“Amazing Food, Amazing pool, Clean Rooms, Just make sure you lock your valuables up!”
Review of Palm Garden Hotel

Palm Garden Hotel
Ranked #80 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I went to The Palm Garden hotel last year at the end of May for 9 days with 2 mates (all lads).

The rooms are comfortable and our aircon was included in the price which was a nice touch, the beds were comfy and there was plenty of room for the 3 of us!

The bathroom was clean and the shower always had hot water. My only complaint about the room was that the shower head fell off whilst I was in there having a shower but these things happen and reception dealt with it straight away.

The hotel has 2 pool areas. One which is very quiet and chilled out and another which has plays tunes most of the day and where the animation team get people involved in playing games etc. A fun place to be (although we spent a lot of the time chilling by the pool bar).

The food was absolutely sublime at all meal times, especially at dinner time. There was often a bbq running as well and the choice of food was just superb and very fresh and tasty.

The location of the hotel is pretty good although it is up quite a large hill however there is also a new entrance which instead of climbing the hill you have to climb a lot of stairs (not great when you have been down bar street drinking all night!). Bar street is a 5-10min walk and the beach is about the same.

My one complaint about the hotel was that we and my friends did have some lira knicked from our room. We did not leave it on display but it was not locked away either. Between the 3 of us we had around 200 lira taken. We did inform reception of it and although they were very apologetic we got nothing back. So just make sure you lock your valuables away!

I am actually going back to Gumbet this year with the lads again (but 5 of us this time). We were contemplating staying here again but we opted for the Sun Club Hotel instead just based on location as it is right by bar street and backs out on to the beach.

If however the Sun Club hotel did not exist then i would've gone back to the palm garden hotel!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Simon B

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Me and a few of my friends booked this holiday last minute so we didn't really know what to expect. Nevertheless the hotel itself and gumbet went beyond our expectations, don't listen to the bad reviews they are rubbish! The hotel was clean, the food was great and there was always something for everyone even the pickiest of people. The staff were always very nice, especially the animation team that kept the pool lively with music and the day filled with activities. The pool itself had plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas for those who wanted shade. The hotel had two pools one which was more relaxing and one that was more lively. There was a number of bars in and around the hotel so food and drink was never far away which was good in the heat. Nightlife in gumbet was epic and i'm saying that as a student!, drinks were cheap and you didnt pay to get in anywhere, the clubs and bars were only a ten minute walk from the hotel and there was a mixture of places including family friendly bars. There was lots to do in Gumbet and the beach was only ten minutes away. I would recommend walking down the front to get the cheapest day trip deals, the rep in our hotel ripped us off which was annoying as we didn't go with that much spending money as students. Nevertheless the trip was okay, but we just knew that we could have got the same thing for half the price. Overall an amazing holiday and I would definately go there again. Also be sure to get a turkish bath.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Christina93
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed here last year for my holiday in Bodrum. The location is absolutely fabulous, you can easily go walking to the center of town, the food service is amazing and the views from the balcony are breath taking. However there are some cons. The rooms are extremely barren and outdated. There is no warmth, decor or design in them. Also it takes ages to walk from the rooms to the pool area and another few years to go to the lobby. Bringing your suitcases to the room is another hassle. Overall a good hotel but the rooms need work.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Nish x
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was a brilliant holiday, I was there for a week with my partner and from the moment I stepped foot in this hotel I loved it.
The staff are brilliant and very friendly, And the rooms are even better- However no matter were you are you will here music from the local pubs/clubs - You wont lose any sleep though!

The pool is amazing! Very cold.. But after a few days you get use to it. There is always games/activities going on which are suitable for all age ranges.

The food is good. And considering I am Extremely fussy I always managed to find something to eat!

There is a really nice restraunt next to the hotel called the Shanghai..! This is AMAZING! I recommend anyone who likes fresh tasty food to go there.. And it is also very Very Cheap! The staff are brilliant in there and very welcoming!

A good bar/Club to go to would be the "Club why not" The staff again are very nice,polite and protective! You will have an amazing time in there.

I can't stress enough about this next part though... ! PLease olease please DO NOT book the moonlight cruise.. The walk to the boat is Horrible the floor feels like it is going to collapse from underneave you, and the steps to the boat are hanging on the edge.. Not very nice to do at night. You will get told that it will only last an hour which is ok, But it turns out being 4 hours and the drinks are massively overpriced!!

My advise is to not book any trips through your travel rep.. They double the price when you can take a short trip down the road and get the exact same trips at a 1/3 of the price. - Your travel rep will give you horror stories on these, But I booked through my rep and from one by the hotel. The reps trips turnt out awful! However when you book through an indepent company you end up on the exact same trip. So do not believe anything your rep says!!
( And if you get a male rep that says he works at the outback bar - Do not book anything from him.. He is horrible and the bar crawl that was arranged for through him never even turned up to pick us up.. AVOID)

Anyway.. Please do not believe any bad reviews.. I am going to go back asap!! You will have a fantastic holiday!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kimi1990_12
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Spent a week here in May 2012. It is what it is, cheap hotel and a cheap holiday. I paid £230 for a weel all inclusive. I travelled on my own so wasn't expecting luxury 5* surroundings like i would if I travelled with a girlfriend. The rooms are basic but hospitable, the food was ok, for the price I paid you take it or leave it, the bar was open from 11am to 11pm. Location wise its pretty good, 10 minute walk to the beach and the same to bar street. If you have been to Turkey before then you will know what to expect from the locals, they can be very nice, they can also be overbearing and at times it can wear you out. For me a holiday is more about who you meet and where you go, and i made some great friends and had a fab time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a terrace as opposed to a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Redcoco
Reviewed 18 April 2012

As I have said i have been to this hotel 9 times and various other hotels in gumbet (inc 5* hotel down the road)... always come back to this one though. I am a 22 year old girl and have been with both friends and family here. And I have booked to go again in august this year. I really don't understand all of these bad reviews... your getting what you pay for and more i would say. The rooms are lovely and spacious, and if you are not happy then the staff are happy enough to help and accommodate you in any way possible.

There are 2 pool areas- one is a more quiet chilled out area and the other has a really lively atmosphere and also has a slide in the pool, The animation team throughout the day play games and entertain.

The food i personally think is really nice and i am a fussy eater, there is something for everyone and the restaurant staff are really friendly and helpful. Meal times show that there isn't a time where you have to go without food. There is a snack bar thats by the pool that does chips and burgers and late afternoon then there is afternoon tea with cakes and cookie.

The location of the hotel is right where you need it to be. Its 5 mins walk from the beach and between the hotel and your walk to the beach is a couple of little shops. You're walking distance from everything you need.

Bar street is amazing- best clubbing experience i've had and i've made a lot of friends over the years here. Its literally 10 mins walk from the hotel and on the way there are a few family bars which i also love ( smileys, chico's).

All of the people saying that the hotel has a lot of steps... it does have a few yes- but if you need help with your luggage or anything then just ask someone.

Noticed one review that said the staff were rude- maybe you were arrogant and snobby!? or maybe their english is limited! Not everyone speaks english and for those of you who complain about the food aswell,,, not everything egg an chips! The staff are from from rude- their amazing! I love the staff nothing is ever a task if you need their help. They want to help you! i have never met friendlier people than turkish people.

To finalise- If you go to this hotel, i promise you will have the best holiday ever! i cry to be honest everytime i leave haha :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
15  Thank Natalie O
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I don't really know where to start with the Palm Garden, we actually got moved there because our hotel (the eken) was over booked. I'm really glad it did in the end as it turned out to be much better. I'm a 20 year old lad and went in a group of 6, all lads and it was absolutley perfect for what we needed. I can't believe half of the reviews ive read? If you're not the youngest any more or you want complete relaxation then don't go here. Yes there's a fair few steps but it's nothing like people are making out - stop moaning i say!
Best things... great pools/pool area, good for messing about with your mates and a few activities per day. we was all inclusive so could get as much beer or vodka coke/lemonade as we wanted through out the day, (plus soft drinks) theres a pool side bar where you can get these and also burger and chips which is pretty good, i prefered just to get chips though, 24 hour shop is top as when we got back at half 4 in the morning we could buy more beer and stay up in our rooms and do what ever. really good location, if you walk out of the back of the hotel it brings your out on the main street, there's a few decent start off bars on the way up to bar street. "chicco's" imparticular is a good place to go, we loved it there. then we worked our way up the street to bar street which is as lively as all the other party places, it's immense and if that's what your going for don't miss out, we were abit worried at first but trusty me it's top. gumbet is definitely an up and coming party place. for the holiday we went for the only down thing was that in the restraunt it's basically first come first serve for the evening meal but to be honest im just being picky. they have a theme for evey night e.g. chargrilled chicken one night, fish the next as well as all the other consistant foods, salad, chips, deserts etc. and somenights they'd bring out a massive tray of chicken and people helped themselves and it soon ran out, so you had to wait until they cooked more. so people moan at this but seriously what is the rush? we just got what we wanted which wasn't much anyway had a few drinks and waited if we had to. then evey night we went to the balcony bar i think it was called and drank in there until 11pm because it was free on the all inclusive then headed out. so basically, if you're going on a group holiday for partying this is definitely a top hotel to go to, but if you're an older couple and want more relaxation i'de book somewhere else. If you want to ask me anything else my e-mail is jack.newman1991@hotmail.co.uk i'd be glad to answer any questions. Have a great holiday

Room Tip: I think we stayed in room 703 - it slept 5 there was only 2 of us, it was huge! we pushed 3 single b...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends