Hotel La Rosa
Shark Club(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$34
Very Good 4/5
Queen Resort Hotel(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
US$27
Hotel Serpina(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
US$37
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshotel entrancesecond homean amazing holidaypool sidemusicbarman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Me and my family stayed at hotel la rosa for two weeks and I would first like to start by saying the people working there are amazing kind and so thoughtful,when I first stepped foot in the hotel I thought it very small however very cute....the outside section of the hotel was so beautiful you had perfect spots to take loads of beautiful pictures...the first 5 days were a big struggle to stay there I have to be honest I've never been to a hotel without any shampoo or condition to wash my hair with I also didn't like the way the hair dryer kept stopping after every 10 mins.....also I think the furniture in the rooms need to be renewed ASAP as they would get a lot of more customers if the rooms was more modern as I didn't feel comfortable too much as an 18 year old I think a hotel should be a comfortable place for all ages! Last but not least I disliked very much how we couldn't bring our own food near the pool I think this hotel had too many rules....the owner needs too calm down with the rules as it would be a much funner place no need for this stupid rule it's not cool....However I must say I've met some cool waiters such as celal and seref we will be staying in touch :)) also the receptionists was very polite and would help us with anything we need help with. One last thing I would like to mention is the food ....I'm half Turkish and very proud however I thought going to Turkey I would eat loads of Turkish food I have never tried before overall I did come to turkey, it would have been a great experience but sadly it was like normal food I eat in London not traditional at all my sister also was very disipointed as she was so looking forward too eating patlican, they need to change the fixed menu the food was horrible. Overall I got used to hotel la rosa after a week and the location was also just perfect I loved how you could call the taxi any time from the hotel and it would come on time ....we stayed in rooms 109 and 108 and they were very big and able to move about in especially that I have a 1 year old niece called Leyla she was very happy on this holiday as everyone would show her loads of love and attention...especially celal and seref! They loved her and she loved them back...would I recommend this hotel to my friends? Maybe yes as you do get used to the down sides and small swimming pool however I enjoyed my holiday. Would I come here again? If they make some improvement yes! Thank you to everyone working there to the waiters, cleaners and receptionist for making my holiday as good as it would be thank you so much!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Oben S
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed in Hotel La Rosa as a family for two weeks,
Was the best holiday I've had, the staff are all very helpful especially Celal And Seref, they were very kind and helpful with my one year old baby Leyla, they helped a lot with the babies needs such as hot water for babies milk and help with the babies pushchair to get up and down the stairs, they played a lot with leyla. I love Celal and Seref very friendly hard working guys.
Hotel was clean and tidy, cleaners were also very nice to us very friendly people. The reception guy bilal was very nice aswell he helped a lot when I asked for food to come earlier for the baby and he sent it up to my room which is not usually allowed.
Beautiful hotel with plenty garden around lots of sitting areas. Hotel has tortoises in the gardens. Situated close to bodrum night clubs and shoos. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel is they didn't have any shampoo or shower gel in the rooms and wasn't aloud to bring water to the pool area bought from outside. The breakfast was very nice with lots of choices but unfortunately dinner was not the best , that I think needs to be improved overall had a very nice stay very happy :))
Pinar Evangelou

Room Tip: Spacious rooms downstairs with big balconys
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Pinar E
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at La Rosa for 7 nights from 14th July to the 21st July. It's situated in Gumbet which is next to Bodrum, and is in the quieter area of Gumbet, away from Bar Street. There are cheap supermarkets nearby, and only 15 minutes walk away from the beach. For the price of £360 each that we had paid as a package holiday with Thomas Cook, it was fantastic value for money.

The receptionists were brilliant (can't remember their names, sorry!). There were two of them, and they worked 12 hours each - the one who had the day time shift was particularly kind and offered to help wherever you needed it. Both had brilliant manners too. When we first arrived at the hotel after being dropped off by our transfer coach, we were given a free sandwich and fruit in case we were hungry, and had our suitcases carried to our rooms, as they assumed we were tired. On your day of departure (sadly), if you have a late flight time like we did, they offered to look after you suitcases if you had to check out of your room in the morning. Note: if you want to, you can pay £20 to keep your room for the rest of the day.

Dinner time was okay. The food was a bit odd at first, for example, one night we were given cous cous, chips, chicken (all okay so far...) and then had battered celery as the 'vegetables'. We got used to the odd bits and pieces on side and overall the food was nice. The chicken casserole I had was the best meal of the 7 nights. As half board, you are given a soup, the choice between two meals and a dessert (and you need to let them know by 12pm).

What, however, let dinner time down was the waiting service. Dinner time - we were told - started at 7pm and finished at 9.30pm. We would sit down at 7 and be the only people there, yet there would be 3-4 waiters standing around having a laugh whilst being fully aware we were waiting to order drinks. Most nights we would have to wait 10 minutes before they bothered to get the menu for us, and even then, they didn't say anything to you. I found that they were lazy - maybe this was a 'extra money' sort of job for them, but for me this was my holiday. We began to wonder by the fourth day if it was just us - other families complained about them for the same problem, and they received a grilling from the manager, and one waiter was asked to leave for a week because he rolled his eyes at a lady who had been waiting 20 minutes to have her plate taken away. Several times would every waiter see your clear plates and walk past, and continue to chat to fellow waiters. It became frustrating. On a positive note, Ilios (the bar man), was hilarious - had a great sense of humour and made an effort to get to know you.

Breakfast was (putting it one way) bog standard - I stuck with cereal for the whole time I was there. You're given a choice of bread (to toast) with jam, butter and chocolate spread, odd-looking scrambled egg with variations such as potato. The only cold drink offered is orange juice. Tea is also available. Oh, and olives...

Cleanliness. Some of the reviews I have read before writing this have said that the maid was lovely and chatty. I must have had a different one. When I did meet her once, she spoke to me in Turkish and seemed annoyed when I didn't understand what she said to me. I had to guess and assumed she wanted to change our beds and bins. When she visited while we weren't in our room, one time, she had spilled neon pink nail varnish all over my clothes until it was empty - and didn't clean it up or let me know. So I had to bin it. We only had our towels changed once all week, and that was after asking.

Had no problem with bugs all week, the furnishing looked modern and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. The bathroom I was very impressed with, had enough space. The shower is like a cubicle and had a curtain as well so the whole area doesn't get soaked. We had room 101 which is situated pretty much next to reception. Great view of the pool and a balcony too! The room has plenty of space as well. It isn't noisy at night time either, unless you dislike the sound of karaoke - which I personally found quite entertaining. We didn't use the air con throughout the stay, this was because it cost £4 a day to use. As long as we left the door leading to the balcony slightly open, it was cool enough in there.

I loved the pool area. The pool is well maintained and overlooked by several staff. The pool was clean, and was surrounded by palm trees. There is a separate pool that was lovely and warm, like a Jacuzzi - although I think it was for children, judging by how shallow it was. The main pool is a bit cold, but was refreshing alongside the 35+ degree heat - there are also a few parasols if you wanted shade. If you wanted to order food, you could have it brought to you if you wanted, although there is plenty of seating with tables near the bar area.

Room Tip: If you only have an option for twin rooms if you wanted a double, you can push the beds together. The staff had no problem with it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Katie B
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Visited la rosa for 12 nights, it was absolutly fantastic. We had 4 generations of family from 9 to 70 and all the family really enjoyed. We had rooms 208, 209 and 212 they have been refurbished and the cleaners are fantastic and do a great job. We were just b+b had buffet breakfast, which is turkish breakfast, with a choice of eggs, bread, hams, cheese, jams and cereal. The young lads that work at breakfast are very friendly and do a great job hakan, celal and serif are fab. We had lunch at the hotel a number of times foods good and again service is fab. Pool area is lush and service from the bar is again really good, sinan and illyas are good lads and fab with kids. Some bad review about them on here which is inappropriate considering how some people speak to the staff is disgusting. If you give them attention expect it back. They work hard and are great lads. Receptions is great bilal and deniz thanks for everything and dogan the owner is amazing thank you for all the fab memories you have let my family have at your hotel. The hotel is in a great location just 10 mins from gumbet walking or 10 lira in a taxi and only 10 minutes on dolmus to bodrum for 3 lira pp. Any questions message me as iv been to this hotel on a few occasions :) best hotel in bodrum with the best staff

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank sophie907
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Just got back from our 2 weeks at the La Rosa and what can i say, Room was lovely with a pool view, staff was excellent very good English and did everything they could to make our stay perfect. Hotel not too far from Bar Street but far enough for the quiet life. Hotel bar is open until the early hours with Karaoke facilities whenever you want it, even the owner of the hotel enjoyed and joined in with the karaoke lol. Noise from the bar is not heard in your room so you are able sleep. Big thank you to Dennis and Bilar on reception and Sinan and Ilyas at the bar and of course the Karaoke man x

Room Tip: we had room 207 that had a view of the bar and pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple