“hotel la rosa, gumbet”
Review of Hotel La Rosa

Hotel La Rosa
Ranked #27 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 29 June 2014

9th june 2014. we have just had a great stay at this lovely hotel. for the price we paid it was a bargain. staff could not be more helpful, rooms always clean, food great, gardens and pool lovely.a great base for holidaying in this area. we made many friends and loved the place. only gripe, the over firm mattress. lorenzo and tina.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lor54

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Lovely, beautiful hotel .. short walk to the beach and local town centre waiters are lovely and polite and clean tidy and smart in appearence, pool is lovely and views are lovely rooms are definately higher than a 3 star standard and food is amazing! The only thing i would say that lets this hotel down is the barman ilyas is inapropriate, rude and full on

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank bubkiss
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a nice attractive little hotel, good value for money, very clean. We were half board, the evening meals were what you expect on this kind of booking, nothing to write home about but more than adequate. The maid service was excellent every day and the staff were always helpful and friendly.
Just a few annoying niggles about the hotel. On arrival there was no soap in the shower room and nothing to sit on in the room besides the bed. I thought it was an oversight so I asked the manager but he told me that there is no soap supplied and no chair of any description. The only place to put any rubbish was a tiny flip top bin in the shower which meant the usual plastic bags around the room for rubbish. We had a room with a small veranda overlooking the pool/bar area but we couldnt really use it because there was nothing to sit on. Another problem was that there was no free WiFi in the hotel. When I asked how much it was I was told 10 Euros for 1 day which is waaaay over the top. Most hotels have free WiFi these days and just about every bar and restaurant in Gumbet had free WiFi. So easy to keep in touch with friends and relations back home when you have internet access. What this actually meant for the hotel was that people would leave the hotel to get connected which made for a very quiet hotel at night with few people in the bar etc spending money. We just took the tablet down to one of the many bars and had a good time there. It`s the little things ;) The Aircon is £4 a day which was needed towards the end of the holiday as it was very hot.

In conclusion, a nice quiet well appointed attractive hotel with a few niggles which wouldn`t have cost much to put right, especially a bit of soap in the bathroom ;)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RobJones555
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I decided to take a holiday on my own. I'd been to Turkey before. I booked this through a travel agent and was not disappointed. The staff were all superb. They really made me feel welcome and by the time I left I felt like I was part of their "family". The room was clean and tidy. The cleaning staff changed the towels every other day. The room was left with towels made into swans and flowers were left on my bed. I was in the room right next to reception which was a little noisy at times but I soon got used to it. My room overlooked the outside bar and pool area, which was a fantastic view. There is a shower in the room, the only issue here is that the water is heated by solar panel, I could not have a shower the first morning because the water was too cold, due to it being overcast. However, I waited until later in the day and then the water was piping hot. This is a common theme in Turkey and was not the fault of the hotel.
I stayed at the hotel on a half board basis. The breakfast was a standard continental breakfast: breads, cheeses, salad, salami. There was always eggs and cereal available. The hotel does not serve an English cooked breakfast but there were plenty of restaurants where you could get this for about 10 TL which is less than £3. The hotel has an al a carte menu at all times of the day. The prices are very similar to other restaurants in the area. Only one of the meals I did not enjoy and that was spaghetti in tomato sauce on the Monday evening. It was a bit bland for me. Other than that the food was very good, and was always 3 courses. If you prefer something a bit more up market, there are some fantastic restaurants in the area. The most expensive meal I had out was 47 TL which is about £13.50 and was out of this world. I went to the hotel in early to mid June, and it was very quiet, only about 25 guests. This meant as a lone traveller, I was able to talk to all the people staying at the hotel. I met some fantastic people in the hotel who go to Hotel La Rosa every year. This was quite possibly the best holiday I have ever had, and this was down to the staff and the people staying in the hotel. I enjoyed the holiday so much that I ended up stayed for 4 additional days and had a return flight for only £55. Every single member of staff in the hotel are friendly. Some of the staff have better English than others, however this was not a problem as I used a translator on my mobile phone. The hotel has wifi and charges 10 TL (less than £3) per 24 hours. If you prefer not to pay this, most of the bars and restaurants in Gumbet have free wifi. The hotel is about a 15 - 20 minute walk to the beach, all down hill. If you are fit and active the journey back up to the hotel will not be a problem (it is up hill). I am from Wales so the hill was no problem for me. However, some of the older guests chose to get a taxi back to the hotel for 10TL. The Hotel plays music until about 3am, if you are a light sleep take ear plugs or alternatively ask the staff to turn the music down and they will.
Gumbet centre is very lively in the night, there are bars and clubs for everyone. Quieter ones and busier ones. The staff in the clubs are also really friendly. When walking through Gumbet, the shop keepers will try to entice you in to look. They are all very friendly and you can haggle for a good price. Bodrum is only a short bus journey away from the Hotel. If you ask the staff they will tell you where to get the bus. It is about 3TL. The cocktails in the majority of the bars/restaurants are watered down, and give you a cracking headache in the morning. So try to stick to beer. Wherever you go in Gumbet, the people are very relaxed, they have a slower pace of life than in the UK, so service can sometimes be slow. This is a common theme across Turkey, but was not an issue in the hotel.
Overall, this hotel was fantastic, the staff were fantastic, the food was good. I intend to go back later in the year.

Room Tip: Avoid reception area rooms if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
12  Thank Debbie N
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What can I say about la rosa??? We have been coming for 8 years now and are never disappointed with the hotel, service and cleanliness. The staff are always so welcoming and friendly, nothing is too much trouble for any of them from bilal on reception , deniz the night porter and Iilyas on the bar. The rooms are spotlessly clean and our sheets and towels were changed 3 times during our weekly stay!!!! So I can't see any faults with this hotel, I think people who have any negative comments expect too much and should probably be better off in 5 star hotel and leave this little gem of a hotel to the people that appreciate it!!!!! Looking forward to returning next year....

Room Tip: Room 206 is huge!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank Sara Jane T
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is a hidden gem on the outskirts of Gumbet. The hotel is spotlessly clean the staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Bilal on reception is so helpful. I can't fault the hotel we have been coming here for eight years and never had a problem so I don't know why anyone would have any negative comments to say about the hotel. Try it and see for youselves and you will have a great holiday

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TINA O
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel is spotless. The gardens and pool are beautiful. The location is excellent with easy dolmas (cheap minibuses that travel all over the Bodrum peninsular) access just nearby. It is in an elevated quiet position away from the club area (although most bars in the town pick you up and bring you back according to some fellow guests who liked a bit of nightlife!). The food is in the Turkish style and is all freshly made on the premises (and you can request alternatives to the day's published menu if you give them notice). The beds are comfortable and the atmosphere is very relaxed.
BUT the best is the friendly staff for whom nothing is too much trouble, and will go out of their way to make your stay memorable. We went on a cheap package but were surprised by the hospitality of Turkish people in and outside the hotel. General tip (for out and about): Try and learn the odd Turkish word before you go as it is appreciated; they will usually speak better English than you can Turkish though.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room looking South which seemed fine. There are a couple of chalets in the gard...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple