“Fantastic holiday”
Review of WOW Bodrum Resort

WOW Bodrum Resort
Ranked #4 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very good hotel, staff lovely from housemaids to bell boys to reception to restaurant staff as well as kids club staff and the entertainment staff. Food is first class no complaints at all regarding that. Not recommended for people who are frail as it is pretty banky. Two complaints, one is that towards the end of the holiday on 9th June, more and more ragheads were arriving which I have nothing at all against, but the restaurant started playing their kind of music which is not what we listened to in the first of the two weeks we were there. Kids loved the kids club. The other complaint wasn't involving the hotel but if you go to the Bodrum market on a Tuesday be careful as I purchased two large male t-shirts and he didn't want to give me the change so he suggested another t-shirt which I agreed to only to find it was a medium size. Also my daughter wanted a cat whose eyes lit up and it moved around singing. We bartered with them (which I dislike doing) and we paid and when we got back to the hotel and opened it, he has put an old cat in that had dirty feet, obviously used before and did not work, so be extra careful what they give you and check everything works even put the batteries in at the market to check they work before you leave.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bestmermaid
badeoral, Guest Relations Manager at WOW Bodrum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your compliments about us. We are so pleased to know you had a memorable holiday. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. It will be a pleasure to welcome you here for a memorable WOW Bodrum Resort holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Wow Bodrum Resort in the first week of June 2014. On what I had seen on here before it mentioned that the rooms were outdated. As soon as we walked into our room we were pleasantly surprised the rooms were a very nice size, clean and the shower was really nice, not the kind you find hanging over the bath and hope to go some water will hit me.

The Hotel its self was very clean and the bar staff had there good and bad days, some just tried was too hard to be funny which didn't work. The food was really nice with a great selection, however the selection towards the end of the week was just the same thing which just got boring.

The entertainment was really good and if we wanted to get involved (just wanted to chill) then I am sure we would have enjoyed it.

I would recommend this hotel to friends and family (already have).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Daniel R

Dear our guest, First of all it was our pleasure to host you at WOW Bodrum Resort. We will like to thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel. I have shared your lovely comments with all departments as they are a good motivation for all of us. It will be great to welcome you back for another fascinating holiday at our Resort. Please feel free to contact me for any further information that you would like to ask about your requests for future holiday plans. Kind Regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for two weeks, end of Sept/ beginning of Oct last year with my wife and two daughters (22 and 9 years old). We had the worst weather we had experienced on a holiday abroad for 4 days; heavy rain, cold and I even got trench foot (I only had flip flops). It could have been the worst holiday ever, however, this did not matter at the WOW.

We arrived in the afternoon and was impressed by the reception area, very clean and shiny, with a waiter bringing drinks around. I had emailed Bade Oral earlier to ask for our rooms to be as close together as possible as my eldest has some walking difficulties; we were allocated adjoining rooms with a connecting door, which was excellent and made things that bit easier.
The rooms are dated as other reviews have suggested, but they are very clean and maintained to a good standard. The mini-bar is not extensive but kept stocked, and we didn't need more; 24 hour All Inclusive in a resort with the facilities at the WOW meant we didn't spend that long in the rooms.

The food was impressive for an All Inclusive; plenty of choice to a very good standard, live cooking stations, wide range of salads, lovely desserts and attentive waiters. My daughters are fussy eaters but they always found something to eat, and even tried things I thought they wouldn't. The A La Carte restaurants can be booked once each per week of stay. We found the Turkish one to be best, with the Italian second. The Mediterranean was a bit of a disaster, the weather didn't help as the restaurant was in a big tent, but worst was having to choose fish or chicken before you got to your table. The staff here didn't seem to be that bothered. During the day though this same tent serves the best chicken wraps going, so still worth a visit (every day at 2pm followed by ice cream from the patisserie!).

The facilities were wide ranging with something going on all the time. The entertainment staff were brilliant, friendly and encouraged you to get involved with games during the day, but without any undue pressure (Ebo, Mickey and Michael (magic man), keep up the good work). The evening entertainment was excellent, most nights there was a show at the amphitheatre followed by a band at the windmill bar. When the weather turned, the pool bar was used for the entertainment, which was just as good as sitting outside. My wife and daughters went for a massage, which they said was good, but spoilt by the pressure to have extra treatments which they resisted.

The pool area is kept spotless with fresh towels on offer using the cards issued on arrival. (TIP: don't bring any towels in your luggage, the towels in the room and by the pool are more than sufficient) There is also a quiet pool, but we didn't use it. The water-slides are good, our youngest loved them. There were other activities like tennis and volleyball but too much like hard work really.

The beach is a typical Turkish beach, narrow and gritty but perfectly acceptable. There is also free kayaks you can use. There are a number of jetty's with sun beds on them which looked good, and a jetty with gazebos which looked brilliant which I think you have to pay for, but you get waited on all day.

The staff were all friendly and helpful, and worked hard to ensure a good holiday.

Gumbet itself is a small resort, it has a pedestrian beach front, with one main street off. It has some nice restaurants, the best we found was the Columbian, excellent food and service.
Bodrum is more cosmopolitan and is a nice day out. Don't bother with the market which is in a hall, try the Turgetreis one which is on the street.

The WOW has now raised the bar in our holiday experience, so to prevent any disappointment we have booked again for this year and persuaded my parents to bring my nephew along as well. Only another 108 days to go!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank CHAA007

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great compliments. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me from badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. Best regards, Bade

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

It was the first time I have visited Turkey and what a wonderful surprise it was. Place was beautiful, staff were excellent and good was out of this world. It was my parents anniversary whilst we were here and I had a restaurant organised, a cake and room decorations. What a brilliant way to celebrate! A real gem, please do not hesitate booking here, we will definitely be back!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Nen3

Dear our guest, We are very glad to hear that you had an fascinating holiday at our hotel. On behalf of all the WOW family I would like to say that it was our pleasure to host you at our hotel and we are hoping to see you again. Please feel free to contact me for any questions you have regarding your future vacations. Kind Regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed 2 weeks,came home 2nd June 2014, rooms need redecorating, new carpets etc, but clean,food at hotel was average to good, not enough after 12th only toast , no pizza chips or sandwiches of which we usually get at other destinations,Italian was a
great a la carte, MrZali and Hakki top lads there.
Turkey a la carte okay nice views, .
Animation were friendly but some lazy at getting things going, not much go in some and trying to end activities really quickly especially football, and a lot of activities mainly boffin and beach volleyball running at the same time , so sometimes not enough to play both, times need changing,
entertainment was average to good , had a few good dances and fun, acrobats were brill,
The disco was not pushed enough after the entertainment, so on most nights not many were in but we started to tell more and eventually we had a few in, on some nights not anyone in.
Only vodka and beer and pop served there no, baileys ect.
ice creams were brill in daytime but none in evening after food,very disappointed especially people with kids.
The rep was rubbish saying to people that problems with hotel weren't her problem.
I cut my foot and so did my wife, grazes also with many rocks in the sand especially around the boffin and beach volleyball courts ,
glass, an hyper dermic needle which pierced a man's foot, wire from where the animation had left on the beach to hurt someone, we picked 2 10 inch prices up, after the beach party was cancelled , they used the wire to tie things to a frame for lighting the word WOW , but it rained that evening , gutted,
people refused to play volleyball until the court was cleaned, raked, which we had to report to guest services before anything was done.
We saw a used condom in the same area and told both animation and bar staff on the beach to clear it,but they would not and so a holidaymaker did it, all in all a big improvement is needed around there . We reported this on our customer card to management. All in all we made the best of it and would probably go again sometime for a week maybe, but would like to see improvements some are not that hard to do, but would make a big difference for us . Humber is more expensive and I would advise people to go to bodrum it's much plusher. Went to Marmaris last year and a lot cheaper to eat out and drink . Turkey is becoming as d3ar as Spain.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Martin J
badeoral, Guest Relations Manager at WOW Bodrum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear our guest, we are sorry that the standards of beach cleaning during your stay did not come up to the standard which we require and which you expect. we have adviced our HK manager to warn her staff to pay maximum attention to these issues. Please do not hesitate to contact me by badeoral@owbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations here. Best regards, Bade

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Firstly very disapointed with Thomas Cook for changing my venue from the La Blanche to the Vogue (awful reviews ) a week before going, after moaning I finally found the WOW resort and Thomas Cook were happy to send me and my partner and another couple here.

5 hour delay and we finally get to our hotel after missing a whole day of sun..
Hotel is stunning, clean as a whistle and rooms were a decent size, decor slightly out of date but nothing big - do have to add that we asked for a DOUBLE bed not two singles pushed together.. my boyfriend fell through the middle, although quite funny at the time we wernt impressed so asked reception to change it, with no hassle they accepted and when we returned we found a double sheet put over our two single beds..hmm..

After a long day we headed for the lobby bar where a very grumpy waiter slammed our drinks down on the bar and gave us a dirty look.. not impressed..
The drinks menu isnt of high standards and although they actually do give you champagne on your all inclusive package this isnt stated anywhere. When ordering a vodka and coke you got 98% vodka EVERY TIME, yuk!

Breakfast was pretty disjointed but after a few days we got the hang of things, ALL the good food is outside at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
If you are thinking of bringing a small child then the food isnt great, the baby section consisted of a small pack of rusk biscuits and warm milk.

Entertainment was great!! show after show and they really did put in the effort.
White party on our last night was fantastic, fresh fruit, dj, the lot.

BEWARE!!! BEWARE!!! BEWARE!!!
The disco room, was full of random turkish men sitting alone spiking drinks when they saw an oppurtunity, considered a family friendly resort this was actually quite scary and we didnt return to the disco again. This kind of thing DID NOT happen throughout the rest of the hotel.

I cant remember the name of the boy that took my boyfriends fags without asking and with an attitude may I add but he was part of the entertainment team and after my boyfriend repeatidly saw him throughout our stay and made him give him the money/fag that he had taken he finally gave in and handed over a cigarette. It may sound petty but you shouldnt just take and especially off of the guests your catering for.

Overall this hotel was brilliant and ranked just right, we had a few days bad weather but the hotel was great.

HUGE RECOMMENDATION!
The turkish bath! wow... amazing...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keira R

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your nice comments. It is great to hear that you had a memorable holiday. our F&B manager is informed to warn his lobby bar staff to smile at all times and our E&A manager is informed to warn all his staff not to take money or any other valuable belongings from guests- we would like to apologise for that. about the disco, I informed our night responsible to check the area more rapidly and thank you for informing us of the issue. It was a pleasure serving you and will be an honor to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me by badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Amazing hotel....amazing food...amazing staff...amazing entertainment...amazing facilities. When I heard people talking about the wow I thought must be good but did not ever realise that it would be the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Always go 5 star everywhere we go but this is on another level. Booked to go back with friends and our families and it can't come quick enough. Book this hotel. You certainly won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Sarraah1

Dear our guest, It will be our honor to welcome you back at our hotel for another fascinating WOW holiday. I will also like to thank you on behalf of all the staff for your lovely praises, your comments were a great motivation for us. Please feel free to contact me through badeoral@wowbodrum.com for any information or help you require for your future vacations. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Kind Regards, Bade

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Royal Asarlik Beach
Rixos Premium Bodrum
El Vino Hotel & Suites
El Vino Hotel & Suites
#1 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to WOW Bodrum Resort? Share your experiences!