“WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moonstar Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ortakent
Moonstar Hotel
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Ortakent
Twickenham
“WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have just returned from this hotel, and have to say I have never stayed in a place as bad. The whole hotel is filthy to say the least, upon arrival we were put in a room, that we stayed in 30 minutes due to it stinking of damp. We got put in another room, then found out later the next couple through the doors were given our previous room, they again rejected it. The food is virtually edible. The drinks are watered down, you drink out of the most horrible filthy plastic cups.
Most people give up on the food after 2 days and go down to Viras on the prom, who produce beautiful meals. The staff have no personalities at all, when you sit down at the table you are hounded by about 12 cats, and don't be surprised next day when you are full of flea bites, the cats also drink out of the water fountain, so don't fill your bottles there. In the afternoon 2 off the staff hose the seated area down, if you are there you and your laptops etc just get wet.
When we were there, numerous people got robbed and the police were called. What i don't understand is how this hotel, is still being sold as I type as a 4 star hotel, by several travel companies. its the pits the whole place wants closing down, when we met our rep on the first morning, he told us he always gets loads of complaints about this hotel, please find somewhere else to have your holidays i wish we did, i contacted the holiday company, before we went, and got told twice, that they were unaware of the faults.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 311 and it was better than the previous room we were offered.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kieran B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Good points ; close to the beach but you have to evacuate from the beach at 6:30 because they make restaurant of it. Bad points : bathrooms are horrible , rooms are old and stinky, food is every day the same and dry and awful , the alcohol they serve is diluted. You wont get drunk with it. Service cant speak english , whatever you ask the dont understand. The worst thing is that im here at the moment waiting for police . They steal money ! The took of me 20 turkish lira. They took 100 turkish lira and 150 dollars from one guy , from the bottom of the suitcase ! Of one russian girl they took 40 turkish lira and towel. Police is here right now manager shouts at us and says its our fault ! Horrible ! Dont come here ! Ill be reposting this so everyone is aware ! When i come back home i will also put pictures of police to prove it !

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Milenakrol

Travellers are raving about these Ortakent hotels

Varna, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is a basic three star hotel and you should not expect anything more. The hotel is clean and staff are very very helpful friendly and accommodating..Nice hotel lovely location very close to restaurants of Ortakent. The great sea at Bodrum Peninsula. Looknfor a room away from the bar as it can be noisy with guests coming home late. Staff really made our stay special. I had great time with my friends. Luxuriated for two weeks in this great hotel, food fantastic, thanks Ali chef, spotlessly clean and in perfect position. It really is as good as these reviews say.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Filiz2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I and two friends stayed at this hotel in the beginning of July and after reading reviews we were not sure of what to expect before we arrived. once we arrived the guy at reception helped us to our rooms and they were more than adequate in terms of space and cleanliness. the pool is massive and we always managed to find a sunbed. the food is nice and there are many options to choose from. there is entertainment every night at the hotel from belly dancing to karaoke. the beach is a 2 minute walk away and there is a private section with free sunbeds. the staff are great and would like to thank everyone at the moonstar for a enjoyable and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: the main block balconies are generally larger
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank ali o
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I must say that when me and mum first came to the hotel, we were flattered by the pure charm the staff offered. Except for the slow order when we were shown to our room, the welcome was very warm. The man who showed us to our room even helped us with our bags - which were quite heavy! It was also very nice to see that many beds in two rooms since me and mum dislike sharing the same bed - her room had 3 beds while I had a double bed. I don't know what I expected but...their TV only had Turkish shows. I mean, Greece had some programs in English and so did Spain. I guess the music show wasn't too bad.

We were tired when we settled down but I believe my mum was pretty much shocked at the way the toilet looked. She's a clean freak but I have to agree...the standards are not that good. The toilet needs to be bleached and were the shower even washed? It looked the same to me. Plus, the toilet stinks. Really badly. I couldn't use the toilet at times and I swear I saw dried poo. Also, did I tell you that someone pooed in the pool? God. It took half an hour for them to take care of it.

But like I said, the staff...oh was the staff. The staff were charming and wonderful. I honestly would give it 5 stars alone with just that. But you know, that's not how things work. They had a nice swimming pool and the food...was nice at first but then...it is being repeated. And they had the same dessert. Every day. No difference.

Why was the shower room next to the toilet? In the swimming pool area? Plus, the toilets stink. Who would want to shower there? Plus, why were there so little seats near the pool? Mum had to wake up at 6 am to make sure we'd get a place. Also, they stole our towels. I mean, it was theirs, but it's the same thing. We want the towels back.

The entertainment must have been awesome because there was loads of noise. I sleep early and mum comes after me like a duckling, so we were asleep before 10 pm. I like that they stopped the music at midnight. No other hotel has ever done that, so we (or I) were very thankful.

However...why didn't we get a warning about the praying? I mean, god how could I have forgotten...I studied Islam in school and well, it's Ramadan so I guess 4 am praying is normal. Or is it normal every day? I got a B in my exam, don't judge. But really, they stopped the music without an explanation. Nothing. I mean, I was so confused at first. The dogs were barking and I swear I thought something bad happened.

What else? Well, you know, everything else was nice. The beach was close, I loved the animals but that's just me, and well...things can be improved but that's everywhere. I have nothing personal against it. I'd visit again but mum wouldn't. Thanks for having us!

Room Tip: I got lost with mum because of room numbers, so watch out for that! And by choosing a second floor...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Diana Miruna O
Newacstle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

This will be my shortest review ever .... dont go there, its filthy, food awful, staff not interested, bars close about 10 at night then the staff want to take you to Bodrum/Gumbet as they get drinks/money for taking people in,been to Turkey many times and this is the pits, if you do go to this dump buy some bleach, looked great on line, photos must have been taken when it was first built or another hotel ... stay well clear.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank NewacstleMarsh
Halifax, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

its a toilet enough said this hole needs shutting down asap.DO NOT BOOK THIS HOVEL. staff are all on the make .nothing more than a bunch of thieves .the food is beyond describing other than EAT AT YOUR OWN PERIL. if you are going here i pray for you me personally i would bite the bullet and not bother going .if you are thinking of booking this place after reading these negative reviews which are all spot on ,and you book it get good insurance because some one is going to get seriously ill here.

Room Tip: would rather sleep on beach
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple