“Nightmare Apartments/Horrible Staff!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID”

Bodrum Nova Suites Hotel -All Inclusive
Ranked #40 of 98 Hotels in Gumbet
“Nightmare Apartments/Horrible Staff!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Myself and husband booked an apartment here along with 3 other couples, firstly we arrived at reception and waited 30mins before we were greeted by a rather rude member of staff who informed us that only 3 apartments were available as there had been some sort of "mix up", so we had to sleep on our friends sofa in their apartment for the night and that he'd try and sort something out the following afternoon!!! With no apoligy or 1 nights refund!!!! So we were taken to our apartments, NONE contained any working safes (we were told to hide our valuables by the "helpful" staff member!!!) which we weren't very happy about. The next day we asked if we could move rooms as they were riddled with mould and the door locks were unpredictable and we had a real issue with safety as people were just coming and going whenever they wanted and no safes in the apartments, plus we were still 1 apartment short, we were greeted by the same useless arrogant member of staff as the night before, he said (whilst LAUGHING in our faces) he couldn't move us and that the apartment still wasn't ready, so we told him we were going to find somewhere else to stay and his reply was simply "ok bye then!!!" 3 days into our holiday when we were just starting to relax and enjoy our new accommodation (Jasmin Beach Hotel) we were informed by the bank that Nova had taken 4 seperate transactions out from the card we were told to leave as a deposit when reserving our apartments!! They have NO intention on refunding us our money either!!!! It's an absolute joke, how they can get away with this is shocking! PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Zxccv

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Ok let’s start with the good things as the bad will take me a while to explain:

- Location: Amazing – it’s so good you don’t even need cabs! Loads of nearby place to eat and the Gumbet beach is not far at all!
- Free Wi-Fi – not exactly your usual BT fibre optic connection but it does the job I guess
- The cleaning team were great and we always had clean towels etc.
- The gym is nice (but I must mention that it does not have air conditioning and it was 35 degrees during the day when I was there)…I guess working out naked was the best way to tackle that problem!
- Clean Pool and nice pool area
- Breakfast - NIIICE

Bad things

So we arrived very late (1am) to Nova Apart Hotel and waited in the reception area for almost an hour. We then decided to walk to a nearby shop and ask if someone could help us as we were waiting and there was no one at the reception. After almost an hour the so called ‘Hotel Manager’ had arrived with a less than pleased look. Perhaps we distracted his incredibly busy schedule at 1am, only he knows!

We had booked two apartments (paid for a month back) but was then told at the time by the ‘Hotel Manager’ that he can only give us one room. An Apartment contained one double bed and two lousy, uncomfortable hard sofas. An Apartment also contained a small miniature wardrobe which in the UK would probably be used as my gym wardrobe. How a ‘Hotel Manager’ can even suggest that four grown men can share an apartment and store all our belongings in such limited space was beyond me.
We were not pleased with this at all and the only suggestion or solution the ‘Hotel Manager’ had for us was “I can refund you the money and you can look for a hotel/apartment elsewhere in Bodrum”

My thoughts immediately: “yes because I would love to stroll around in a place I don’t know at 1am looking for rooms, wow what a bright idea”…..THEEEEE MOST BIZZARE SUGGESTION I HAD EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE! I did not even know what to say to that!
I paid for two apartments I replied…he then said “sorry there was a mix up and now the second apartment has been given to someone else”….He said ‘sorry’ therefore surely that makes everything ok!

Anyways, after all this hoo-haa and debating or “begging” shall I say (although WE WERE THE CUSTOMERS) he had provided us with two apartments…Hey guess what, ONE NIGHT WASTED thanks to the amazing hotel staff who had immense difficulty understanding that paying for an apartment means you MUST have one available when the ‘people who paid for it’ have arrived!

Although this all sounded like a small mix up, I am writing about this specific incident as we were four strangers in another town somewhere in another country and all we wanted was to feel safe and welcomed a little. We almost felt like a burden and the manner in which we were treated was extremely poor. I felt as though the hotel staff played to our vulnerability and used that against us! As they say First impressions count and this was my first impression!

Apartment 2 door lock broken

The lock in our second apartment broke after a few days (not our fault as we did not know how it broke). As expected, inconvenience..i.e..moving valuables from one apartment to another back and forth. This was eventually fixed after we had made many requests!

DOOOO NOT EVEN THINK about ordering food from the restaurant. If you know the slightest thing about good food, you will know that the food there is terrible and the portion is tiny. I ordered chicken steak and chips and received a measly 12 pieces of chips. Can you imagine walking into a restaurant in the UK and being able to count the number of chips. I would not even dare count due to sheer embarrassment. However, in this case, a quick glance was sufficient.

Breakfast was lovely I must admit! DOOO NOT GO ALL INCLUSIVE HERE!
Explaining your order to the restaurant staff can also be quite a task – unless you speak Turkish of course. It took me a whopping 8 minutes explaining I want a chicken burger. I had to login to my phone, wifi and show a picture of a chicken! Haaa Good Times hey! On a positive note, Tomato ketchup seems to have become a universally accepted thing! Not a problem at all when I asked for Ketchup.
I forgot to mention the food arrived after 45mins and our neighbours received their food (sat on the opposite table) after an hour! Good things come to those who wait? I THINK NOT!!

Security

I don’t think this apartment/hotel have ever heard of the word.
Not once did I feel safe leaving my passport and money behind at the apartment. I always felt as though someone could break in and take everything with such ease. The pool area was always full of what we would classify as ‘Rudeboys’ in the UK. I couldn’t tell you whether they were fellow residents or just ‘hanging out’ by our apartments! In my previous apartment in Bodrum (two years ago) there was always a security guard present at all times.
IF YOU WANT TO FEEL SAFE, THIS IS NOT YOUR PLACE AND IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY THEN DEFOOOOOOOOOOOOO AVOID!

Last day

Our flight was at 9pm and check out was at 12pm.
We asked the ‘Hotel Manager’ if we could have one apartment for an extra few hours to keep our luggage and he said he was not able to do that but we can leave it in the reception area. We explained that we did not want to do that as there is no receptionist present there! He then said ok then there will be a charge of 20 UK pounds and laughed and said that should be easy to pay between four of you guys! HE then spoke to his bartender in Turkish and his exact words were “F*** it, you can have it” – Yes this was the Hotel Manager! HOW VERY PROFESSIONAL. His image, his words everything about him was unprofessional and made us feel unsafe. If you are every there and wondering what he looks like he is fairly short, stubbles with ginger-ish/brownie hair. Professionalism is a very rare thing in Nova Apart Hotel so if you are expecting any of it, please just divert your attention elsewhere!

Now I want to make one thing VERY VERY VERY CLEARRRR! This apartment does have some excellent reviews, however, please scroll down and see who has submitted the reviews as the excellent reviews would usually come from Girls. O ISNT THAT SUPRISING! Why is that? Because, THE MEN IN THAT TOWN ARE PROBABLY THEEE MOST PERVIEST SLEAZY MEN ON EARTH who give girls a better service!

On a positive note, the flight crew were very friendly

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank F R

Travellers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked 1 apart & 2 hotel rooms from Nova Hotel.But upon arrival to Gumbet we could not locate the hotel because we were looking for Nova instead of Vela Hotel. Later we understood that the more visible Vela Hotel adjacent to Nova Hotel was also owned by the same people and housed 2 of the rooms we booked. Only the apart room was in Nova Hotel. The advertised "free on-site parking" meant parking by a busy and very steep (45* angle) road if you dare to park. During check-in the hotel owners had only 2 rooms for us. After some wait the 3rd room could be arranged. Rooms were quite basic and run down. They faced night clubs across the street so we could not sleep or stay in the room from 10 pm to 2 am due to extremely loud noise. The room No. 116 of Vela had a WC with a noisily leaking water reservoir and a small shower cabinet with a broken shower head which sprayed everywhere. The ventilation duct in the bathroom pumped a heavy smoking smell which ruined the air in the room. The hotel owners were heavy smokers and smoke like a chimney in the reception room in the basement of Vela. The apart room No. 210 in Nova had a phone in the room but it was not connected to anything. Despite our request, the bedding for the kids were not done even after 2 hours of arrival, so I had to climb down and up tens of stairs to remind the hotel owners. There was a single split A/C unit in the bedroom. So the living room was always sweaty and kids and grandma complained about heat. The room had cooking facilities but the teflon pan provided was worn out to the point that metal surface was completely exposed and the other metal pan was bent badly so you could not close the lid anymore. When we complained, the hotel management only provided lame excuses. There were two adjacent pools in front of the hotels but could not use them because the pools had a terrible smell of household bleach (instead of the pool grade chlorine). So we did not use the hotel for anything except for sleep and breakfast. I would not recommend the hotel to anyone. The hotel is not professionally managed and not properly maintained.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Hakan73
berk d, Yönetici at Bodrum Nova Suites Hotel -All Inclusive, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
hello my turkish friend (who live in dubai) i can see you have many complain from here.but i just have one question .why you didn't leave from hotel.why you was keeping stay i told u cleary first day from me i m giving your money back please if you dont want you can leave from our hotel cuz our hotel not like place where u live(dubai).you could leave from nova stay in some 5* hotel.or dont complain that much.

maneger
berkay dönmez
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel surrounded with nice restaurants, bars, cafes and gift shops .its five minutes walk to the beach and just next to the center of Gumbet’s night life which is great however, the rooms are very basic. not even a mini bar in our room and they call it a hotel apartment! The bathroom was dirty and disgusting. Poor breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sanam p
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

We had a perfect stay in Nova. The staff was very friendly and very helpfull. Everything was nearby like the beach many restaurants and bars, and best of all, the best nightclubs just a couple of steps away from the hotel. Best of all was Chico's restaurant/bar in front of the hotel, the guys that work there are lovely! I definetly recommand Nova apart hotel with a big smile!:)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Juhana K
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

My friends and I stayed there for 2 nights in a 4 bedroom. The room size isn't too big, one double bed and two single beds, but it was a good size as we were only there for a short time. The rooms are clean and we got free breakfast. The staff are friendly and helpful. The location is perfect as it is so central and close to the nightlife and restaurants. To get to Bodrum itself is easy as all you need to do is flag down a Dolmus (their equivalent of a minibus) and they can take you there. The price for our stay was also remarkably cheap! Definitely recommend and I would stay there again next time I'm in Gumbet.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in the double appartments. The room was set up the back on the top floor which meant it had a sea view and was quiet. It is about 5 mins walk to the beach but is set just above the shops and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013