“Value for money”

Ranked #33 of 85 Restaurants in Gumbet
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent food at an excellent price, great deals for great traditional indian restaurant, back in gumbet in may and deffo back here ;-)

1  Thank Dacker84

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The staff at this restaurant are perfect, friendly without being pushy or overbearing. The restaurant is ideally situated in the town centre and looking over the bay. The food honestly is amazing; you have to taste it to believe it. The onion bhagis are out of this world! Overall the food is not too oily, like a lot of English Indian restaurants can be and you can tell a lot of skill has gone into the preparation and cooking. Oh, and on top of all that, they do really cheap deals on set menus for example we had poppadoms, a starter, a main meal, a side and a drink for just over £10!!!!!!! Honestly fabulous!

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Visited this friendly Indian / Turkish restaurant twice this year. Firstly in May and secondly September.
It is located upstairs in busy Bar Street. Too noisy for my liking although on second visit we were earlier eating and no noise.
Food is authentic and delicious.
Friendly service.
Watch the carpeted staircase leaving as its rather slippy.

1  Thank rockfan1_11
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We went to this restaurant twice on our holiday the food is delicious and the staff and service is excellent. I am not really a fan of Indian food and would not normally choose to have a Indian as I find them greasy and all the curries taste the same but we were recommended this restaurant by someone at the same hotel and as my other half loves Indian food we thought we would give it a try. I am so glad we did, the restaurant itself is spotless and I just loved everything from the popadoms and dips to the tender chicken in nice sized pieces and the gorgeous non greasy nan. I couldn't eat all of my curry on the first night I stuffed myself with the starters and popadoms, the waiters made me up a wee doggy bag so I could eat it later which was no problem at all for them. If I ever go back to Gumbet this will be my first stop.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I've had a few rubbish curries in Gumbet, so I was a bit dubious.... but wonderful, a decent curry, yum yum, and decent wine too!! I have the 34tL menu, however I'd have been better off the with more expensive one, had I know the wine was so drinkable. My Prawn massala was a little spicey, but in a good way, and the prawns were King Prawn size... thank you. :D

1  Thank Dawnifer1979