“Oh dear...”

and 1 more site!
Peda Gumbet Holiday Beach
Ranked #17 of 28 Speciality Lodging in Gumbet
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

The only good thing was the staff. Please pay that little bit extra for a decent hotel. The food is dire and the drinks were watered down. Fawlty towers would even be ashamed. I'll be writing to cosmos (who we never once saw)

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank lisa_ayse

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were booked all inclusive holiday for this hotel , but as soon as reached the hotel in th e middle of the night, it was Awful hotel . This hotel doesn't display any rating ( and when asked receptionist was unable to show me one ) as we were told it is a 4 * hotel. hundred of dirty stairs , webs , moths, Rooms wihtout windows( Promo room), rooms with Aluminium framed doors , Doors with broken locks ,Carpets with visible dust on them ,broken alchohal bottles lying around . This was the picture in first ten mins.
Couldn't even think of staying there , left staright away , looked for another 5 * hotel, ended up paying £400 .
So my advise "not to book " but if you want to ignore the bad reviews , get ready to pay some good amount of money .

Also found another young couple who was victim of this hotel but they couldn't afford to change hotel so were stuck ... it was SAD.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Punji2013
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Couldn't wait to get back home. First time ever booked all inclusive, never again. Not catered for the British holidaymaker. Alcohol drinks available, a choice of watered down beer, gin & vodka. No diet drinks & hot drinks very limited. Food, well I've had better school dinners. Wouldn't call it a resturant, more like a cafeteria, where non british holidaymakers would push & shove for the food. If you like salad for breakfast, lunch & dinner you won't starve! Rooms small, no decent TV channels & no hot water.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a view or at least a window
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sue W
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Room was awful, no hot water, 2 small single beds and very small. Breakfast was awful, not even cups to put tea in. We arrived at about 10.30 and could not get a drink as they stopped serving. Luckily when we complained, it turned out we were at the wrong hotel-what a relief! Would not recommend it to anyone, one night was enough..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Claire C
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have absolutely nothing good to say about this hotel! The whole building and furniture are falling apart, the hotel is too old and too dirty, the WORSE MANAGEMENT of a hotel you can imagine, BAD food every day, only salad, chips, pasta and processed meat (all taste of nothing) is served at meal times! From the bar you are only permitted to order 2 drinks at a time. So if you are 6 people at the same table and you want to get drinks for your friends and family you have to visit the bar 3 times! No diet drinks available. Table clothes were never changed and tables were never wiped during our stay at this hotel, so be prepared to find human hair, food and drink stains at tables each meal times! The sea is too far down the steep hill, with many many steps to climb on the way back up to the hotel. You will feel like you are doing a mountain climbing each day!
When arrived to the Gumbet Holiday Beach on the 6 September 2013, receptionists (there were 2) were very rude and treated us with complete disrespect. We had booked 3 rooms at this hotel and they wanted to give us rooms all far a part from each other, so we had to stand there and argue the fact that we are a family of 8 with kids and wanted to be able to stay close to each other. After a big struggle an argument lasting 1 hour they were able to find rooms which were close to each other.
On the way to our rooms the door man who was helping us to carry our luggage ended up braking the pull out handle on my suitcase. I went to the reception again with my broken suitcase and asked them if they will be taking the responsibility of the repairs. A guy called himself a manager (Ali Dincer) was extremely rude to me and in front of everyone he shouted and said this is just an accident and his hotel can not be held responsible for this incident. He said he will no way help me with the repairs. Following day I spoke to the General Manager of the hotel and he was even more rude, he did not even want to acknowledge me, he said he had already heard about my broken suitcase and I should not make a big deal about this! Later I heard that they had asked the door man to pay me some money to replace the luggage. Of course I did not want to take money from a poor guy who was only paid a minimum wage and abused by the management who saw themselves as god there…
They served the same food almost everyday. Only thing you may find decent enough to eat is salad with bread. Do not ever expect a normal meat to be served at this hotel. We spoke to many people staying at this hotel and they were all as disappointed as we were with the management of the hotel, the hygiene level, the food that is served as meals and even drinks.

I can promise you that you will feel like you have wasted your money and most importantly your precious well earned holiday days if you choose this hotel. Over all I give ZERO points to the Gumbet Holiday Beach Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Aysegul C
Reviewed 15 September 2013

... consider booking a holiday at this hotel. We have been travelling and staying in Turkey for the past 15 years and this is the most dirty, unfriendly place to stay.

ROOM
On our arrival we were taken to our room, instantly we were hit with a horrendous smell coming out of the bathroom from the drains - when we looked in the bathroom it was filthy. As it was late when we got there I could not use the bathroom therefore I went and bought some bleach and a scrubing brush and cleaned the bathroom! As we cleaned behind the toilet with the shower small black creatures (looked like very small leeches) came from around the toilet, it was totally disgusting. The walls were painted in cream paint and it looked like blood was smeared on the wall, the tiles were cracked on the floor, and we found out at 7am in the morning that we were directly opposite the outside of the restaurant and when you opened the curtain you were greeted with staff cooking breakfast!! We decided in the morning to ask for another room I explained the problems and the manager said clean the bathroom - we insisted to be moved to another room. There was no concern the staff were not sorry about what we had found at all, they were very used to the complaints as it happened on a daily basis. We were given another room which was not much better but at least it did not smell.

FOOD
Horrendous - we booked all inclusive and we ate there on 3 occasions as it was that bad.

The hotel was described to be on the Beech yes it was after you went down 500 steps!! then when you got to the bottom the piece of beech allocated for our hotel was no bigger than my living room. the pool areas was busy everyday and most people staying in the hotel could not get space or a sun lounger. No entertainment, service rubbish.

Please please please listen to this review it is totally 100% true. Spoilt our holiday in a beautiful country.

Room Tip: no good rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rezina S
Reviewed 6 September 2013

the hotel is good and i was really suprise as well how good is .stuff was frendly and polite also drink i wasnt accept likethat was good .i went there with my wife and i would like to go back again .good choice for couple and youngest people.not very far from centre and bar street its good .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple