“rubbish”

Sunhill Hotel
Ranked #64 of 98 Hotels in Gumbet
“rubbish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

first of all people are right about cats on tables .it was kind of unhygienic having stray cats wandering round whilst people ate .more to the point one actually scratched someone whilst we were there.virtually no mini disco just one girl dancing to nursery rhymes with 2 yr olds

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank caitlin m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

just returned from a 10 day holiday and had a fantastic time in gumbet the only issue me and my wife had was the standard of the hotel.
If you didn't get into breakfast early IE when it opens @ 7:30am you either had warm fruit, baked beans, dry bread or boiled egg. We went on a day trip and requested a packed lunch and it looked like it had been out all night and to top it off they gave us a dry roll and butter but no knife to spread it with.
When we got back from the day out about 21 15 we went to get a bite to eat as the restaurant stays open until 2200hrs we got in there and they had cleared everything away so we went to get a hot drink and when we tried to leave one of the staff tried to take a hot drink out of my hand and burnt me not the cleverest thing to do.
if you want cheap and I mean cheap this is the place for you. I would never stay in this hotel again the beach was more appealing to sleep on. When we checked in we were told nothing and had to find out everything for ourselves it wasn't hard but a bit of info is better than none. There is only one thing good about the hotel which is how nice & friendly the cleaners were, I must add that they done an amazing job with the cleanliness of the hotel!

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Big group of us went to this hotel, very nice hotel great views rooms are also very nice. Food ok always something u liked
Annimation staff great make this hotel a great hotel. Bar staff tended to serve turkish people first and ignore british people but we all had a great holiday. Thanks annimation team you do such a good job.

3 Thank lynne169
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Hi have just returned form 2 weeks in sunhill Gumbet.. Me and my family and friends had the best time.. The bar staff are a bit unfriendly to be totally honest as they didn't seem to serve people who had been waiting there first which was a bit annoying!! The animation team were brilliant so much fun and really enjoyed the entertainment and they were all really friendly.. I would def go back and highly recommend this hotel

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just got back here after 2 weeks and i was very upset to go there was a big party of us staying here.

The hotel is up a steep hill but only costs a couple of quid for taxi and if you go to reception taxis take seconds to turn up there are some stairs but you soon get used to it.

At first the all inclusive food was a bit disappointing until I started to be more adventurous and then i started to love the food. I do think they should mix up the burgers and chips by the pool maybe one day chicken burger or slice of pizza instead.
The inclusive drinks were watered down sometimes I suggest to get wine the beer was ok too taste like Coors.
The drinks service wasnt the best and a couple of our party did complain about this. I never had an issue as i would always ask for what I wanted before they asked even if they were busy cleaning, i think this is what they are used to.

The cleaning/ housekeeping staff were very polite and would come back if you asked. I always had clean towels and they tidied everything. Nothing went missing and didnt use the safe. One morning i was so tired a cleaner knocked on my door and I said yes please fresh towels which he got and i fell back asleep and when i woke up the whole room had been mopped and tidied around me without him waking me!

For entertainment you had turkish night, miss sunhill, bendy man karaoke, bingo, mr sunhill etc. All fantastic

The best part was the animation team they were great Alex, Andy, Sean Paul and Christiano they were lovely. Always up for a laugh. Sean paul works at shakers on a night and really looks after the people from the hotel if you go in. Andy arranges nights out to bodrum and boat parties and pub/ club crawls, popeye parties sometimes with Alex. Alex is mainly on entertainment within the hotel such as karaoke bingo miss sunhill etc. Christiano takes care of the spa in the hotel i had a foam massage which was really nice and relaxing.
These guys make the holiday they always come round the pool to have a chat they got involved with our guys playing poker etc and also they played pool football and danced round the pool.
They are great with kids the girl whos name i cant remember dances with the kids in the baby pool and the guys let the kids do face painting on them and the kids got their face painted and had access to toys colouring

I would definately recommend this hotel and stay here again if not just to see the animation guys they make the hotel fantastic.
Thanks for a fantastic holiday!!!

1 Thank VickyLeigh
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Sunhill Hotel is set on a hill above the lively resort of Gumbet. Its location is great for panoramic views and escaping the noise of the night life (that continues till at least 4am). There are steps and slopes everywhere so not suited to anyone that isn't a fan of this or maybe has pushchairs and small children.

The hotel room was great, recently refurbished with a lovely bathroom and powerful air con. However the air con is only in the bedroom, so if your room is full to capacity and people are sleeping in the lounge it could be a tad uncomfortable. The room was cleaned everyday with towels replaced - you can't fault this! Because of it being all Inc, there were no glasses etc in the cupboards, which was a bit of a shame.

The all inclusive is where it fell down, maybe I expected too much. The main meals are all buffets, and are Turkish food. Unfortunately both my partner and I became ill while over there and I think the food was the reason as I've never been ill from travelling before. I worry that the meats etc sit out on the display for too long and cool and reheat throughout the night. There is always soup which was ok and bread too. I would worry that there wasn't anything for children. There aren't enough tables in the restaurant. You have to leave one of your party guarding the table because if you both get up to get your food you will come back to another family at your table. This is a shame because the restaurant views are beautiful and it could be so stunning.

The all inclusive drinks are beer, wine, vodka, gin and soft drinks. Again maybe I was expecting too much to have cocktails, rum or whiskey included? I think I also expected bottle water in the rooms, but this wasn't the case so I was still lugging large bottles of water i'd bought up the hill.

The entertainment staff are all very lovely - Sean, Alex and Christiano, although bless them, its the end of the season and I think they were knackered!

While we were at SunHill we did a number of trips, we went to Dalyan and Ephasis, both were phenomenal!

You should also try the local bus to get around the island. You flag it down (anywhere) and hop on, pay the driver while he's driving!! To get to Bodrum its a green bus and its only 3TL each - well worth it.

I went here with my boyfriend but to be honest this is one to go to with friends!! Gumbet is a party town!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Was here with my girlfriend and we had a very good time here. Made to feel very welcome by Sean, Cristiano and Alex who also does the entertainment. They spoke the best English out of the staff and we're very good to us, they took time out of their days to come sit next to us and see how we were doing everyday and just chilled with us.
The hotel has lots of steps but don't let that put you off, you get good views from the top rooms and from the pool too. The food is good, and you learn what stuff you like and don't like, but there is plenty of choice, although the same sort food eventually comes up regularly.
The rest of the staff were all very polite and once they got to recognize us were friendly as well. Worse bit was the locals to be honest as they don't seem to understand the concept of waiting their turn, but don't let it bother you as I let it me.
Good location close to bar street if you stay here you will have a very enjoyable holiday :)

Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Bodrum Beach Resort
Bodrum Nova Suites Hotel -All Inclusive
Ayaz Aqua
Ayaz Aqua
#19 of 98 in Gumbet

Been to Sunhill Hotel? Share your experiences!