“Everything you would need in a holiday..” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palm Garden Hotel

Palm Garden Hotel
Ranked #77 of 98 Hotels in Gumbet
scotland
“Everything you would need in a holiday..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Just back from Palm Garden after an amazing week with a group of 4.

The staff are very helpful went out their way to keep us happy whether it was in the hotel/pool/rooms.

We booked about 4 activities - do not book the Bar Crawl as Bar Street is literally a 5 minute walk down the hotel stairs.

Food was great always a brilliant selection and fresh fruit and salads every day.

Seen a lot of bad comments re Denniz he was a bit clingy and if you told him no he would get rude and arrogant which was uncomfortable at times. To be fair he was trying to do his jobs as he gets commission on everything.

Bar street was unreal with so many different bars with amazing entertainment. Would recommend going to Smileys bar, Irish Bar and X Bar. Outback was a let down.

To be honest the fact we are already looking at prices for next year tells you everything.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank nadine1992

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is was rated a 4* I wouldn't even given it a 2*!! Staff are rude hardly any English came out of their mouths.. A male housekeeper followed me and my friend to the toilet and peered over the top of the cubicle watching us!! He then ran off and when we told the manager, who was dealing with another girl at the time who had her money stolen from her suitcase in her room, he wasn't fazed by it at all, said he would talk to the man and get him to apologise.. No apology all holiday!! The rooms are disgusting.. Aircon hanging off wall.. No toilet roll, no clean towels or bed sheets!! Came back one night and our balcony door had fallen off and one of the ceiling tiles in the bathroom had fallen.. Looked like someone had broken in.. Once again nothing was done about it! The staff there are rude and pervy, one of my friends got a massage in spa and it was more than just a massage he wanted!! All six of us got sick from food that was the same every meal!! We ate out most of the holiday as we couldn't bare to eat food that had been reused proberly all week! The glasses we're dirty and chipped and they stopped serving at 11pm! I don't normally right reviews but I felt I had to warn other people about this hotel!!! Do not stay here.. Everywhere we went people was laughing at us when we told them what hotel we was staying at!! The only decent thing about this place is the slide which is only open for half hour a day!! I wouldn't even let my worst enemy stay here!!

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Vikki2205

Travellers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Just returned after 16 days with family group of 9 from 4 yrs to 55yrs. Was really worried before we went cause of bad reviews. Arrived late and staff were so helpful, gave children a pack up and we had drinks. Plenty of staff spoke english, rooms were all fine and cleaned daily with fresh towels. Animation staff were great and worked hard, Deniz always helpful, and Oougg made sure pool area was always clean he worked so hard and was always happy.Yes there were steps and yes things could have been improved with some rooms listening to a few people but any problems we had were soon fixed ie aircon in 1 room, extra blankets. Food was fine could always find something to eat and the snacks at the pool were great.All reps at any hotel rip u off so go to beach and get most trips cheaper, a great holiday had by all and met some really nice people.

Room Tip: Room 204 was near the bottom but great room,only noise was people coming in early hrs, no noise from...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank jeahicks
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

What can I say about this Hotel I can sum it up in two words Don't go .First room we were given was smelly and the sink and toilet were dirty and the shower had black mould.We were moved to a better room but this had problems as well shower tray filled up and took over a hour to drain,in two weeks we had a total of three hot showers the rest of the time it was warm or cold.The bed creaked every time you moved disturbing sleep when we reported this to reception our mattress was changed which made no difference as the base was at fault.Every morning there was a strong smell of sewage in the room.As for the food if you could get any for kids pushing in and piling up their plates it was very poor.Twice during our stay the bar ran out of drinks and as the choice was poor any way this should not have happened. Positives are entertainment staff and the pool.I would have shared some photographs but my camera disappered from my room,so keep any valubles locked up.The only reason we did not move from this Hotel is we were there with two other couples and they seemed happy to put up with the cucumstances.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Maidstone ,UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

A most enjoyable stay. This hotel is lively, serves great food, usually offers good AI drinks and has something for everyone. However, there are some people who won’t enjoy it. It has a lot of steps so if you have problems working you will be in trouble. The bar man Mehmit is overly friendly with some female customers. Some enjoyed it, others definitely did not. Some of the drinks were watered down but on occasions the wine was lovely. However at other times very indifferent.
The food was typical buffet style but always something enjoyable. Some of the reviews here are incredibly negative. Sometimes wrong, at other times malicious. If I owned this hotel and put in as much effort as the staff, I would be very unhappy with what some people had written. My shower had more water coming out of it than Niagara Falls. The room was comfy and I would certainly visit this place again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Danny100
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I just been back on the 2nd June we had no problems hotel was good rooms were cleaned every day. food was great.pool area was cleaned.entertainment was realiy good view from my room was lovely staff were friendly had no problem in ten days I would go back next year again . There were loads of stairs all over the hotel but didn't bother us

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Sam7861
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have just come back from a week with my friend at the Palm Garden. After reading the reviews before we came, we were a bit worried about what to expect. For the price you pay it is very good. Yes, there are a lot of steps but if you get a room at the top near the hotel and pool its fine. The food was generally very good, and I am extremely fussy. I managed to find something every day. The entertainment team are fantastic, they work so hard and try to get you involved but are not pushy. The Room was cleaned and fresh towels left every day. I found the staff to be very friendly. The Hotel does need a little bit of maintenance here and there but overall it was fine. I really don't know what some people expect when they go to Turkey but if you want luxury you obviously have to pay for it. Overall we had a great holiday and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends