“The finest I've tasted outside of Istanbul...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bella Zin - CLOSED

Bella Zin
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
South Wales & Turkey
“The finest I've tasted outside of Istanbul...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have been travelling to Turkey since the mid-1980s and have experienced many wonderful holidays in and around the Bodrum peninsula. My wife, family and I have enjoyed some excellent meals in numerous restaurants in Gumbet, but their emphasis on 'international cuisine' often means that when choosing genuine Turkish food from the menu the results can be a little disappointing. Nothing could be further from the truth when visiting Bella Zin. Whenever I visit a Turkish restaurant for the first time I like to try out their İmam bayıldı; stuffed aubergine with a liberal drizzle of olive oil, as a starter (my waistline won't allow the main course option!). Bella Zin's version was exceptional - easily on par with offerings I've enjoyed in swankier (and far more expensive) hotels and restaurants in Istanbul. My wife's chicken salad starter could easily have served two (well, I did help her out!), the chicken perfectly cooked and the salad wonderfully crisp. The main courses maintained the same high standard. My kebab was perfectly spiced, the sauce being fragrant but not overpowering, and the meat wonderfully tender (I have experienced both burnt offerings and shoe leather in other establishments - this was neither). My wife enjoyed a speciality of the house, a mixed lamb and beef kofte with an excellent mushroom sauce. We were both too full to sample any desserts, but fully intend to rectify that when we return with a family group in September!
Another big plus at Bella Zin is the staff; friendly, attentive without being pushy, and very knowledgeable about the menu. The restaurant seems very family friendly, as looking around us there were several groups with young children, who were kept entertained by the attention of the staff.
Last, but not least when enjoying a relaxing holiday meal, the drinks list is extensive and very reasonably priced.
I eagerly await our next visit to Turkey to sample more of the culinary delights of Bella Zin... A five star experience at two star prices.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank MarkanGuevara

• Turkish first
Kent
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Everything about here is lovely! Staff and food! Bella zin meatballs are so yummy! Everyone has to try in Gumbet! :)

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Alr234
England, United Kingdom
“Lovely♥”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant .its very good restaurant.Fantastis meal and good servise.it is very clean place .you must try ;)

2 Thank dannyboyoo
kings lynn
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

What a lovely restaurant staff so friendly and food is excellent.. I will definatly be eating here again.. It's definatly worth a visit :-)

Visited July 2014
2 Thank teresa252
County Galway, Ireland
“fantastic restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

first time i tasted authentic turkish food it was delicious, the staff are very friendly next time i go to gumbet will definitely go back to bella zin i wish they would open a restaurant in galway.

• Visited June 2014