“Fantastic stay!”

Tropicana Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was mine & my partners first time to turkey we stayed for 10 nights & we loved every minute of it! Tropicana hotel was perfect for us, as soon as we arrived at the hotel the staff greeted us with friendly faces & carried the luggage to our room, we then went straight down to the hotel bar & was made to feel very welcome by the bar staff, our room was on the top floor with the pool view, brilliant music played around the pool through out the day & evening, food was amazing we actually only ate out 3 nights out of the 10 we stayed as the hotel food was so nice & very good price wise! The service from every staff member was superb & they all make you feel like you have been friends with them for years always laughing & joking around with you, which puts you in a happy mood for the day ahead, always happy to help you with anything you need. the location was great Aswell beach straight across the from the hotel steps, gumbet town (bar street & shops) just a short 5 min walk away & if you wanted to go into bodrum the bus stops right outside the hotel which is handy, our overall experience was fantastic & we defiantly will be visiting turkey & the tropicana again in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2014
10  Thank Charliejamie4

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Arrived quite late to the hotel and not having had a proper meal all day, so straight to the bar. Romeo intraduced himself straight away and told us the resturant was closed. Bless him he ordered food for us and it was lovely. Our room was a decent size, double bed and a sofa bed. Very limited kitchen area. A pan , a hot plate..couple of knives and forks..that was really about it. Having been to value Hotels in Turkey before this was expected. Our room was clean and comfortable. Balcony just big enough to sit out and eat. Pool quite deep and the steps arnt gradual so if like me you have short legs beware.
There was never a shortage of sunbeds while we were there and if you are very lucky Rambo will give you a massage while you are laid out. I got one and it was lovely, thankyou Rambo.
The staff really make this hotel a joy, Romeo was fantastic with my old mom who had a crush on him. Everyone had time to see how we were and a big smile on there faces. The hotel has a lovely view of the beach but it looked a bit tatty as it was the last week of the season so we didnt use it, we did however see the cows having a stroll along the beach.
alot of the bars had closed for the season but we found enough open to have a great time. there are plenty of restuarants in Gumbet too. Dolmus to Bodrum was 6tl and we had a good look round that area, takes about 10 mins to get there and Dolmus picks up outside the hotel.
All in all great value for money we had a lovely holiday xx

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank shamazzing
Reviewed 21 December 2013

So we arrived completely shattered from our flight just wanting to relax and start our holiday we had been looking forward to so much. Unfortunately due to the managers incompetence this was not what happened. We had booked a double self catering room and were dumped in a double with no self catering facilities. We asked the reception staff to change our room and he took us to a twin self catering room. We specifically didn't want a twin (i always end up falling down the crack in the middle - very uncomfortable). So we complained again. We were made to feel like moaning English people when actually all we wanted was what we paid for. We were then taken to a dark dungeon room which had no natural light or balcony but had a double bed. But guess what - no self catering facilities. It was getting beyond a joke by this point.

We spoke to the slime ball at reception and he frankly couldn't care less - nothing he could do about it. He booked us an appointment with the manager (he will come find you - how exactly I don't know as he didn't know what we looked like). So we waited by the pool (still not unpacked and feeling a bit miserable) for the illusive manager to some and find us but there was no sign. We went back to Slime ball and he said the manager had come but we weren't there. err... we were!

There was nothing we could do but go back to our room and try and enjoy our holiday. That night all I could hear when I went to bed was crazy frog..bing..bing... from the pool bar... lovely.

We finally saw the manager and he said there was nothing he could do until we asked to move hotels when he decided to offer us free bed and breakfast and would move us in a few days. Not ideal but we did appreciate it. Sorry this has been a bit ranty, I'll sum up the rest of the holiday.

Food:
The rep said 'you can have indian, chinese, american, mexican, fish and chips' etc etc.....so what about traditional Turkish food? not soo much! You'll have to go to the next town! The hotel breakfast was a bit boring but the turkish breakfast grew on us.

Staff:
Most of the staff only talked to the loud chavvy english people and made us feel like we were more of an inconvenience. There was one big guy who was quite funny but sometimes borderline rude.

Resort:
The beach in front isn't very clean - wild dogs peeing up all the trees and some rude man from the hotel perving on the pink chavs. Gumbet in general is more like blackpool but not as clean. All the people are loud northerners. There is nothing interesting in the town. All the shops are the same in Gumbet - holiday tat. We would advise walking over the hill to Bodrum- much prettier, interesting little shops and restaurants and the people don't hassle you constantly like in Gumbet. Bar street was fun one night only because we were wasted from the fishbowl we'd been swindled to buy.

I dont know how this is rated so well- We spoke to several other couples who were not pleased with the hotel. Maybe the manager isnt around much as hes quite busy on trip advisor #justsayin !!

So all in all we wouldn't recommend unless you are a chav, don't mind dirty beaches and like being hassled by people all the time.

Room Tip: You have to keep asking for another room till you finally get one thats ok.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Bryzer85
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed at the Tropicana back in July this year with my boyfriend, my best friend and her boyfriend. I was apprehensive at first because I had read such amazing reviews about the hotel, so I didn't want to be disappointed. The moment we walked in we were greeted with a friendly face, and the hotel manager insisted on taking our huge heavy suitcases up the stairs on his own, even though we really didn't mind doing it ourselves. It was a shame there was an extra cost for air con, but it wasn't worth complaining about as we had to get it: it would have been ridiculous to not as it was 30 degrees plus outside.

The whole week was great, we had fantastic help from our rep who told us about good deals and good places to visit, and the staff were wonderful.

Room was clean and comfortable, though very loud at night and if you wanted an early night then pretty much impossible as the music was so loud. Mind you being 19/20 years old we didn't mind too much! Wouldn't recommend rooms near bar if you're a family though if requested then the staff will do their best to give you a quieter room.

The pool was large and clean, though being that I am only 5ft 1 I couldn't touch the bottom!

The hotel is a great location, within walking distance of Gumbet and the windmills as well if you fancy it. Buses run regularly to basically everywhere and very simple system.

Had a wonderful holiday, and if I ever return to Gumbet I will definitely come back to the Tropicana!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GemmaMidgeyHunt
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I travelled in July this year my 3rd visit, this time was for my 50th birthday with friends and family, what a wonderful time we had the staff are all amazing second to none and made my birthday very special they will go out of there way to help you with anything, they are all very friendly and helpful. The Apartments are great well located with a fantastic pool and the food is wonderful. I would not hesitate in recommending anyone to stay here it is just the vey best in Turkey.
Thank you to all the guys we miss you all.

Room Tip: I prefer the lower level rooms you have great outside space and a little cooler.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Janette13_12
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Have just returned from 10 days at Tropicana Beach, wonderful, best holiday we have had
in along time. Room was clean and cleaner arrived daily with fresh towels Staff were both
friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Rambo was a great character both in
the bar and around the pool. Food at the hotel was lovely Will be looking to go back next year !!
Thank you all. Liz & Mick Lewis

Room Tip: room 308 was ideal
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Liz L
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I flew out to Turkey on 12th October for a last minute sunshine break.

We had previously visited this hotel in 2011 and had enjoyed the quality of the hotel, excellent location and friendly staff who had made our stay so enjoyable last time. I am pleased to say the apartments lived up to our expectations yet again as they are so large with upgraded tv and decent bathroom, really good size balconies and most important they are spotless.

The only downside for me was that their strip of beach wasn't as well looked after as it was on our last visit, however at the end of season and starting to scale down on staff this is completely understandable, just a bit of a shame. We spent our beach days on the other side of the bay at Roy's place. It is worth the walk for well maintained strip of beach, no stones in the water and lovely food at excellent value.

Overall for the price you pay, Tropicana Beach is an absolute bargain and a brilliant place to stay on the quiet edge of gumbet bay within walking distance of beautiful Bodrum (if you don't mind hills) but the convenience of the bus stopping outside. I certainly won't rule out a third stay in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank HayRig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Royal Asarlik Beach
#1 of 98 in Bodrum City
Queen Resort Hotel
Queen Resort Hotel
#12 of 101 in Gumbet

Been to Tropicana Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!