Tropicana Beach Hotel
Shark Club(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$35
Queen Resort Hotel(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
US$27
Can Hotel(Gumbet)
US$27
Seray Class Apartments(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
US$137
Hotels.com
US$25
US$21
  • Breakfast included
Green House Apart Hotel(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$24
US$79
US$65
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmanager yunisnext yearbar staffturkeygreat holidaybar streetone bedroom apartmentwindy baystray dogsturkish nightmistral bayplenty of sunbedsred dragonfantastic hotelbeach frontgreat funfor making our holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel,
Management and staff were very welcoming,entertainment most evenings.
We were first given lower room 111 too small for us but we're moved after a couple of days to y21 which was great.
We made some great friends during our stay which made our holiday.
Thanks to all the staff at the tropicana for making our holiday one to remember! Special thanks to yunis and murat x
We will be back next year without fail.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nathan S
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Seriously uncomfortable mattress and basic room. They orginally wanted to put me in a room at the back of the hotel. The room had not been cleaned when i arrived. The tell you that they will give you free airconditioning, which involves providing the remote controller!! My room was only changed when i spoke to the manager...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Khan D
tropicanabeach, Manager at Tropicana Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Khan
I am so sorry to hear that situation you had. I do really appologize for that mistake. Sometimes some little cominication mistake mıght come true. So they took you room which was not cleaned yet.
But end then we did change your room straith away and you did not say anythings about your problem even we try to help you always and you know that.

So I am appologize one more times for that mistake.

Kindly regards

Yunis Deniz

Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed with my dad and 4yr old son in a one bed apt. Perfect, enough space and privacy. Rooms again clean and provided with clean linen and towels. Yunis and his team are very friendly and welcoming making the holiday very relaxed and enjoyable. It's our 2nd year at the Tropicana and wont be the last. The only reason I rate 4/5 is we felt the entertainment needs to be earlier. My little boy would have loved to join in but it was all too late. We did try the Turkish night but had to leave half way through due to my son falling asleep at the table :( As Hassan would say 'Not to be missed'

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kerry o
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed at this apartment in May 2014 for 2 weeks. We had booked a self catering studio but when we arrived late at night we were put into a room only apartment. I went back to reception but the nightshift receptionist was not much help to be honest. He asked me to come back in the morning.
When we went back in the morning we were allocated a big 1 bedroom apartment. This was really good because we had only booked a studio. The apartment was very big. We had 2 sofas in the lounge area, a seperate bedroom, a big toilet with a huge shower cubicle and a seperate kitchen.
What I will say is that if you are looking for a quieter room you are best to ask for a room away from the bar because the music play all day till early hours of the morning. Also I would ask for an upper floor because I didn't fancy the rooms on the ground floor. They looked quite dingy. The pool area is very clean. The cleaners are ok. They come every day and do just the basics, which is what you get in any apartment.
We got clean towels every day and the bed linen was changed every 2-3 days.
They have their own beach outside the hotel and it was really nice there. They are next door to the Siesta Beach Apartments. We looked at these apartments as well but went for the Tropicana based on the tripadvisor reviews.
The apartment is not right in the heart of Gumbet but it is easily reached by a 10-15 minute walk. We preferred to be away from the main drag to be honest.
The hotel holds a few entertainment nights e.g. Turkish night, breakdancers, karaoke.
The dolmus runs right outside the hotel to Bodrum and brings you right back outside again - all for 3 lira each way.
We had a really nice enjoyable stay here.

Room Tip: Upper room away from bar
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kazzakat73
Reviewed 8 July 2014

As hotels go this one is pretty good, but to my mind after working in the travel industry for over thirty years failed in certain quarters. I don't know where the previous person stayed as my towels and sheets were only changed twice a week as per the notice in my room. Also the cleaning standard could have been better as my wash hand basin and surround was not cleaned the whole time i was there. The lower ground garden rooms are nice and large but do get hot and I felt that to ask £25 a week for air con to be rather expensive. Yes the staff were friendly and Murat did a very good job in keeping the beach clean and tidy.So if you want a good hotel not far from town all though their are a number of hills to climb to get into town your enjoy it. The Dolmus does stop outside though.

Room Tip: quiet rooms are the garden rooms of the hotel as i said if you don't mind paying for air con
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo