“Could be so much better”
Review of Club Hotel Flora

Club Hotel Flora
Ranked #33 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We did enjoy our holiday the hotel its self is nice enough a quick checkin then shown to our room, rooms were ok bed was comfortable although why have one single cover on a double bed ?? we had to take one of the single bed. Shower was nice plenty of hot water and very powerful, Cleaning well the bin was emptied everyday and the bed was made and once they changed the towels! there is not enough cleaners and cleaning is not top of this hotel priority although not dirty it could be better. Our room was a downstairs room we loved the fact we could just walk out to the pool (although there was a constant water leak outside our room leaving a big puddle of water outside it that never got cleaned up even though we asked the cleaners) The pool was lovley we always managed to get a sunbed and umbrella the pool bar workers were cheerful and friendly and did a good job. We booked all inclusive and found the lunches and dinners ok plenty of choice the breakfast let them down if you are booking bed and breakfast think twice !! be warned ! keeping the food hot was also difficult for the hotel so get there early ! Also the wifi is very hit and miss more miss than hit ! The beach area well we walked up had a look and carried on walking ! All in all we had a good holiday we love Gumbet but if we and when we visit again it wont be to this hotel

1  Thank Trudi W
There are newer reviews for Club Hotel Flora

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our stay at the Club Hotel Flora can be summed up in a few words: an utter disappointment!! My complaint extends not only to the hotel but also to the travel agency Expedia. I may share part of the blame for making assumptions that will never be repeated again. Initially, we booked two rooms for a five night all inclusive stay at the Club Hotel Flora. A few months later we had to change, not cancel, our reservation to a four night stay instead. This change, not a cancellation, was made with Expedia. Expedia did not inform me that such a change would relegate our rooms from an all inclusive stay to a breakfast only stay. My mistake for assuming a reduction of one night would not affect our all inclusive stay to breakfast only. I give bad marks to Expedia for not informing me over the phone when the change to reduce the stay was made. If I had known of this change, we would have cancelled the hotel stay completely. We didn’t realize the change until the day we arrived to Club Hotel Flora. When discussing the matter with the receptionist at the Club Hotel Flora, my attempt to discuss it was met with lack of understanding as the initial person spoke limited English. In any event, my Turkish wife spoke up and management arrived. My wife spoke in English with him for my benefit and he would only respond in Turkish and even commented in Turkish that he would not speak in English to a Turkish person. He told my wife that he cancelled his arrangement with Expedia because the prices given were too good. Bad, rude and callous!

As for our stay at the hotel: The food was average at best. The coffee machine stopped working for the last two days of the stay with no replacement. Our room had no running water a couple of times. The shower didn’t work in one of the rooms initially. No drinking water was provided in the room’s refrigerators. Our room towels were never replaced during the whole stay. The eating areas of the hotel were not cleaned up timely in the morning prior to breakfast being served. The workers arrived late in the morning to clean up the previous night’s mess left by hotel guest. The hotel’s arrangement for the beach was utterly abysmal!! I was told the area in front of the hotel was public beach area and it was not clean. So I cannot comment on government policy regarding public beach areas. However, the hotel lacked any regard for making the most of the situation. While I did not expect the hotel to keep the public beach area clean, the least the hotel could do was provide enough umbrellas and beach chairs for their guest!! The hotels next to us in the same public beach area had plenty of chairs and umbrellas for their guests. Our hotel paled in comparison and gave the impression it didn’t care about ensuring its guests enjoyed the beach as much as possible under the circumstances!! Even the few chairs they did have were broken. Terrible!!!!! Turkey is well known for its nice beaches and places to stay. I have experienced those places in Antalya, Marmaris and Çeşme. Club Hotel Flora in Gümbet-Bodrum is not one of them!! If you are headed to Turkey to enjoy its wonderful beaches and warm hospitality for the first time, avoid this place so as not to get the wrong impression about the beauty of Turkey!! I love Bodrum immensely, just not this hotel!!

Room Tip: Avoid room 407 which is on the first floor in the back. Contrary to advertising, no WiFi in the roo...
3  Thank Harold W
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is a small family run hotel. We decided to go back to this hotel as we have stayed here before. On arrival we were greeted like old friends as all the staff remembered us from our previous stay here it was lovely to be back. We stayed here in early July & just as last time everything was immaculately clean the staff were pleasant helpful & friendly. The cleaner that we had was a really nice smiley helpful man & our room was kept spotless by him.The lads behind the bar Firat, Mohammed & Gurur are very helpful & polite & a more than happy to share a laugh & joke with you. There was no problem with towels on sun loungers whilst we were there but it only takes one person to start this awful trend off & it continues throughout the whole of the summer season as each new set of arrivals see towel reserved loungers & start to do the same. We met lots of lovely people at The Flora this year. The food was okay & there is always something that you can eat though not cordon bleu, if you want 5* food you have to pay 5* prices. They could definitely do with a toaster in the dining room I myself am more than happy with the selection of a typical Turkish breakfast but it is not to everyone's liking. As the value of the GBP was so good this year it was cheap enough to go out for a few meals for a change even though we were all inclusive. There are some really nice places to eat out both along the beach & in town. The location is great as you can have peace & quiet or just stroll along the beach into to town if you want to party so best of both worlds. All in all it is a nice clean pleasant little hotel if you want to chill for a week or two. I would definitely go back to this little hotel again.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have a pool view so there is not much difference in any of them as they are all ve...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My sister and i stayed at th Club Flora Hotel in July and could not have asked for a better place to stay.
We arrived late at night and was shown promptly to our room 602 on the ground floor by a smiling friendly receptionist, the room was clean and perfect for the two of us, wardrobe space and hangers were limited but i had packed extra coat hangers (this is a must for ladies with lots of dresses) the bathroom was compact but very clean and a good powerful shower.
We woke up early on our first morning to a lovely quiet serene vista overlooking the sparkling pool, the only sounds to be heard were the birds & muted chatter of the cleaners mopping the marble floors at the other end of the pool.
Breakfast was perfect for us, lots of tasty treats, very continental with plenty of choice, we choose to sit outside under the huge umberellas, it was so relaxing and the staff were lovely & not rushing you out of the dining area, allowing us to sit & enjoy the pretty surroundings.
The pool area was ample (do take your own beach towels as these are not provided) there were enough sunbeds to go around, the poolside bar opened at 11am to 11pm and the bar staff were polite and friendly at all times!
The hotel is situated about 50m away from the beach and at the quiet end of the bay, this gives you the choice to take a stroll along the beach and discover the numerous bars and a good variety of restaurants, go up into the town for nightlife and loud music and return to the hotel for peace and quiet and a good nights sleep!
The other guests staying at the hotel were a good mix but mainly Turkish couples, families and businessmen which is a good advertisment for a true Turkish experience, well done Hotel Flora and ALL THE STAFF we look forward to our return.
Truely relaxed and chilled out Sue & Sandra from Sunny Hunny Norfolk

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2014

When I entered my room I was not impressed, it was dark and the room looked dull. I looked at the bathroom and it looked like something out of the 70's. We left our cases and went out for food as it was now about 9.30pm. We had a quick drink at the bar then went out for dinner as we had missed the all inclusive dinner.
We got back to the room and noticed that our room opened up onto the pool which was nice.
I was still not impressed.
Next morning, after a good night sleep I felt a lot better. The bed was quite comfortable.
I looked out the window (about 6am) and almost all the beds had towels on them.
I got my towels on two beds right outside our room.
I went for breakfast and I knew it wasnt going to be much, I just had toast and coffee, although I burnt the toast on one side and the other side was white.
We got settled on our beds for the day.
We didnt bother with lunch.
On returning to our room which had been cleaned, I found the shower was quite powerful which changed my opinion on the bathroom. I was now a bit happier.
We went for dinner, this was AWFUL. Food catered for Turkish people only.
Over the week we didnt eat at the hotel again. We had paid for all inclusive but had to buy food. Luckily eating out in Gumbet was quite cheap.
There were only about 5 british families at this hotel the rest were either Turkish, French etc.
Towels had to be put on the beds early, We were doing on the night when we came back to the hotel.
Wi fi, I found to be really good.
The hotel is situated perfectly, easy walking distance to beach, bars and restaurants although I would not spend time on the beach as it wasnt very nice.
Besides the food the other very bad thing was that they do not have a courtesy room if you have a late flight. They wont let you keep the room and expect you to have a shower in the poolside shower where it is all open and change in a toilet that all different people had been using all day. This I thought was disgusting.
Staff were really nice all except one receptionist, the one during the day with glasses, she wasnt very helpful at all.
Would I go back to this hotel......Yes but I would go room only and would make sure I had an early flight home.

Room Tip: Our room was 605, walked out onto the pool, had two beds there every day and it was under a tree so...
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was looking forward to returning to the club flora hotel. Although was disappointed with the overall experience received this year. The rooms are standard rooms with TV, fridge,air conditioning, small balcony's. The wifi is only accessible in the pool area and rooms next to reception. The cleanliness was of a poor standard. Although cleaning staff are friendly. This is a relaxing quite hotel. No entertainment and all inclusive starts from 10am till 11pm. The bar staff are very helpful and friendly. The food was very limited in choice and very much the same for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Mainly salad with a processed meat option in between. The resultant staff are not really helpful- they rush you to eat/finish your meal. The facility's are a pool.
I would not recommend this hotel for young children or family's as it's extremely quite, although there is a play area close by outside of hotel. (which is also used for local Turkish tourist to camp out) There is access to the beach sun beds however there are only 15 beds allocated for the hotel- which also get taken by other local holiday makers. For use of other beds close to the hotel there is a charge. On a 10 min walk there is access to beach front hotels with free beds and entertainment, who provide a service for food and drinks.
The Flora is more suitable for groups or couples willing to make your own entertainment or enjoy a holiday by the pool.
A 10/15 min walk to the main bar street. Although because of the location of the hotel of a night time you can feel venerable walking back late alone or if it's a couple of lady's as it's dark and well populated with local people who are often drunk. However if you are with a group you do feel safer. This hotel is great if you want long days by the pool and quite nights. Although if your after a lively holiday you may want to choose a hotel closer to the main strip. Would go back again only on a bed and breakfast option as 2 weeks of the same food morning afternoon and night can get rather bland- we ate out most days due to the lack of variety. A overall good stay although food and service was very disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was amazing place to stay ..the staff can't do enough for you ... totally recommend .. Small but very friendly ... One not 2 miss.. the food was great .. met some great new friends aswell.. try this hotel out you won't b disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014