“Money taken.”

Siesta Beach Apartments
“Money taken.”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed at siesta beach for ten days I can say we had a lovely time,although the beach was very dirty and not one I would like to take my kids to also if your a single women u are swarmed with attention if yr part of a couple the staff army interested on the last day we managed to keep our room on for little cost on our return from the pool I realised my suitcase had been tapered with when I opened it I realised 140.00 English pounds had been taken when I went to report it the reception staff didn't want to know.disgusted I was I will not recommend and certainly not be going bl.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

The room was ok basic but clean. We found the staff in reception ok but the bar staff were not interested unless you were a single girl. Very noisy at night not good for families. We have been to Gumbet before and always found that having a good relationship with the staff was part of our holiday so we were very disappointed
The food looked very appettizing but when we tried breakfast it cost much more than what we could get from outside especially The Windy Bay were we could get a good full English for 4 lire. My hubby asked for the sauce but he had eaten up before it arrived!
We will return to Gumbet but defo not in these apartments

• Stayed September 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed at Siesta beach for two weeks at the end of august. As a group of 8 there was a variety of ages from teenagers to people in their 50's. We all had such a brilliant holiday, the bottom pool where they played music during the day was better for the younger generations. Whereas the Top pool was quieter and had a gorgeous view of the bay therefore suiting the older generation. The Barmen in the dolphin bar are amazing they will do anything for you, they are all completely mad but they made the holiday, without them the apartments would be like any other. The apartments themselves were basic, they were clean but after two weeks the showers and toilets weren't cleaned at all so became pretty bogging. New sheets were brought to us everyday and the floors were mopped and swept. However, some of the sheets/ towels we were given were dirty but they were replaced straight away. The apartments are about a 10/15 walk away from the lively bars so for girls wearing high heels its a bit of a trek. However there is a bus that runs to bar street every 5 minutes. The bar itself is a little more expensive than others that can be found but is on par with some of the bars on bar street. I would 100% go back to stay in Siesta Beach but mainly because of the people and the fact that the bar is open till late at night and you are guaranteed a brilliant time there. If you want a quiet holiday this is not the place to go.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

we stayed here for 2 nights only, in August.
If we'd been staying longer, I'd have asked to be moved from the apartment we were put in to be honest. It was ground floor (ie down steps from the main pathway), near the rotunda taking you up to the top pool, so had no view. It had only one sofa in the living room, and the bathroom door didn't fit in its doorway, so you couldn't close the door properly. the apartment was clean, but small. we paid for air conditioning, which worked well. Even though there were no apartments past ours on our level, we heard noise from guests coming back to their rooms each night, either from the Siesta Beach or the Tropicana next door.
We spent day time up at the top pool, which was beautiful, with glorious views over the bay. Plenty of sunbeds for everyone up there, and good service from the bar staff.
We caught one of the entertainment shows on our last night, it was great, very professional and fun.
Gumbet has become much more built-up on that side of the bay since I was there last, so for me, the Siesta Beach is just too far out of the main part of town. Its not an easy walk either, the pavements can be tricky.
The staff we met were all very nice and helpful, I'm sure they are a big reason that these apartments rate so highly.

Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I recently returned from Siesta Beach with my girlfriend after a one week stay. The room (322) we were allocated was awful - nothing like the brochure: dirty, lights didn't work, rooms very old and worn, no windows or bins. After going to management, we got moved to 318 just across from our old room, but a world away in terms of appearance. The view from the balcony was beautiful over Gumbet Bay and far enough away music to sleep.
The hotel has many steps so bare this in mind if you have any issues with this. The top bar swimming pool was very good, not too crowded and has great views over the bay.
For entertainment we went into the town so can't comment on the hotel. For meals I'd definitely recommend going to Windy Bay or Mistral Bay by the beach, and for a bar try Millennium just off Bar Street.

Room Tip: If you aren't happy with your room go to reception to get it changed.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
cheshire
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I recently spent 10 days in the siesta Beach Apartments with my family , and i want to start off by saying we had an amazing time. We were all upset to leave.
Accommodation was basic but on arrival lovely and clean , bedding and towels were changed twice during our stay , the staff come in daily to empty bins and fold a sheet or two. I had to ask for pillow cases several times as there wern't any on the pillows and we were left with no towels for two days. Safe and air conditioning are available for a price £42 for the A/c and we didnt bother with a safe as that was £30 per week.
The staff are brilliant especially on the bar and restaurant , Jd was a absolute hoot and just made our holiday all that much funnier , They really do take the time to make your holiday all that bit better . Food was lovely at the restaurant and beautifully presented. Drinks and food are a little more expensive at the apartments but there are local restaurants and bars that are a little cheaper .The entertainment was good but on a liittle late if your travelling with small children .The only thing that let our wonderful time here down, would be that we had some money taken from our apartment , but please dont let that put you off just be a little more savvy. Would i go back ? Yes , i certainly would and already considering booking for next year .

Room Tip: Apparently rooms in the 100 or 300 are newly refurbed and a lot nicer than the ones we were placed i...
Tonypandy, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I recently returned from Siesta Beach. The first room was not acceptable - no window, air conditioning in living area not bedroom, so we complained and asked to be moved, which we were the following day to a room that was so much bigger, with a beautiful balcony overlooking the bay of Gumbet (318). We had a small kitchen with a fridge so if you choose to go self catering, although you should enquire how to get the Dolmus bus to Carrefore (in Bodrum) for your shopping as the local supermarkets do not cater much. Do not take rooms overlooking the Dolphin Bar as the music is loud day and night. Or rooms 325 to 327. The accommodation is not suitable for the elderly or buggies, as there are steps to all the rooms. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, but I found JayDee to be a bit overwhelming on times. We were half board and although the breakfast is continental - there was plenty of it. Our evening meal was exceptional. A full menu to choose from everynight, so plenty of choice and large portions of everything. No need to eat out although I do recommend Windy Bay and Mistral Bay for cheap meals and drinks, if you so wish to have a change. All day breakfast for 4 lira. These bars are only a short walk along the beach. The both pools in Siesta were beautiful and clean, but the beach I found to be dirty. Empty bottles of water and cigarette ends, although it was more bearable with a lovely breeze as the temperature was in the 40's. Entertainment was pretty good, and i recommend the Turkish Night, for joining in and getting to know people. For the young there is Bar street, with its nightclubs and bars, although drinks here were expensive in some bars, best to shop around. I enjoyed Atlantic Bar, Staff very friendly and you could join in the dances. Bodrum is a must on market day, and a visit to the castle. Be warned the castle has very high steps everywhere so not suitable for buggies or elderly. I would certainly consider a return to the Siesta Beach and recommend it. Mr & MrsTewkesbury

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Dolphin Bar are noisy, Rooms 325 - 327 are dreadful, air conditioning in living ar...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pam T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Tropicana Beach Hotel
#14 of 100 in Gumbet
Luvi Hotel
Luvi Hotel
#1 of 100 in Gumbet

Been to Siesta Beach Apartments? Share your experiences!