Hotel La Rosa
US$40
Dilek Aparthotel(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
US$31
  • Pool
Nagi Beach Hotel(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$46
  • Breakfast included
Green House Apart Hotel(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$111
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Tropicana Beach Hotel(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
US$503
US$82
  • Pool
Queen Resort Hotel(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$35
US$164
US$156
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshotel entrancesecond homean amazing holidaypool sidemusicbarman
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is a hidden gem on the outskirts of Gumbet. The hotel is spotlessly clean the staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Bilal on reception is so helpful. I can't fault the hotel we have been coming here for eight years and never had a problem so I don't know why anyone would have any negative comments to say about the hotel. Try it and see for youselves and you will have a great holiday

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TINA O
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel is spotless. The gardens and pool are beautiful. The location is excellent with easy dolmas (cheap minibuses that travel all over the Bodrum peninsular) access just nearby. It is in an elevated quiet position away from the club area (although most bars in the town pick you up and bring you back according to some fellow guests who liked a bit of nightlife!). The food is in the Turkish style and is all freshly made on the premises (and you can request alternatives to the day's published menu if you give them notice). The beds are comfortable and the atmosphere is very relaxed.
BUT the best is the friendly staff for whom nothing is too much trouble, and will go out of their way to make your stay memorable. We went on a cheap package but were surprised by the hospitality of Turkish people in and outside the hotel. General tip (for out and about): Try and learn the odd Turkish word before you go as it is appreciated; they will usually speak better English than you can Turkish though.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room looking South which seemed fine. There are a couple of chalets in the garden if you prefer...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had a last minute holiday at the end of June to the Hotel La Rosa, and not having visited Bodrum or Gumbet previously, we were a bit nervous about where the hotel would be located.
We arrived in the early hours and so had to wait until next morning to find out where we were and what the hotel was like.
We loved the hotel and thought that it was ideally located as it was away from the busy area of Gumbet, but near enough to walkabout when we wanted the bars and restaurants. It was also in an elevated position and so had a slight breeze most of the time, cooling the outside.area, making it much more pleasant.
We really enjoyed our stay at the La Rosa, the staff were efficient and friendly, and we consider that we had a bargain last minute holiday.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Marilyn L
Reviewed 5 October 2013

La Rosa is a lovely hotel and I have very little negatives about it. I found the staff to be very friendly and very helpful, especially those at reception who spoke very good english and were able to advise on directions etc. The food was basic, it was not horrible or unedible but at the same time not delicious, you get what you pay for! A three course meal was served every night, soup being the common starter served with bread followed by mains of beef, chicken, spag bol etc. The staff were very obliging to anyone wishing to change their main course as long as you let them know before 12pm.

The hotel in general is very quiet (which is what we wanted) particularly at night. The hotel itself is perhaps not in the best location as it is situated away from any touristy things. If you turn right as you come out of the hotel and walk down the hill, there is a local shop and a few cafes, this is also a common pick-up point if you are going on any planned excursions. My friend and I felt quite uncomfortable walking to the shop as we felt like we were in a residential area and everyone was staring at us as if they had never seen a tourist before!! So after the 1st time we opted for a 3L taxi instead! The hill also isn't as bad as people make it out to be, even in the heat it wans't much of a struggle.

Nothing bad to say about the rooms, and the mosque really isn't that bad! It didn't wake me up once!

I would reccommend keeping some GBP currency as Thomas Cook accept it when paying for excursions as do the guys on the market stalls. I wish I had know this before I went as I think you get a better deal paying in pounds.

Would 100% reccommend the Jeep Safari! We had an absolutely brilliant day out and it's a great way to see some of the sights. The trip to Turkatrez Market was also good!

Overall it's a very good hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Robyn A
Reviewed 1 October 2013

La rose hotel

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE HONEST PERSONAL OPINION OF LA ROSA AND WHAT IT HAS TO OFFER

Hotel grounds - absolutely beautiful this hotel does not have enough credit for this all these little touches they offer are amazing for an official 2 and a half star hotel it is just lovely. Lots of little areas to relax and chill in the shade and also at night to be comfortable.

Room - very basic but more than enough shower/bathroom / single or double beds/balcony or terrace. Our room was cleaned very often every day unless you were sleeping etc. sheets and towels changed every two days but the hotel is only contracted to do it twice per week so they go that extra way to make your stay more comfortable. No fridge - they say this is due to ants etc which is bit frustrating as you can't buy water and take it to the room or your not allowed to bring stuff into your room which the hotel may not realise if your paying for a service you pay for that room for two weeks and expect to be able to buy stuff outside the hotel that the hotel don't even offer it shouldn't be a problem.

Staff - very friendly and polite will do anything to help plead guests also very useful for telling you where to go arranging transport. The owner himself is very friendly and lovely and bilial hotel manager friendly, helpful and useful.

Food -breakfast is standard, you are in turkey and they offer a full Turkish breakfast a few choices of bread selections tomatoes cucumber meat cheese and two different types of feta cheese jams and honey. Tea coffee and juice and always a selection off warm english food eggy bread boiled eggs scrambled egg sausages there is always two a day but changes every day or every couple. Four different types of cereal. Oats cornflakes 2 different chocolate types. Evening meals aren't great but if you don't like what is on the menu you can ask for it to be changed. We were bed and breakfast only at the meal once but was not awful but not great either so for 25 lira each it is quite expensive how horrible it sounds but its better to eat out as you can get an amazing meal for roughly 20 lira. Bar food for lunch is quite nice we'll the stuff I had anyway herby chips are lovely and bruschetta and soup. Some things are quite pricey on there but yet again it's a hotel so it's kind of expected. One thing that was quite annoying was water was expensive compare to shops etc but then again that is most properly the only way to make there money to be fair. Water was same in all restaurants etc.

Location - as stated in most reviews location is a little out of gumbet town centre about a 15/20 minute walk depending on your speed of walking. But near the hotel are a few shops hairdressers Internet cafe supermarket a cafe there is a little around it is a nice walk down but I would recommend getting a taxi back. If you eat out most restaurants offer free taxi service to pick up only. Which is great! Annalivia's divers garden the royal are lovely restaurants food and service amazing all offering free taxi service, which actually baffles me from a business point of view but not going to complain.

Hotel entertainment - the hotel offer a Turkish belly dance and snake show once per week but they also put on karaoke, the hotel can kind of be what you want it to be if you want to make your evening entertains then you can and the hotel are more than happy to assist with this. Most nights karaoke were on and people always singing on it. As the hotel is quite small everyone seems to be friendly and get along which is great and the more people for entertainment the better. I recommend the hotel to do a BBQ night as I think that would be very popular and many people would certainly turn up.

Overall experience - I give this hotel massive credit and I am going to rate it high not because it is a luxury 5 star hotel but because it is an amazing hotel for the price you pay. The owner the staff everyone does an amazing job and they really deserve credit and should be proud and I wish people with there expectations to high would not give the hotel there service if all they want to do is complain/fault because it is a standard hotel if you want 5 star you must pay and surely everyone knows that? But I generally couldn't find a fault that is worth making a fuss or writing about so well done to la rosa for impressing us. And I would just like to add I have travelled to 5 star hotels in England and Europe and I am quite particular but for a good reasonable price I would stay her again!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple