“Lovely”

Ranked #2 of 100 Hotels in Gumbet
Uk
“Lovely”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived home on sunday and was gutted to have left after spending 2 weeks there. One of the best holidays me, my partner and son have had. We met some lovely people everyone was so nice. Engin the photographer was brilliant and worth the money for what we got.
Just be careful if you dont like noise at night dont go to the front of the hotel. We had room 303 perfect for views (amazing should i say) but noise at night wasnt the best our own fault as we picked the room.
I am already looking on holiday sites for next year i will be going back. X

Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Fawny25

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived back from Gumbet a week or so ago. It was my first time to Gumbet and I was sceptical.
I arrived late at night and my friend was already at the hotel bar. Dumped my stuff and joined her. The bar had reasonable prices although, I still don't understand the money.
The pool area was lovely and I rarely had to get up for a drink which was a definite plus for a relaxing holiday.
The rooms were clean and the balconies were cute.
The staff at the hotel did anything they could for you, we even had a romantic table for two arranged for us with flowers and candles even though I was there with my friend from home haha.
Gary Barlow, DJ, Ali G, Romeo and Baris were my favourites.
Will be happy to go back to this hotel, you can't argue about the price and you get more than you pay for.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Naomi C
warrington
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived home yesterday & was really sad to leave, me and my friend stayed for a week here and had the best time. All the staff are fantastic soooo friendly and will do anything for you, shout out to Gary Barlow, Ali G, Baris, DJ & Romeo lovely ppl.
The maids were in the rooms everyday & everywhere was soo clean, the food is good 2, we only actually ate out twice. All in all I would definitely recommend a trip to Tropicana and will definitely be visiting again soon, hopefully sooner rather than later. Xx

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank samantha c
Reviewed 13 May 2014

It was mine & my partners first time in turkey, we only stayed for four days, we went over to spend some time with family who were there for ten days. We arrived at about 11.15pm to a helpful man who carried our luggage (we have only holidayed in spain so were a bit confused at first) he showed us about our room then we tipped him 10 lira. The man on reception was so helpful and ordered us a takeaway as all the food places were shut and we were starving. My family had asked before we arrived if we could have a room next door to them and this is what they gave us. The rooms are not 5 star but they certainly have everything you need & the bed was so comfortable! The room was equipped with cooking rings utensils etc although it is that cheap to eat out we didnt bother cooking in the apartment! The food at the poolside bar was very nice! Recommend the pizza! The two downsides to the hotel are the lack of kids activities and the kids pool IS rubbish, my two young nephews got a bit bored. And the supermarket could have been better, not a lot of choice to choose from. However, We are already looking into coming back in september for my birthday, all in all a very nice place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Danielleliamx
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was mine & my partners first time to turkey we stayed for 10 nights & we loved every minute of it! Tropicana hotel was perfect for us, as soon as we arrived at the hotel the staff greeted us with friendly faces & carried the luggage to our room, we then went straight down to the hotel bar & was made to feel very welcome by the bar staff, our room was on the top floor with the pool view, brilliant music played around the pool through out the day & evening, food was amazing we actually only ate out 3 nights out of the 10 we stayed as the hotel food was so nice & very good price wise! The service from every staff member was superb & they all make you feel like you have been friends with them for years always laughing & joking around with you, which puts you in a happy mood for the day ahead, always happy to help you with anything you need. the location was great Aswell beach straight across the from the hotel steps, gumbet town (bar street & shops) just a short 5 min walk away & if you wanted to go into bodrum the bus stops right outside the hotel which is handy, our overall experience was fantastic & we defiantly will be visiting turkey & the tropicana again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014
10 Thank Charliejamie4
Thirsk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Arrived quite late to the hotel and not having had a proper meal all day, so straight to the bar. Romeo intraduced himself straight away and told us the resturant was closed. Bless him he ordered food for us and it was lovely. Our room was a decent size, double bed and a sofa bed. Very limited kitchen area. A pan , a hot plate..couple of knives and forks..that was really about it. Having been to value Hotels in Turkey before this was expected. Our room was clean and comfortable. Balcony just big enough to sit out and eat. Pool quite deep and the steps arnt gradual so if like me you have short legs beware.
There was never a shortage of sunbeds while we were there and if you are very lucky Rambo will give you a massage while you are laid out. I got one and it was lovely, thankyou Rambo.
The staff really make this hotel a joy, Romeo was fantastic with my old mom who had a crush on him. Everyone had time to see how we were and a big smile on there faces. The hotel has a lovely view of the beach but it looked a bit tatty as it was the last week of the season so we didnt use it, we did however see the cows having a stroll along the beach.
alot of the bars had closed for the season but we found enough open to have a great time. there are plenty of restuarants in Gumbet too. Dolmus to Bodrum was 6tl and we had a good look round that area, takes about 10 mins to get there and Dolmus picks up outside the hotel.
All in all great value for money we had a lovely holiday xx

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank shamazzing
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

So we arrived completely shattered from our flight just wanting to relax and start our holiday we had been looking forward to so much. Unfortunately due to the managers incompetence this was not what happened. We had booked a double self catering room and were dumped in a double with no self catering facilities. We asked the reception staff to change our room and he took us to a twin self catering room. We specifically didn't want a twin (i always end up falling down the crack in the middle - very uncomfortable). So we complained again. We were made to feel like moaning English people when actually all we wanted was what we paid for. We were then taken to a dark dungeon room which had no natural light or balcony but had a double bed. But guess what - no self catering facilities. It was getting beyond a joke by this point.

We spoke to the slime ball at reception and he frankly couldn't care less - nothing he could do about it. He booked us an appointment with the manager (he will come find you - how exactly I don't know as he didn't know what we looked like). So we waited by the pool (still not unpacked and feeling a bit miserable) for the illusive manager to some and find us but there was no sign. We went back to Slime ball and he said the manager had come but we weren't there. err... we were!

There was nothing we could do but go back to our room and try and enjoy our holiday. That night all I could hear when I went to bed was crazy frog..bing..bing... from the pool bar... lovely.

We finally saw the manager and he said there was nothing he could do until we asked to move hotels when he decided to offer us free bed and breakfast and would move us in a few days. Not ideal but we did appreciate it. Sorry this has been a bit ranty, I'll sum up the rest of the holiday.

Food:
The rep said 'you can have indian, chinese, american, mexican, fish and chips' etc etc.....so what about traditional Turkish food? not soo much! You'll have to go to the next town! The hotel breakfast was a bit boring but the turkish breakfast grew on us.

Staff:
Most of the staff only talked to the loud chavvy english people and made us feel like we were more of an inconvenience. There was one big guy who was quite funny but sometimes borderline rude.

Resort:
The beach in front isn't very clean - wild dogs peeing up all the trees and some rude man from the hotel perving on the pink chavs. Gumbet in general is more like blackpool but not as clean. All the people are loud northerners. There is nothing interesting in the town. All the shops are the same in Gumbet - holiday tat. We would advise walking over the hill to Bodrum- much prettier, interesting little shops and restaurants and the people don't hassle you constantly like in Gumbet. Bar street was fun one night only because we were wasted from the fishbowl we'd been swindled to buy.

I dont know how this is rated so well- We spoke to several other couples who were not pleased with the hotel. Maybe the manager isnt around much as hes quite busy on trip advisor #justsayin !!

So all in all we wouldn't recommend unless you are a chav, don't mind dirty beaches and like being hassled by people all the time.

Room Tip: You have to keep asking for another room till you finally get one thats ok.