“Fantastic Holiday”
Review of Orange Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gumbet
Orange Apartments
Ranked #42 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 11 July 2014

What can I say. You read the reviews and think nothing could be this good. Well it was and better. Tony has to be the best host nothing is too much trouble. The apartments are spacious and clean, the pool very clean. Met some great people. Wish my stay could have been longer.
Julie Alan Tori Lucy

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 64jules64

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Never been to Turkey before. Orange Apts great place for a base to explore further afield. Tony has to be the best host I've ever encountered. Met some wonderful folk & had a great time. The apartments are large & I benefitted by being in a ground floor apt as it stayed cool.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank jeanglab
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just back from these brilliant apartments and couldnt wait to come on and praise tony for making our holiday 1 to remember.From the moment you step inside the gates you are made to feel welcome,how he can remember everybodys names i dont know,but nothing is too much trouble for him.Such a knowledgeable guy and a positive outlook on life that puts many to shame.Clean apartments,basic cooking utensils,and a lovely pool with a sunbed for everyone so no need for rushing in the morning.The sun hits the pool from early morning till about 7 at night,though it was still warm lying there in the shade till all hours.Because theres only 12 apartments you do get to know everyone and the group of people who were there during our stay were hilarious,especially the banter going on between gavin,mick and alan.Wouldnt take kids with me here as theres not a lot for them to do.Air conditioning is a must costing £10.About a 10 min walk to restaurants/bars where the average price for a breakfast was 7 lira,pint of efes 8 lira..spirits were expensive so buy at duty free or on plane where u were getting 2 litres standard vodka for £22.Bit of a pain in the bahooky the haggling side of it mind you..they wont just give u a price for 1 item..make you pick others then try to hit you with extortionate prices..but overall seemed to be 2 good polo tshirts for £10...4 not so good quality for £10...kids football strips 2 for £15.The dolmus runs along the main street into bodrum every 5 mins costing 3 lira pp...and drops you off at bar st back in gumbet , a ride not to be missed lol.Free wifi nearly everywhere,just ask for password.All in all a brilliant holiday and cant wait to go back

Room Tip: middle or top rooms are best,bottom ones are below ground level.Set air conditioning for 21 deg..i t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just returned from a week staying in the Orange Apartments , Gumbet. Given that the accommodation is only 3 star I was curious to see why it has received so many rave reviews. The answer is simple- Tony,the manager,who is quite simply one of the nicest, friendliest, most helpful people I have met . The accommodation itself is basic but reasonably clean although more towels would have been appreciated. Only one other room was occupied while we were there so the pool area was wonderfully peaceful. No need to get up early to claim a lounger! Gumbet itself was surprisingly quiet. I know we are still in May but I would have thought more people would have been attracted by the weather and low prices. I have been to Turkey 3 times and this was my least favourite resort so we won't return which is a pity as I doubt if we will find another Tony!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fiona E
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is our second stay at Orange (first Oct11), An excellent base to explore Gumbet.
We came with Jet2 this year and encountered no problems whatsoever. Tony who runs this place is an absolute darling, nothing is too much trouble and he will go above and beyond to make you enjoy your stay. The accomodation is quite basic but please don't let this put you off, the shower is excellent and so is the fridge, rooms are very clean and the cleaners are on site every day. It is a small complex (12 rooms) so you get to know everyone almost straight away, pool is not the biggest but it is spotlessly clean. This is a safe and clean environment all round and a very friendly resort, not really geared up for kids but a nice quiet haven for adults.

Room Tip: Room number 6
1  Thank poosticks78
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I and my partner have just returned from a one week stay at the orange apartments.
I have to say that we had a great week ,TONY the manager cannot do enough for you, lovely Turkish man and great fun .

The apartments are very clean , there are only twelve of them and a lovely pool, nice and compact with a family atmosphere, we will definetley be going there again we went with jet2 and it has been great value for money holiday.

The beach is not that far away and gumbet has a gorgeous beach and bodrum you can even walk to, the buses are every ten mins and dont stop running until 3am in the morning .

If you love this area and want apartments then you cannot do better than the orange apts ..

Room Tip: all apartments overlook the pool which is very nice , the balconies are designed that you will be ab...
4  Thank anni2700
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We arrived May 1st - the apartments were very quiet, only to find that the reason for this is that we arrived on the first night and there first time with our holiday agents, they changed there client after 8 years with same company....on first inspection ( our noses) the room was clean no dampness, it smelt fresh, it had a good shower, decent fridge that kept food cold... Bedroom was spacious with two good beds that were comfy, and air con to keep you nice and cool, so pretty decent really most people will be happy I think.

During the night it's very quiet just the odd faint cockerels, which can disturb if your a light sleeper,
However I found them a sleep aid once I got used to them, however I do emphasis faint....

The staff here were pretty decent always helped when they could, they didn't have much to do as there were only 3 customers to deal with, I'm hoping it picks up for them as it's a nice apartment, there a lot worse places to stay and cost more too...

On the whole.. A good budget style no frills apartment hotel ..... With a 4 star swimming pool, you won't go wrong although I wouldn't bring the kids.".. It's not geared for kids..in my opinion... As there are no amenities that kids want...but if you just want a quiet holiday then you must try this hotel.... It's nice and cheap me and the mrs will stay here again for sure....

Room Tip: All one bedrooms apartments with some steep staircases
2  Thank Simon C