“Could be great value BUT.....”
Review of Palm Garden Hotel

Palm Garden Hotel
Ranked #80 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our first room bathroom was covered in mold and had not been cleaned properly, the second was better (we asked to change room) but I had to ask for clean towels and the floor to be cleaned after 5 days! We got the towels but no clean floor in a weeks stay! We had a coach-roach in our bathroom and I saw a couple outside too however food was left outside our neighbours room and sat for 2 days, might still be there for all I know! The food is good, but kept warm so hot dishes including any rice or potatoes you want are cold unless you get there as soon as they are put out. Its all inclusive however to get drinks in the day time you have to cross an obstacle course - really all those cute bridges in the pics around the pool you will have to navigate. This hotel is barely a 2 star and definitely NOT a 4 star by anyone's standards. However it could be a great 3 star if it just warmed the food, improved standards of cleaniness and moved the bar so people can get drinks easily, we don't all want Riki at 11am, some of us would just like to take a glass of water without doing the Crystal Maze. The staff are friendly, there's a great mix of guests and the gardens are well tended which is a lovely touch, but I wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: book a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Couple - 20 years old

Really nice hotel for the £471 we spent on the whole holiday for ten days.

Area very commercial. Lots of silly little shops selling silly little bracelets and fake branded handbags, shoes, clothing which we loved. Make sure you haggle down the price of anything and everything - pay no more than 50 lira for trainers. Prepare to have a high tolerance for shop owners shepherding you in to their shops. Restaurants all nice and reasonably priced. ROYAL RESTAURANT (2 minute walk away) IS A MUST!. Bodrum market is a 15 minute 90p bus journey which is well worth a look. Beaches are quite small and stony in both Gumbet and Bodrum. Camel Beach is the place to go if you want a really nice sandy beach with crystal clear and calm water. 40 lira (£12ish) taxi drive each way - worth it.

Pool area very clean and not overcrowded. Family pool and quiet pool were both great to use during the day. Not such a struggle to find sun beds. The alcohol was quite limited to vodka, gin, wine and beer. WARNING - Spirits poured in very large quantities. The restaurant was 7/10. Nice food, bit limited again. No typical English breakfast. I had pancakes with chocolate spread and jam, with mozzarella cheese every morning. All staff very friendly but didn't know as much English as I'd expected. If you want advise it's best you talk to the entertainment staff, or your rep.

Our room was 5/10. Big damp patch on the wall, warm fridge, lack of light, cold shower, 1 cockroach. However the air con was very very good, and we were given a bedroom for 4. They were cleaned twice every three days quite well (but we were advised to keep valuables locked away). We weren't too fussed about the satisfactory room as we were only really there to sleep and change.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday here, mainly due to the weather, atmosphere and location. For those who aren't willing to see past the flaws in the hotel, pay for a 'nicer' hotel. Well worth the money we payed, and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jack L
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We spent 2 weeks in June 2012 in Palm Garden Hotel. We booked 2 rooms. One for my 70 years old parents and my brother and one for my husband and I and our 2 year old. Although we already requested a room with a cot, there was no cot on the room. We were given 2 room next to a disco/night club and couldn't close our eyes before 3am when the night club would get closed. How fun was that for my parents!! We asked the reception desk every day for change of rooms and a cot. But nothing had been done. Eventually on day 9 I had to scream at them to make them change our rooms to a quieter spot with a cot in one of them. Rooms are very simple and in poor condition. The cleaners only come every other day. The food was not really great. It's a no no and hell! We will never go to that place anymore. The only good things about it were the hotel swimming pool and a medical clinic within walking distance outside if the hotel with amazing and lovely doctors. My 2 year old became poorly when we were there and those doctors were just fantastic.

Room Tip: Never go there!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Coral-Haribo
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here in may with my best friend we got here and we had problems with are room and the manager was very very rude and spoke to us like children. The hotel is beautiful and the entertainment people were lovely and so friendly apart from one he was very rude and said the most inappropriate things and I had other people from the hotel coming up to me and asking me sexual questions which were not truebut what this certain person was saying. He wasnt a nice man

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank callycallum
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 1am and had to be taken to another hotel as they had over booked!!!! 2 days later we got to come back to the palm garden hotel. we were taken to our room to find the lock did not work.. The we went to a different room to find it hadn't been cleaned so we then had to wait another 2 hours!

Food was ok! Staff were ok! Our room wasn't cleaned daily!

Location was good and we met some great people here which made the holiday good

It's good value for money but be careful as A LOT of theft happens here!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Ktxp1
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just returmned from a week at palm garden hotel and it was amazing xfab hotel freindly staff good location.denniz and entertainment such good fun and very helpful .Food good drinks plentiful all round fab time.i would fully recommend this hotel unless you have walking difficulies as lots of stairs and no lift .we are defo going to return nxt year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sexysnips1
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Sorry to say I was a victim of theft by a hotel member of staff. Upon reporting the issue to Duty Manager came away thinking and your problem with that is !!!! A complete lack of understanding that people go into a hotel not expecting to be stolen from by the staff, I did mention that this was a situation previously reported on reviews on many sites but still no understanding that this is unacceptable. The hotel rep had to get this situation understood where a forced apology was eventually given. I can assure that my situation was not unique and has been ongoing since the start of the season which has continued on for several seasons.
The above obviously not acceptable and should be treated with respect, you could be the next victim. Saying this reading previous reviews the main problems with people reviewing this hotel appear to be the food and cleanliness, I can say personally that the food is limited for choice but what is available is not bad, suggest trying the fried eggs at breakfast, English eggs leave a lot to be desired after tasting the hotels. Cleanliness is par for the course and a lot better than the Greek islands near to Turkey.The hotel is at the top of a steephill and the hotel is mainly either up or down steps and would not suit people with walking problems, along with this lighting is limited and care taken in the dark using steps. There are 2 pools, one is a quiet area and the other is for the loud music type and enough distance between the two to not create a problem for either use. The hotel has currency exchange but only on the basis of cash only ie debit cards not accepted but plenty of exchange places in the area.
Overall we went for a quiet relaxing holiday which was acheived accept for the theft problem and having stayed in well over 100 hotels over the years and the first time being stolen from came as a shock. For the ladies reading this review the item stolen was a pack of 200 cigs which were hidden underneath my wifes underwear, a) Now even I know you do not go rooting through the wifes underwear at anytime b) Underwear in the wardrobe, what the hell is going on that staff are investigating the wardrobe. Can only be theft in there mind. Hey ho

Room Tip: Ensure balcony and that the blocks on the east side poorly lit for walking up and down steps in the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple