“Definitely not 5 star.......”
Review of Isil Club Bodrum

Isil Club Bodrum
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Torba
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We are a family of two adults who travelled with a 14 year old boy, 17 year old twin girls and a 23 year old. This holiday was sold to us as 5 star and the price we paid reflected that. We discussed at length with our travel agents our accommodation requirements. On arrival at the hotel we were disappointed with the outside of the hotel and the uninspiring lobby. Then they told us they did not have our accommodation available - they were overbooked..! In brief, we had to make do with accommodation that was not fit for our requirements and the three girls had to share one room with a sofabed which was only suitable for a 8 year old child! The emergency rep was completely unhelpful. The hotel itself did try hard to help us and we appreciate that this was our travel agent's fault but it was still a very bad start to our holiday.

The location of the hotel however is superb with stunning views over the bay. The food was excellent and nearly all of the staff were friendly and helpful. The animation team are probably the best I've ever seen anywhere and work tirelessly all day and night. Similarly the water sports guys were friendly but the prices were very high and need to be addressed.

The down sides for us were the quality of the accommodation (Ikea meets Travelodge!). Very minimalist with no luxuries like body lotion etc. the floor was laminate and delaminating in areas. We had no terrace, just a tiny cemented area with two plastic chairs and a table. There is a frosted screen dividing a small dressing area and the bathroom/toilet. There was no privacy and you could make out your outline through the glass.. Not 5 star.

The restaurant staff were also very disorganised. You just walk in and have to find a table. We were a party of six and it was difficult at times. The staff are also very haphazard and slow to get drinks etc although they are friendly. A good manager would sort this out in no time at all and it was a shame because as I said previously the food was very good indeed. The drinks were very poor. Warm wine - not good quality. Flat soft drinks and tonic. No premium drinks unless you pay extra for them which considering what we paid for the holiday was not what we expected.

The entertainment/shows in the evening were appalling... The live bands that came into the foyer in the evening were dire to say the least and the choice of music was laughable at times. However, the animation staff are so positive and try very hard to get people up to dance etc. A huge thanks to Beverley an English lady who works with the team. She was very friendly and helpful and tried hard to make sure that everyone had a good time.

Great swimming in the sea off the jetty and lots of great watersports but again they need to cut their prices as they were expensive.

All in all we had a good time but not what we expected and no 5 star touches here. 80% French clientele and the French are not exactly the best holiday companions - some rather arrogant and unfriendly at times and boy do they get up early to get their sunbeds, another bug bear of mine.

Go with an open mind. You will enjoy it as long as you don't expect too much,

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Julia P

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from our family holiday here and we loved it. The hotel is smaller than others we have stayed in and has a real family feel to it. By that I mean it is welcoming and friendly. The staff, and there are lots of them, work incredibly hard but always with a smile. They all seem to genuinely enjoy working there.
The whole place is immaculately clean and constantly being cared for.
Our rooms were in the bungalows and were clean and comfortable with towels and sheets changed every day. Air conditioning worked well and the mini bar (soft drinks only) was restocked every day as part of all inclusive.
Food was excellent in main and a la carte restaurants. There were lots of stations in the main restaurant where chefs cooked food infront of you and it was very varied and delicious. My highlight was the two whole fresh tuna filleted and cooked infront of us. Amazing! There were always tables available and the staff got to know our tastes quickly bringing our usuals over with a smile and a friendly word.
The pool is much bigger than I'd imagined from the photos & spotlessly clean & clear.We always got sunbeds and I noted that altho I'm an early riser and would be at the pool for 7.45 for a swim & a quiet read there were still beds free at 9 to 10 am - just less choice. Also there were beds on the beach and decking. Music was played around the pool - classical and easy listening from 830 ish to 11 am then louder while they did pool games for an hour and half before lunch. I dont like banging music and actually enjoyed the music here! After lunch until 3 it was back to being mellow and even after that I still enjoyed the choice. It was never too much.
At 430 there would be a bbq by the pool and ice creams too. Waiters were constantly walking around with trays collecting any used glasses etc and you could order from them from your sunbed.
The bars were lovely with proper cocktails and each night there was live music from 9 to 10 in the main bar with excellent variety of bands.
Entertainment from the animation team was corny but fun in the theatre.The team worked so so hard all day on sports competitions, pool games and just coming round chatting and being friendly. They were very good at judging how involved you wanted to be or not & not pushy at all. Excellent!
I cannot fault the Isil Club. The ambience was lovely. Lots of couples but mostly families as it was August. People were polite and well behaved, dressing for dinner ( there was a colour theme each night! Not as naff as it sounds & not obligatory... more a bonding exercise!) and dressing for lunch too which I liked ( just slipping on a tshirt and shorts or a sarong)
The beach was Blue Flag with a lovely pontoon to swim to and water sports were great.
I would suggest taking mosquito repellent and a plug in for your room too.
We loved this place and would highly recommend it. Thank you Isil Club for a fab holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Arissfamily
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Though this place is designed as a summer holiday club, I have stayed in this hotel for a business meeting. So, what I had experienced was limited to the room, meeting facilities and the food and all these 3 aspects were perfect. Let me start with the welcoming at the reception: the personnel was very kind, very dedicated. The ottoman style lemonades offered for free at the arrival was very nice and refreshing. The room was very cute, carefully designed for all the needs of the customers. The services at the meeting room were flawless, the Internet connection without any problems. As for the food, unlike many holiday clubs, open buffet meals were all very delicious. The only possible downside is that in the evenings, there is live music at the pool area until midnight and the rooms with pool view are a bit noisy as it was in my case. As I am not very fond of holiday clubs, I would not have spent here my summer holidays, but in case you like such holidays, but, small and tidy, with a lovely location and flawless service, this place might be the right choice

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here for a few years running. It's as lively as you want it to be. If shows and entertainment is your thing - stay pool side, if its not go to the sea side jetties.
Yes from here you will hear some music, and you will hear people having fun but its not too loud.
For me the ability to join in and have fun was good when I sent with my daughter but also when I went as a married couple we also could escape to the gardens if we wanted to.
The all inclusive is 24/7 an amazing quality and super service. Buffet service but with live cooking stations and salads to die for! Yes really!
The evenings are fun, live music on the terrace most nights, very good quality performers with lots of people joining in & dancing.
The animation team are non stop working, they are friendly & helpful all day long.
If you enjoy a show they also put on evening entertainment in the amphitheatre.
If you enjoy life then I recommend this place, if you want to sit in silence this may not be the place for you.
I have visited for a number of years and wished I had this summer!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank LizB114
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

It's quite difficult to review this hotel as I think some people would love it but it wasn't what I needed or was lead to expect from how it's promoted. So, in a nutshell, the hotel itself looks very nice. The public areas including the pool are very well kept and the view very nice. The food is fine, as you would expect from AI and lots of choice. The bars are open for a long time, there are plenty of snack options and you wouldn't go hungry. The rooms aren't great. The "bungalows" are small rooms with limited hanging space, no baths, loud aircon units above the beds and tiny balconies with limited garden views. If you chose to stay in the hotel itself (thankfully we didn't) and had a seaview you'd be above the bar and band areas with zero privacy and a lot of noise. Tiny stoney beach without enough places to lay. The pool is large BUT there are games and activities for much of the day with constant music so this is not a relaxing place to chill out and read a book. There is a daily hotel dance that most people seemed to join in with - Butlins abroad! The animation team if that's your thing work hard and do their job well if you're the type that wants to join in - and speak French. It's very tough getting a sunbed unless you get up very early which is not what I expect from a five star resort. There are hardly any English people staying there which if you wanted to socialise would be an issue. I wouldn't recommend for couples wanting a romantic holiday. If you have children, like noise, get up early, like lots of food and limited sleep, you'll love it!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank StamfordHem
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I have just come back from isil club for the 2nd time, cannot fault the hotel in any way,the entertainers work very hard and are the best we had such fun, I recommend this hotel to anybody couples or families they cater wonderful for all. Food is excellent, rooms very very good, garden settings are lovely. Swimming pool, beach are excellent.

Room Tip: Any room they are all good
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Just returned from a 1 week stay at the Isis club resort and spa. Booked a Club Deluxe room with sea view and was not disappointed. The room was a good order, clean and had a wonderful sea view. Having read some of the reviews I was slightly concerned, but need not have worried. My friend and I had a great time, the staff are happy to help, the evening entertainment was good and the food in the main dinning area was varied and tasty, there is certainly no need for anyone to go hungry at this hotel. If there was one complaint it would be that the tables in the dinning area do not get cleared quick enough and you can at busy times have to search for a clean table, I would imagine during the busy summer season that this problem could become annoying at times.
A word of advice for anyone thinking of booking this hotel, do not expect a five star hotel, it is however a good 4 star, if you do experience any problems during the holiday, speak to the staff and they will do their very best to assist.
All in all we had a great holiday and we would return to the Isis Club, but my advice would be to upgrade to a deluxe room.

Room Tip: Go for a Club deluxe sea view room
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Janet D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torba
Hotel Samara
#13 of 24 in Torba
La Blanche Island Bodrum
La Blanche Island Bodrum
#2 of 9 in Guvercinlik

Been to Isil Club Bodrum? Share your experiences!