“WOW:)”
Review of WOW Bodrum Resort

WOW Bodrum Resort
Ranked #3 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel is good, lots of food variety. Free sparkling wine and sandy beach, what could be better for a perfect vacation ;) There is a bar street just 10 minutes walk from the hotel where you can find activities for everybody. There is a karaoke bar, a disco club, also there are a lot ov shops where you can buy holiday gifts and also a tourist agency.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zhan_el86
badeoral, Guest Relations Manager at WOW Bodrum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your nice comments. It is great to hear that you had a memorable holiday. It was a pleasure serving you and will be an honor to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me by badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Pleased to see our room was one that had been updated a LITTLE.
This is a 3-4 star hotel that needs a full make over.
I found that is was a little unclean in some areas and not enough beds around the pool due to people reserving them all day, while on trips or at the beach.
The animation team was ok, they had a better team 2 years ago.
Food was ok.

Room Tip: Always book 5 star for Turkey
1  Thank EMTUk
badeoral, Guest Relations Manager at WOW Bodrum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear our guest, thank you for your comments about us. We would like to inform you that renewal of rooms is already added to our budget plannig for next year. About the pool area and guests reserving sunbeds; we have many boards around the pool and at the beach requesting guests not to reserve sunbeds, but ultimately we have to rely on our guests behaving approprietly. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future holidays. Best regards, Bade

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was our second trip to Turkey, our first to the Wow resort.
4 of us in our party, me, my wife, 9 year old son and 6 year old daughter. We travelled with Thomas Cook and stayed for 11 nights from the 4th August.

The transfer from the airport was over an hour, this was mainly due to Wow being the last but one drop off from our coach.

It actually takes about 40 minutes to get to the resort itself.

We arrived at the Wow at Midnight, the check in was very very speedy and the bell boy delivered us and our luggage to our room very quickly. We were able to visit the buffet for late night snacks and the lobby bar is 24 hours.

We were in block 6000, ground floor near the relax pool. This was an ideal location for us as it was far enough away from pool and entertainment that the children could have an early night if needed (we did, once!). If you have a room near the pool or windmill bar I can imagine it being very noisy almost 24/7. The walls of the rooms are very thin and we had some noisy neighbours for a couple of nights but I don't know what you can do about that.

The room was small but very clean and well maintained, the shower was excellent which is always useful.

Plenty of sunbeds, we went out at 8am most mornings and got 4 beds on the edge of he pool pretty much where we wanted them.

The pool is 1.4m all the way across so bare this in mind if you have younger ones, it is not beached at one end like many pools. My kids loved the slides that were open for a few hours a day.

The animiation team do work hard, we didn't find them over bearing, I played volleyball most days and the kids took part in a few activities, if you say a polite no thanks, they move on.

Some people have commented on here about the staff sometimes being surly or rude, I have to say we did not see evidence of this. To be honest, I wouldn't blame them seeing how some people (from all nationalities) treat them. We found if we were polite and friendly, the staff were the same.

The food was ok, A little disappointing with the variety on offer some nights but it was pipping hot and tasted good. The staff at dinner worked incredibly hard to keep everywhere tidy and people topped up with drinks. There are two or three snack bars for lunch in addition to the main resturant.

The entertainment on the evenings was ok, we tended to watch the 9:45pm show and then go for a walk or a quiet drink in the lobby.

It only takes 10 minutes to walk into Gumbet which we did on several evenings, lots of shops with "original fakes" and bars etc. You can get pressured by the shopkeepers but they are friendly enough.

We went on an evening jeep safari that the kids loved, I wouldn't suggest going during the day as I can imagine the heat is a lot for the kids to take.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay, don't expect a relaxing holiday, it's not that kind of place but if you know what to expect you will have a great time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank AVFCRich

Dear our guest, First of all it was our pleasure to host you at WOW Bodrum Resort. We will like to thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel. I have shared your lovely comments with all departments as they are a good motivation for all of us. It will be great to welcome you back for another fascinating holiday at our Resort. Please feel free to contact me for any further information that you would like to ask about your requests for future holiday plans. Kind Regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Food & Drink:
I thought the food was fantastic overall. There was always so much choice I don't see how anybody couldn't find SOMETHING they could eat, I'll break it down as much as I can below.

Drinks
The wine isn't great, but it's free! White, Rose and Red are available in every bar. Sparkling wine (and also Kir Royales) is available in the lobby bar only.

There's pepsi, diet pepsi and equivalents of fanta and sprite, plus some odd tasting fruit juices from a machine. A few of the bars have Lipton Ice Tea and chocolate milk too. If you want a decent coffee DO NOT use the Nescafe machine with the Coffee/White Coffee/Hot water option. It's gross. There's cappucinos and lattes available from a different machine from the lobby bar, pool bar and windmill bar! 90% of the cocktails are very sweet and just taste like fruit juice, so they go down easy. Each bar does different cocktails which makes a nice challenge to try them all!

Buffet breakfast: made-to-order omelettes, boiled eggs (hard boiled), premade omelettes with turkish meats, fried eggs, american pancakes, fruit salad, yogurts, honey, jams, fruits, cheeses, tomatoes, cucumber various breads + panini/toastie making machines, hams & meats, porridge, tomato & pepper scrambled eggs, plain scrambled eggs. Every other day or so there was bacon, and there was other hot foods daily for breakfast that changed including soup, grilled tomatoes with cheese, turkish ham/salami, grilled vegetables, baked potatoes.... Seriously. That was just breakfast.

Buffet Lunch:
Again, so much food & choice. Amazing array of salads & dips, various breads and cold meats and cheese again, soups, chips, rice, pasta, usually a stirfry of some description (we saw seafood, chicken and beef I think). Again it wasn't exactly the same everyday for the hot foods - sometimes there was fried chicken (a bit like KFC), sometimes it was grilled turkey etc. There's always grilled vegetables, meat & fish available but the kind usually changed around. Desserts are also available at lunch - Baklava is amazing at any time of day ;) There are waiters around at lunch to take drinks orders, but they're usually a bit hard to come by. Just flag somebody down or if you're after wine, nip and grab a bottle yourself...

Buffet dinner:
Quite similar to lunch in that you have the soups, salads, cold meats & cheese, fresh fruit, desserts etc. Again, waiters hard to flag down but if that's my only complaint mentioning food, I'm happy! The outside hot food was different but if you read above you'll get a good idea! Seriously - so much choice I can't imagine somebody not being able to find something they like.

Buffet overall:
Generally: go with the freshly made stuff they do outside. It tended to be slightly better, but the hot stuff inside was still good, just a bit hit & miss sometimes (the 'cheesy lasagne' that appeared once was pretty poor, imo).
The salad bars were brilliant and I am now slightly addicted to yogurt dips and Turkish meze.

Sini Restaurant (Turkish)
Fantastic. Absolutely by far my favourite in terms of food and service - we felt really looked after and had a bit of a laugh with the waiters. I recommend getting the lamb in the wok, it was so tender and I have no idea why they describe it was spicy (told them as much as well!)

Sancak Restaurant (Mediterranean)
In terms of setting, this is my least favourite. It's in a tent and unfortunately the evening we went it was quite chilly. There was only one waiter between all the tables so we weren't really looked after, but he did try his best and I mean, it wasn't his fault so we weren't too bothered.
WARNING: If you don't like fish, or if you only eat filleted fish, you won't have much choice! I had Sea Bass, my partner had trout: both come with head, tail, skin and bones still all in! That was all too, a few leaves and 1 slice of potato on the side, but you do eat masses of starters first.
I believe there was a haddock skewer available and they mentioned one chicken dish, but I don't know what it was.

La Gondala (Italian)
Didn't really rate the food here, especially in comparison to the buffet, Sini and my own previous experience with Italian. We came once for lunch and once for dinner:

Lunch: I had a 'Hawaiian Salad with Chicken' and when I asked the waiter what was in it, he looked completely perplexed and said something about pineapple. I thought maybe ham too? Well, it arrived 10 minutes before my partners pizza, came smothered in some kind of yellowy sauce and had very little chicken, no pineapple and no ham. Hawaiian indeed! Tasty enough but no idea what I was eating.

Dinner: Turkish-Italian pizzas are not Italian pizzas. Very sparse toppings, especially if you order a meat pizza. Tasty enough but again, in comparison to the Turkish restaurant and the buffet, I thought it should be better (a victim of their own success!). The service was so bad here, we waited nearly 30 minutes after our mains to order a dessert before giving up.

Rooms:
This is where they need to put in some effort - the rooms really let down the overall experience because they just look - and feel in respect to the furniture - so dated. They look like an 80s throwback: think pin & blue florals and cheap, dark woods. We were fortunate enough to have a stone floor, but some people had carpet! But you know what - you're not expected to spend much time in them, so after an initial 'oh my' I was kinda over it. I think all the rooms come with a little balcony, small table & chairs (every room I saw did) - our room looked straight on to another one so we didn't really use it.
Our bathroom was in a much better state that the main room, so I assume they've gone through and updated them. We had a big walk-in shower with a modern mixer/rain shower option.
I need to pick out the hair dryer though: absolutely awful. If you want to use a hairdryer, take your own. I pretty much burnt my hand drying my hair it takes that long and gets that hot!

Pool:
It's really big, which is awesome, but it was absolutely FREEZING while we were there. Nearly everyone stayed away from it except for the odd dip! Not sure what it would be like in high season, perhaps the sun would warm it up more!

Location:
For myself and my partner, it was really good: you're only about a 20 minute Dolmas (spelling?) ride away from Bodrum if you want to wander around the harbour, shops, bars etc and Gumbet is even closer, like a 5-10 minute walk depending on what you're after.
There's a small pebble beach that the hotel has privately, and a couple of jetties, all with sunbeds.

Activities:
There's an animation team and a kids club - I can't comment on the kids club, but the animation team were all friendly enough and we personally never felt pestered or harassed in anyway. They come around a few times a day to ask if you want to play 'Boccia' (spelling?), water polo, volleyball, table tennis, darts, football etc. If you don't want to play, just say no!

The main pool was VERY cold while we were there, enter at your own risk. I recommend taking a jump and just taking the hit all at once!

The waterslides are open for about 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon (10.30-12.30 and 14.30-16.30, I think) - I went on the blue one and it's pretty fun! Not too fast (unless you really push yourself along) and the queues (if any) disappear fast.

There are a bunch of chaps taking photos and you can have a free photoshoot with them. We decided to do this and had about a half hour shoot in the evening - it was a good laugh and we really liked the photos. We bought a CD with most of them on and a few prints too but they don't hard sell you afterwards like some places in the UK do.

We also paid to do some watersports from the beach - we did an inflatable (the 'chariot') and also double parasailing. Both were really good fun!

The evening entertainment from the animation team seemed pretty funny - we only saw a couple but I thought they were brilliant - partly because it was so bad sometimes - but they're trying to entertain children, adults, and say everything in about 5 languages. Respect for that! We also did the Quiz at the Windmill bar which was OK (it passed the time at least!) and went to the 'White Party' which was pretty fun too (an outdoor disco).

There's a supposed 'disco' every night behind the Windmill bar at Apollini (or something like that, it's inside and just passed the Ampitheatre) - we nipped in a couple of times at about midnight and it was absolutely empty, and the one time we did stay with a few others the strobe lighting was that intense I had to leave because it made me dizzy. The DJ doesn't take requests and the music wasn't really to our tastes.

Summary:
We'd go back and I will be looking next year! Definitely only for a week, I can imagine after 14 days it all get's a bit same-y.

Room Tip: We stayed in 6323 - you can hear Bar Street in Gumbet until about 3am. If you are a light sleeper, t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank LuciLu12

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your compliments. You can be assured that we will always keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. ın reagrd to your comments about the rooms, renewal of rooms is already added to our budget plannig for next year. It was a pleasure and will be an honor to welcome you here for a memorable WOW Bodrum Resort holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com

Reviewed 14 August 2014

If you decide to stay in this hotel, there are enough entertainments and plans to let you enjoy whole week in hotel. Hotel is clean with high quality foods and nice restaurants inside.
The hotel is not enough quiet! Very noisy! there is not any policy in the hotel to control the situation. each night you might wake up with load noises from drunken people or your neighbor room! Also rooms are not insulated properly; be careful what are you talking about in the room! other rooms are listening to you!

2  Thank adelsami

Dear our guest, thank you for taking time to share your comments about us. We are sorry to hear that you were disturbed by other noisy guests but in the peak season we have many young guests who are possibly not as considerate of other guests as we would like and we try to eliminate this issue by sending security staff to the area people make noise at when we are informed. Nevetheless, we will inform our management to pay maximum attention to this issue. please do not hesitate to contact me for any further hep for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Me and my couple would like to thank for all WOW personnel, for our best holidays ever! Even we came during the last week of a season (2013 end of Oct - beginning of Nov).

The hotel offered full range of entertainment with brilliant evening show/karaoke etc.

Food was always fresh and tasty - big selection everyday. I couldn't try all during our stay, so strongly disagree with those who say 'every day the same' . Italian and Turkish restaurants were amazing - for both food and service again.

Reception very helpful - as our holiday agent booked two separate beds (this was checked twice by us at the agency and we were confirmed all is ok, even though later we found out even flight tickets were not printed for us). Receptionist advised about our separate beds during the booking at the hotel, and changed to a room with a balcony without any extra fee, as well as we got nice view to the sea! The view was amazing!

We spend our days traveling and not in a room, so we were more than happy with our room. Room was cleaned everyday, as well as towels changed every day, fridge was filled with fresh drinks and beer whenever we ran out of it.

Bar was offering international alcoholic drinks for all-inclusive. All cocktails were made as requested (even Long Island Ice-Tea).

Last day our bus was at 4pm. Even though we had to book out at 12.00, we gave our keys only at 2.00 pm. We could still use bar for free after booking out time and we were offered lunch to select from menu - which was amazing. Understanding that we were the last guests in 2013, that was very nice of a hotel

Pool - always nice music, animators made a lot of funny games, but water was a bit too cold.

Beach - nice and clean, because of warm sea water, I can't say anything bad about pool :)

Transport - 40 min from the airport, city micro bus for 1 UK pound cost (in Turkish Lira) to the center of Bodrum every 15 min or 30 min early mornings/ late nights.

Strange fact - a lot of cats everywhere :)) I am a dog lover and was shocked by them at the beginning. At the end - fell in love with them and half of my pictures are with cats :)

Thank you for all these nice memories. If we were to visit the same country again for holidays - it would definitely be Turkey - Bodrum - and only World Of Wonders Hotel.

Hopefully this year our mum will bring best memories from you!!

Dovile Varanauskaite & Andrius Sutkaitis

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear our guest, First of all I would like to thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel. Your comments are great motivation for us to do even better, therefore I will pass on your message to all our staff. We will be glad to welcome you back once again at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me for any information you will need for your future vacations. Looking forward to seeing you very soon. Kind Regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com

Reviewed 13 August 2014

On arrival we were greeted and our suitcases where taking to our room. My boyfriend was able to take advantage of the all inclusive facilities straight away by going for a beer in the lobby bar. The room/bath was clean and tidy enough for our needs for a week's holiday. We were delighted with our choice of hotel as it looked like the best in the Gumbet area going by the transfer drop offs before us. Saving the best to last springs to mind. Staff nice and very hard working and attentive.

The hygiene is outstanding as they gave all guests clean towels daily and the bedding was changed every second day. We had a mini bar in the room and this was replenished with each item we had used daily. The pool cards for clean towels daily for the pool or the beach was great even though we had our own beach towels.

The pool was lovely and the area was always clean and tidied. Staff frequently cleaning around the sunbeds. The actually main pool was so clean and a good depth for all to enjoy. The children's pool was closed to hand. Good amount of sunbeds etc... at the pool and on beach and pier areas. The only down fall is you have to get up about 7am to get your towels on sunbeds at the pool or beach where every you decide you want to be for the day. By half pass 8 their is hardly any sunbeds left at the beach or pool. The hotel's towel service opens at 8am so it was advantage we took our own beach towels to ensure we had sunbeds for the day. We would later get the white hotel towels to use for drying ourselves off.

Amadeus restaurant is the main buffet, catering for all culturally cuisine as their was a variety of different nationalities in the hotel. This appeared apparent for all breakfast, lunch and dinner times. You will never go hungry as their is snacks all day in the other restaurants you have to make reservations at night for. Their is a tea time snack you can have shortly before dinner, midnight snack and late night snack which ends at 5am before breakfast start at 7am!!! You could easily over indulge if you wanted too!!!! Basically 24hrs eating and drinking facilities.

We manage to make reservations for 3 restaurants we wanted to try. We were luck as I see others reviewers on here struggled and didn't like the system of doing this. We have no complaints. We booked Mangal Park, We didn't know what to expect but my gosh AMAZING. We had our own private barbecue to cook ourselves which suited us. Excellent choice of food to cook (loads of food) and we were never without a drink. A lovely romantic setting sitting there on the beach front listening to the waves. We had the table until closing so very relaxed and enjoyed every moment.TIP (Boys so romantic it would be a great proposal spot lol if you manage to book it). There was a 16 euro supplement well worth it. Sini Restaurant (Turkish) really nice.

We booked the La Gondola Restaurant (Italian) The best pasta dish ever...pick for the starter. We really enjoyed it. Luckily we booked when the entertainment was on the beach that night. We sat comfortable after our meal watching the start of the beach party. It was magic, hilarious and spectacular towards the end...with fireworks followed by a foam party.

The entertainment was brilliant in the evening. A show followed by a live band most nights. The animation team were great with pool activities and other activities throughout the complex. A bit lively in the morning but ideal for kids. Plenty for children and families to do. If you have been to the disco or down the town I recommend you sunbath down the beach if feeling hungover as the pool is always lively!!

Go to into Bodrum lovely harbour, castle and great shopping...worth a visit. We did the Dalyan delight trip great and worth it once you finally get there. Private beach amazing there. Mud bath great. Great seeing the turtles etc... Ensure you get all the travelling details to get there as it felt like we were travelling to go to Turkey again. 4 hours to get there to start the trip from our hotel starting at 6.30am with pick ups and 3hours back...not great!!! Returned to our hotel at 8.30pm.

I have been to Turkey and stayed in a few areas and loved it each time. This was my boyfriend's first time in Turkey and he really was surprised and enjoyed it. We loved this hotel, brilliant holiday for us. However not many Scottish or English people for us to get chatting too. So we recommend going with another couple or family to this hotel. We would definitely go back to this hotel.

Enjoy your Holiday as we sure did!!!

5  Thank hols1311

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great comments about us. It was a pleasure for us to serve you. I will pass your comments to all our staff as there is no greater motivation than your words. It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me by badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Royal Asarlik Beach
#1 of 98 in Bodrum City
Tropicana Beach Hotel
Tropicana Beach Hotel
#2 of 101 in Gumbet

Been to WOW Bodrum Resort? Share your experiences!