“Best Holiday Yet”
Review of Hotel La Rosa

Hotel La Rosa
Ranked #26 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 14 September 2013

After a weeks holiday staying at Hotel La Rosa, i cannot fault it. The staff are all friendly and took time to get to know everyone, the atmosphere was amazing, there was always something for everyone, nightly Karaoke, where even the hotel manager joined in the fun. The room was lovely and had a great view from our balcony.
The pool area was clean and well maintained. There was plenty of sun loungers or cushions for everyone, as well as a number of shaded area's for those who needed shade.
The hotel is close enough to the centre of town, but yet far enough away that there is no noise, it is only a 20 minute walk or a 10 lira taxi ride.
The bar food was lovely, very reasonably priced
Sophie, the rep for Thomas Cook was great, very helpful, and was always on hand with any information you needed.
The minute i arrived, i fell in love with the place, the best holiday i've had and i will definaltly be booking Hotel La Rosa next year. Massive thank you to all the staff (reception included) the manager and Sophie for making the holiday such an enjoyable one. See you 2014 :D

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cora C

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This hotel is absolutely amazing. The building itself is lovely and the rooms are more than adequate. I went here because the hotel is much smaller than a typical 300 room hotel and it really makes a difference! The owner and all the staff really make an effort with you and they get to know you if you spend some time and effort speaking to them!
People that have said the staff are grumpy... Maybe you should try speaking to them nicely - you will find they are all lovely! Not once did I come across any issues with the staff.

I went half board and paid £4 more per day to go on a HB rate. To be honest, the only slight downfall was the food. It was perfectly edible and there was nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't anything spectacular. The breakfast is a traditional turkish breakfast and it's really good! To be honest, for £2 per day, a 3 course evening meal is only going to be basic - but it's fine and good enough to eat if you're not fussy!

The hotel is in a perfect setting because it's not right in the middle of the tourist area. If you take a 10/15 minute walk down the hill you get to it easily and it is nice to be able to come back and relax.

I have absolutely no faults to pick at this hotel. If you don't like the set menu for half board you can just speak to reception and they offer you something different. Drinks are not 'expensive' as such but they are similar to English prices. Bearing in mind it's a hotel, you have to expect to pay a bit more.The staff are perfect and a really fun. There is music on in the evening and they have entertainment sometimes too. It's really clean and we had no issues with the room we were in.

I've already decided I'm going back next year! Would 100% recommend it to anybody! :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holli H
Reviewed 13 September 2013

After reading some reviews which I completely disagree with I thought I would contribute to these reviews. Myself and my boyfriend stayed here at the end of july-beginning of August for 2 weeks and had a lovely time. There were of course some downsides, for instance it not being as close to the city center as I would have liked although I was fully aware that this would be the case as I looked on trip advisor beforehand. I'm not sure why people are so surprised at some of the factors of the hotel because it is all on trip advisor after all.
Some nights I found the food lovely, other nights it wasn't so great, it honestly was touch and go.
What I don't agree with was the comment that the staff are grumpy!! All the staff are so polite and extremely hard working, they work extremely long hours and are very dedicated to their job. They always made sure everyone was having a good time at the bar and put a nice effort into the cocktails. The grounds are absolutely stunning, it truly is like an oasis and in my opinion one of the best factors of the hotel (including the lovely staff).
It is unfortunate you have to pay for your air conditioning, many hotels offer air conditioning for free so it wasn't great but it is well needed and the air conditioning in our room was great!! I had to turn it off during the night as I actually got too cold, which is unbelievable at the end of July in Turkey.
I wouldn't stay at this hotel again simply because I would like to be closer to the city center and the beaches etc. although over all it was a beautiful hotel and I had an absolute ball. What is also great is because it is a smaller hotel you end up knowing most of the guests before the end of your stay which is great because we met some genuinely lovely people that made our stay even better!
The hotel rep Sophie is so lovely and helpful, go to her about anything and she will help you, a really great girl who worked very hard :)

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola_Starrett
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Just come back from a weeks holiday at La Rosa, with mixed feelings about the place.. Was a bit sceptical of the hotel after reading reviews.

Here are the basic negatives and positives..

Negatives - staff are grumpy, our room flooded from the toilet, you have to pay for air con, beds and towels were not changed all week, bar staff add extra items on to your bill, breakfast was awful (olives, ham, cheese, stale bread, dry fruit juice) dinner was a set menu most starters were soup which was like water served with more stale bread, portions were sized for a child, and drinks and bar food was VERY expensive, a mile and a half walk to gumbet, and stray dogs hanging around the hotel which chase you when coming back from a night out!!

Positives - hotel grounds are clean and nice, was moved to a better room when ours flooded.

I'm not really a person to moan and always stay in basic hotels. I will be coming back to Gumbet but I wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 7 September 2013

After reading many reviews on La Rosa I was sceptical about coming to stay here but I have to say from the moment I entered the hotel all my fears were put to one side. The hotel and the staff were absolutely fantastic. It has to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, the staff were all friendly and helpful, the hotel was clean and tidy, and you were made to feel completely at home. The pool area was clean and well kept, plenty of sun loungers and big cushions to lazy about on. Every member of staff remembered who you were, what you drank, what your fav song was for karaoke! Even the hotel manager joined in for a spot of karaoke! The bar was 24 hours, which was great, lovely cold water when you came back from a night on bar street! The hotel is in a perfect location, you are far enough away from bar street but close enough to enjoy it. It's the perfect hotel for those like us, who wanted to enjoy the hussle of bar street but can get a good nights sleep after a night out!
Busses from outside the hotel in to Bodrum and Gumbet.
Sophie, the rep for Thomas Cook was great! :) Very approachable if you had any queries on anything, she was always about when she said she would be.
The rooms were well kept and clean - only downside no fridge which ment some of my make up melted and my aftersun was warm but no big deal!!
Wi-Fi was a reasonable price too - 10 lira for 24 hours
Bar food was beautiful and again a reasonable price, we were half board but were very rarely up in time for breakfast and eat out most nights.
Take the bad reviews with a pinch of salt at the end of the day not everyone can be pleased but give it a try and I'm sure you will fall in love with La Rosa the way we did.
We are in the process of booking our next trip to La Rosa and we cannot wait :)

Room Tip: Rooms 101 - 103 have the best ground floor views of the pool and bar area :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is beautifully laid out. The rooms are basic, but are kept very clean and are more than adequate. ( if you want 5 star then pay 5 star prices). They would be better if they had brewing up facilities in them.
The pool and bar area are excellent, with plenty of space for sunbathing or staying in the shade. The pool is cleaned daily.
The breakfast is reasonable, and the bar snacks are very good and for a hotel are a good price, the same goes for the drinks.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful.
I have had an excellent time at the hotel and I will definitely be coming back here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Shdriveruk
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My first time abroad. Hotel was clean and tidy. We ate at the hotel most of the time, food was ok, had no complaints. The pool and seating area are very well set out. We went in August, so it was very hot but got a lovely tan. Staff were very friendly and helpful. You were made to feel very welcome. The hotel is situated a little way from Gumbet, not too much of a walk or you can even get a bus right outside the hotel. I would definately visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Always opt to buy Air Conditioning. It is so hot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family