“Accidental treasure...”

Ranked #75 of 99 Hotels in Gumbet
Andover, United Kingdom
“Accidental treasure...”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

As mentioned in previous comments, we too were mean't to stay in another hotel but were absolutely thrilled with the Sun Club Hotel, Gumbet. The food was typically Mediterranean buffet with ample variety and thankfully no sign of burger and chips anywhere!!. The staff were friendly and polite and not at all stingy with the alcohol as some all-inclusive deals. We even had all- inclusive on the last day. Entertainment with Sergio was great and very involving. The only thing that spoilt it was the moaning British holiday makers that were trying to compare a cheap holiday to Turkey with a Sandals resort...Seriously!!!. We too had an issue with the noise from the clubs but the hotel moved our room within 1 day without issue. Also the only thing that made us poorly was the vast qualities of alcohol that we had to consume simply to be polite, of course. Would definitely recommend this hotel right on the beach and we will definitely book for next year....

Room Tip: Request pool room eve time
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank EmletHickey

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
bucks
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed all inclusive here end April into may.. The room was small but clean and yes the showers were always cold.. Try showering earlier ;) The pool area was clean although we spent our time on the beach which was a stone throw.. The location was perfect.. Everything at hand.. The staff some helpful some not.. Don't expect much from reception. Their customer service wasn't great.. Entertainment... Well it was all down to one guy Sergio he tried with everyone young & old... Little star.. Friendly .. Lovely to us guests & tried to encourage all of us to join in and have a good time..
Dont be put off.. Although this hotel offers basic food & service.. For £250 I think it exceeded.. Remember you pay for what you get :-) happy holidays

London
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel all inclusive, though we should not have stayed here, we only found out we was staying here when we got to airport in bodrum. The hotel is very basic, our room was only cleaned properly twice, the food was vile we had to eat out , the staff were ok, some would be helpful, others just did not care or give guests any respect. We spoke to the manager who seemed nice enough though can't say he did much when we did complain. The bathroom was mouldy and dirty - shower was always cold, the beds were ok though I would suggest asking for an extra pillow, however we didn't get much sleep owing to close by clubs and bars music until 4 and sometimes 6am every night. In general - I would not go there for peace and quiet, decent food or all incusive as its money not well spent - the food made me badly twice - in the end we ate at near by hotel baba were there food was great. Shop around and avoid this hotel. Awful place.

1 Thank nottsLondon

Travellers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I only read reviews after booking my holiday. I was so shocked at the negative feedback that I took extra money out with me -if it was that bad I would certainly prepared to change hotels. What can i say i had a brilliant time; the staff were great- very friendly and helpful; we had quite a large room compared to others; air conditioning (free); rooms cleaned everyday. Meals were served on a roof terrace overlooking the bay-beautiful views. You cannot fault the location right on the beach and if you want to go clubbing then Bar Street is behind. I agree that it can be noisey so try and get a room close to pool and first floor. People have complained about the limited drinks well there is gin, vodka, beer red and white wine. Ok the wine is not to my taste but found the spirits ok. Georgio the entertainer was great fun - tried to engage everyone.The FOOD ok yes -it was a bit repetitive but still lots of choice -just very samey, although they did cook fresh omelettes and pancakes at breakfast on the terrace.

One reviewer even said they did not serve tea or coffee at breakfast which had me looking to buy a kettle before i went - not true you can drink tea or coffee all day long. It's true you get what you pay for but my experience well exceeded the cost of my holiday at £250 all inclusive including flights. If you want 5 star then you will have to pay for it-I'm back in Bodrum in September staying at one or the more upmarket 5* hotels costing me £1500 yes I expect it will be really nice but I am paying for that. Oh and I have travelled far and wide over many years so I do feel justified with my feedback.

Room Tip: Apparently the aparments are good but didn't get to see one
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank luanna w
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

Paid all inclusive got given our meal if u did not like it u went hungry, staff was rude and offered no service!
Dining room flooded when rained water coming through ceiling! No intertainment got ripped of by the animation guy paid so much to go into bodrum was told it was a big night club with 200 people turned up was only ones there!
Rooms was freezing at night no heating and I returned with a chest infection!

London
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Harjinder stayted with my wife and kid

I stayed their for a week and couldn't sleep properly for whole of my stay as the pub near the hotels were too noisy.caertainly not the kind of hotel for the family especially with the kid.

The food on the hotel was very bad and its repeatative all the time , no snacks in between the meals.
Talking about the facilities in the hotel , i would say nothing apart from the pool.No jacuzi no sauna nothing.
It was really badly manage.

The beach is good but shared by most of ths stary dogs their so i would say not heigenic.

Good point , staff was friendly and they did help us during our stay infact changed our room when we complaint about the noise.

Good place for the young ones who likes to party all night , location is also good and you will get basic amenities around the hotel.

Beware !!! don't book any of your tour with your hotel rep's they will charge u a lot.
Here are the latest prices for the various toursrs

Ephesis + Pammukule -> 55 Pounds per person and you can ask the travel agent for a free turkish Bath in it. It includes one night stay in pammukule.

Boat ride (Though not gud) -> you will get it for 11 pounds pp.

Turkish Bath -> -5 pounds PP but its rubbish beleive me and once you go in their they will sell diferent packages their so you will end up paying more.

If u get out of ur hotel and goes to right u will find the travel agent i booked my tour with and it was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Choose the room near to the pool , they are less noisy
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Nottigham, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We paid to go to the gumbet holiday beach 4*, we get to the airport to be told your coming sun club "yes pleeze" gets to the hotel with my mum, club accross the road boom boom. I've gone over dancing on the dance floor, got beat up by sum jeoulous cheeky boys. Anyway the room was hald decent apart from mould everywhere, smoke alarms falling of the ceiling, power sockets falling off the wall, the key card working wen it wants. But then morning came, nice pool, half decent food, cold beer, wot more do you want for £180 each. One thing though its never been 4*, never will. The staff (sergio and the manager with the glasses) were awfull, rude, fake, and tolka the rep will try and rob you blind, tried selling my mum a turkish bath for £75, yep 75. Go round the corner and you get it for £10 tops. Also if they ask to take you into reception with no explanation. Don't do it. They beat me up "again" for been to loud. If it would of been peak season, it wouldn't of happened. I got bullied. Other than that get a jeep out, go on a boat trip and embrace the scenery. So for me the best holiday, but deffo the hotel made it the worst. Well english company made it better.

Room Tip: Try and get into the west side, and nearer to the pool its quieter the rooms are massive. But don...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gareth W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Shark Club
#11 of 99 in Gumbet
The Best Life Hotel
The Best Life Hotel
#21 of 99 in Gumbet

Been to Hotel Sun Club? Share your experiences!