept any responsibility for injuries cause by, get this, "Unsupervised" children in the play area. We were sitting literally 10 yards away in full view of them at a table watching them. You can't follow kids up into children’s climbing frames and stop them from falling when they have daft cut out holes in the side of the frames for kids to stick their heads out of and say hello!!!! Then fall and break their arm so bad they have to stay in hospital for 3 days and be operated on.

I can't fault the hospital it's much cleaner than the ones in the UK and the service there was second to none, the food was OK too and my partner was allowed to stop overnight with our son in his own private room and there was a pull out settee bed for her too. Granted we had to pay 75 euros per night for her to stay with him but we claimed it back from our insurance after we got back.

All in all Gumbet is fantastic, there so much for everyone to do and see, it's beautiful, plenty good water sports and boat trips too. We're returning this year in July when we get married, we still taking kids cos don't want deprive them of their holiday and we're going on our honeymoon 7 weeks later in Sharma El Sheikh Egypt without them anyway, we'll miss them but it's only once in your life isn't it that you get married and we know they will be absolutely fine with their nan.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Mrdoody
Reviewed 1 February 2008

I stayed in that hotel last year in August, and overall I enjoyed my stay.
Firstly, as the other reviews have mentioned before, the hotel as a lovely layout. A beautiful garden, where you could spend some time if you didn't want to stay at the pool or the beach. The pool was nice, spend a lot time in there, though I found it a bit strange that the pool was closed at 6.30. I think another hour would have been fine. The only other disadvantage was that you could have problems getting yourself a lounger at the pool.
The beach was a disappointing, as it didn't have sand but rather stones, therefore I preferred the pool.

The staff was brilliant. The staff at reception knew me after a day, so any message received for my name was delivered as soon when I came back to the hotel. Also the staff on the bar and a-la-carte restaurant were brilliant and very friendly.

The only other negative things were the food. Breakfast was nice, as I enjoy having something light and cold in the morning.
The dinner was rather OK, however, but you get 30% in the restaurant next door, when you collect a voucher at the reception. And it is a huge different. Due to the voucher it is very cheap, and the food was lovely, especially if you like Fish. I think I have spent more time in the restaurant than using the Buffet, and it was worth every penny.

The entertainment in the evening was nice, if not a bit short. Not sure about the other guests, but I rather enjoyed being part of one session as guests are getting involved in some of the shows.
And if you want to have some drinks afterwards, the superb location of this hotel allows you to to the different pubs and clubs.

I am not sure if I will be back to Gumbet, and maybe an appartment is more suitable for a single traveller. However, I would recommend this hotel, because of the location and the staff.

I hope this review helps at all.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
3  Thank Scotsman79
Reviewed 28 January 2008

Had a great 2 weeks holiday at the Parkim Palas. Room was small but comfortable. Meals were a little too restricted for my liking, not alot of choice but overall they were not that bad. The hotel is situated on the beach front. The hamocs are great for lounging in too. Try the No Name Bar when you go out for a drink at night.(left out of the reception door and about 150 mtrs on the left. Very Very cheap and very friendly.
Also the calipso bar at the left end of the bay as you look out to sea. Owned by Brits. Free Pool table. We will be going back in 2008 for the 3rd time to Gumbet but will try another hotel just for a change. If thats no good, we will go back to the Parkim Palas in 2009 lol. The Gullet ships are very cheap for a day out at sea too, they go to 5 islands and give you lunch on board. And the day trip to Kos is a must from Bodrum. Go and enjoy.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank wayneyquo
Reviewed 21 August 2007

All the recent reviews are spot on about Parkim palas , it was definately a find!!
Rooms were basic but had everything you needed and were cleaned and towels /sheets changed daily.
Excellent location right on the beach where there are always sunbeds available,the pool gets busier and you may find you need to get up to save a prime location sunbed although not as early as some hotels I have seen .Plenty of bars and restaurants surrounding the hotel but you cannot hear any noise from them from the hotel or grounds, the latter being very pretty with banana trees and hammocks to relax in along with the tortoises to watch!!
The staff are all superb and so very helpful, waiters remember you and what you are drinking all the time.
The boat trips are a must and Dennis will do you a good deal on the hotels boat trip which was brilliant.
My one and only criticism is the food which could be a bit more varied and offer more choice..Childrens meals were available to request each night.
We ate out twice , at the Aloha opposite which was very good value and at the Hotels park restaurant ere entitled to 30% discount again a lovely meal.
All in all a lovely holiday we met some wonderful people and definately hope to return

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
7  Thank PeterboroughPinky
Reviewed 10 August 2007

hi 2 every1 reading this.... i stayed in parkim palace in june of this year and ı cant find the rite word 2 sum up the hotel.. location...staff...facilities r all exellent is an under statement and degrading... the only thıng i dıdnt like is we went half board and i wasnt that fussed on food but then again i dont like salads and thru an illness i hav cant eat dıfferent veg... which their just happend 2 b loadz of.... but everything else was totaly amazıng esp the love swings and bıg bean bags under the palm tree lying on r own private part of the beach with kidz park beside 4 any1 wıth kidz.... and staff cudnt of been more attentive esp amhet who has a tımes for everythıng from fresh orange juıce 2 tea times!!!! and only 2 willıng 2 go out of hıs way to do anythıng 4 u ınfact all the staff r lıke thıs... ıts lıke brıngıng the hılton from uk 2 turkey... and perfect 4 any1 wıth walkıng dıffıcultıes r dısabled as thıs all catered 4.... and any1 wıth a specıal occasıon b prepaıred 2 b made a fuss over ı celebrated my 30th b.day theır and was treated lıke a queen....

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank nicola30xox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
#24 of 101 in Gumbet
Queen Resort Hotel
Queen Resort Hotel
#12 of 101 in Gumbet

Been to Hotel Parkim Palas? Share your experiences!