“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 98 Hotels in Gumbet
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We went the 1st wk in May 2014, 1st time here and it was fantastic!! Stunning views, stunning food, so much to choose from... u won't go hungry, staff couldn't do enuf for u, and the animation team were/are the best we've seen, so friendly they come n sit with u and chat asking if everything's ok...... superb!!! Our only fault was the pool was icicle cold, pool area was packed but pool was empty it was a shame.... also there was 3/4 cats around the restaurant and eating areas (not a cat lover) so was a little put out by them. We wud defo go back.... in fact looking to go agen in Oct this yr :) we stayed in room 3414 beautiful views of the bay, but gumbets "bar st" can be heard til at least 5am.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs as the music from gumbet is mega loud and plays til at least 5am.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Carol D
badeoral, Guest Relations Manager at WOW Bodrum Resort, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear our guest, First of all it was our pleasure to host you at WOW Bodrum Resort. We will like to thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel. I have shared your lovely comments with all departments as they are a good motivation for all of us. It will be great to welcome you back for another fascinating holiday at our Resort. Please feel free to contact me for any further information that you would like to ask about your requests for future holiday plans. Kind Regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Writing this review as I sit in the lobby of the hotel on my last day - been to this hotel a number of times over the last few years and have never failed to be impressed! The reviews on trip advisor are bang on! Anybody leaving a negative review must be REALLY hard to please or just plain daft!! I could go on all day about the quality / selection of food and drink available but I think from the other reviews it's been well covered. Hotels spotlessly clean and staff are extremely friendly and polite :) -tipping is not expected but if you are kind enough to tip you literally are treated like royalty! So my advice is to tip!!

The room we got on this occasion was first class being located right in the middle of the hotel - easy walk to the pool and to the beach - had an amazing view this time but I did speak to the guest relations manager, her name is Bade and she got us a great room :) - thankyou!

Oh and the spa! - get a Turkish bath here - you will not be disappointed! Great staff, friendly and not pushy at all - special thanks to Ali, Pinar and Figan :)

To be fair there are so many staff that were awesome - Mr Z and Nihan in the Lobby to name just two.

In short go to this hotel - it's the best one - I'll hopefully be returning with friends again in September :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Phil B
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great compliments. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me from badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. Best regards, Bade
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have just returned from a two week holiday at the WoW hotel gumbet, this is my second time i have been to this hotel, the standards from 2012 are even higher this time, this hotel is the best hotel i have ever stayed in, the entertainment is superb, the food is to die for, the staff are the most friendly i have ever met, and the animation team are just super. We holidayed with Thomas Cook and we had the most amazing rep her name is Lacey and nothing was too much trouble, thank -you Lacey, i highly recommend this hotel you will not find better. Booking again for next year. Thank-you WoW.

Room Tip: All the rooms basically have a super view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bubblesUnitedKingdom
Dear our guest, We are very glad to hear that you had an fascinating holiday at our hotel. On behalf of all the WOW family I would like to say that it was our pleasure to host you at our hotel and we are hoping to see you again. Please feel free to contact me for any questions you have regarding your future vacations. Kind Regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here for two weeks in Oct 2013 Weather was fantastic. Pool was a little cold. the food was very good with so much choice. We loved the Italian restaurant. The bar was great with good quality drinks. We loved the jetty for sunbathing and had no trouble finding a sunbed. Would stay here again had a Turkish bath at the hotel it cost more than outside offers but was so convenient used the hairdresser everyday for a week and negotiated a great deal he was great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cooke376
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your nice comments. It is great to hear that you had a memorable holiday. It was a pleasure serving you and will be an honor to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me by badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Have only been to Turkey once and had not been back since cos I don't like the hassle you can get but thought I'd give it another chance and so glad I did. I travelled on my own for a week commencing 17 April with Thomas Cook. Flights there and back were bang on time and the transfer from Bodrum airport to resort was great - coach was only for this resort there and back so no tour around other hotels (though to be honest I tend to enjoy that cos I get to see what else there is). Weather was a bit rainy to start with but soon picked up - seems we were luckier than this week anyway cos it's rained more.
Check in: Extremely pleasant and efficient. Luggage taken from us; filled in a check in card; was offered safe (no charge but Euro 50 if you lose the key); handed various resort info and given directions to room - easy to find. The luggage was delivered shortly after.
Room: I was allocated 2414 which is ground floor with a view of the beach/sea. Definitely one of the better ground floor locations so I was chuffed with this. Whilst room decor is a bit dated (you might want to narrow your eyes at that carpet if you're feeling delicate) it was clean and homely. There was plenty of room; loads of storage space; great minibar which is filled with beer/water/soft drinks daily; same for tea/coffee supplies and water to boil in the kettle. Whilst the beds didn't look particularly comfy at first sight they actually were. Cleaning was of a good standard. Towels were changed daily whether needed or not, as were pillow cases and sheets changed every 2 days. The bathroom was small but sufficient. Water pressure good and hot water ran immediately. There is a hair dryer which isn't one that blasts but I got used to it and it did the job. Toiletries are provided and little things like a sewing kit/shoe shine/shoe horn/tissues/cotton wool/cotton buds.
Food: In the main restaurant there didn't seem as much choice as some all inclusive I've been to and I wouldn't say it was particularly Brit focussed but that didn't matter. I was still spolied for choice and founds loads of tasty stuff. I didn't try the specialist restaurants as I was solo and didn't really want/need that kind of setting but the menus looked nice and the snack service that was offered in the day was great. Turkish pizza - mmm! I was trying to maintain at least a passing nod to the diet I'm on so I didn't eat from the patisserie or have one of the ice creams but damn, I saw what they were offering and it all looked mighty fine! Tea time cake and hot waffles (I think) were nice. Frankly I could have grazed through the whole week and probably had to buy a second plane seat to get home!
Animation: worked hard and weren't overbearing. Loved the 'Sun Dance' they do twice a day. Made me giggle - look out for the boccia man doing it, so unintentionally funny. Didn't watch the evening shows as it isn't my thing so can't comment.
Staff: everyone was pleasant and helpful.
Resort grounds are lovely and the views are stunning too. Pool area nice and big and plenty of sun beds though this could be due to time of year. There are beds down at the beach too. I didn't get round to finding the quiet pool so not sure what's there.
There's a well stocked shop(s) for anything you might want; hair braiding and temporary tattooing; a hairdressers and spa. The photographers got on my wick a bit sometimes though.
Gumbet itself is walkable and lots of shops/eateries if that's what you're looking for. Or you can get taxi there and Bodrum from the hotel (there's a button to press by the front door).
I honestly wished I was there for two weeks, it was a lovely relaxing holiday and I wouldn't have been bored being there longer as there were parts of the place I didn't even explore properly. I really want to go back but Turkey has so many places to go I'm not sure if I will - but if not it's certainly not a reflection on this great resort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank serendipity402010
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had read the reviews for this hotel and was not dissapointed. We arrived and the staff were so helpful, could not do enough to make us feel welcome.
Food was brilliant, huge variety and different on all 7 nights we were here. Food was always fresh and plenty of selection ie healthy and treats.
As we travelled on sept/october the entertainment was winding down, but still enough to keep us busy. Weather was not great, but staff did try to ensure we were able to sit and enjoy outside with the use of heaters and closing off bar areas. The holiday was made by the staff, they could not have done any more.
Room was lovely and cleaned daily. mini bar was a nice touch, and this was also refilled daily.
Only downside was it was a little out of the way, but taxis/buses were readily available right outside the hotel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kimberley j
Dear our guest, It will be our honor to welcome you back at our hotel for another fascinating WOW holiday. I will also like to thank you on behalf of all the staff for your lovely praises, your comments were a great motivation for us. Please feel free to contact me through badeoral@wowbodrum.com for any information or help you require for your future vacations. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Kind Regards, Bade
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Just got back from here and had a great time. I struggle to find any negatives about this holiday. Other than the weather which obviously no fault of the hotels. We went for the easter holidays and the first few days were a bit hit and miss on the weather front. had some bad rain on a few occasions but did usually clear to sun.

The rooms are a little dated but as others have said but it does in no way affect your holiday. I would have liked a better view as the family rooms are on the same level they are very close together and our balcony was in what seems like a street facing other rooms. not as relaxing as the rooms opposite us. who had seperate balcony overlooking the back of their room.

The service was good and staff very friendly without being too much. having been to egypt we were hounded constantly at mealtimes by waiting staff trying to hard and annoying the kids. none of that here.

There is plenty of choice on bar/restaurants. One thing I have to say is we would probably not return in peak season as it was busy enough and we couldnt get into any of the a la carte restaurants. You have to be on the phone booking them as soon as they open or you wont get in! Another thing to note due to beliefs on drinking etc we noticed that some of the staff were not putting alcohol (or very little) in the drinks we asked for if the woman went up!

Overall great holiday and I would definitely recommend it. It was recommended to us!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank flex007
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your compliments. You can be assured that we will always keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. It was a pleasure and will be an honor to welcome you here for a memorable WOW Bodrum Resort holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Isis Hotel
Magnific Hotel
#3 of 98 in Gumbet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,363 reviews
Rixos Premium Bodrum

Been to WOW Bodrum Resort? Share your experiences!