“Waste of great potential” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Voyage Torba

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Voyage Torba
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Torba
Istanbul, Turkey
“Waste of great potential”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We were so sad to see that a resort with great potential was wasted by poor management.

One would think this may be because it was the end of season or because the facility was fully booked but I beg to differ.

You could not get a standard cocktail twice. Each drink was different. Barkeeper had mostly snobbish attitude and some even said that they did not drink at all.

Entertainment team was nowhere to be found and communication was very poor. So that if a programe was canceled one would find out if you went to the location to find nothing.

We heard that the turnover of personel was 1500. That is about 3-4 persons for one position.

Location, nature and the good name of this establishment is dragged through mud by incompetent management.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank cocuklahayat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Before I start my wife and I visited in June 2012 and both agreed we could easily return to this hotel for another holiday despite the minute rooms in the main hotel. Well just to confirm that we have returned and paid an upgrade and despite the weather we have had a fantastic week.
The main issue we had before was that you could not swing a cat in the rooms and if you took two steps onto the balcony you fell off. We mentioned before that you could upgrade to deluxe area in the main hotel which had private pools and had bigger balconies, though we did not see the rooms. However just outside the hotel reception was a separate area, Torba Private. This has 46 separate rooms, 3 swimming pools plus 1 kids pool plus a restaurant/Bar for the Private guests. We upgraded before we came out with TC at £20pdy pp We had a bedroom the size of the whole previous apartment, a reception room, walk in wardrobe, and much bigger bathroom and your own balcony with 3 sun beds serviced daily. We also had a separate twin room we used as a dumping ground. The weather was so windy and cold we ended up putting the sun mattresses on the floor and enjoyed the sunshine protected by the glass protection on the balcony. You could not easily sunbathe anywhere else with the cold wind other than some sheltered areas of the adult’s pool or kids pool.
Just to reiterate there are 6 a la carte restaurants and we tried all but the Turkish which is supposedly brill but we can say the others are defiantly good. They are all themed. You can book 1 a la carte visit per holiday. Some of the restaurants are smaller so you may have to share a table but when we agreed we still sat on an individual table. We tried to book the Greek and were informed by the machine we had to book with another room as we were only 2 but went to the concierge and got in. If there is any chance of cold weather at night take a thick jumper/hoody as we were freezing but it was in October
The main restaurant served breakfast, lunch and dinner and we were spoilt for choice. Breakfast is standard but no bacon and surprisingly no beans. There is a snack bar by the beach and another by the kids pool which we found good. In the grounds there are proper cornettoes and magnums.
The Tea Bar has been renewed with a newly covered area which incorporates the PIDE service which removed the more traditional tent with a standard counter, SAD.
There is a bar where you can get tons of cakes and sweet things and Carte Dor Ice cream. There are 3 pools available to all, including a kids pool with water slides and an adult only pool.
One new thing we found was that there is a small kids area with pool and small slides and a small fun fare open at night
The beach area is narrow but has plenty of sun beds and brollies and the beach runs gently to the sea, Fantastic for kids. The sun beds are hard but have cushions. There are also 2 piers with soft loungers, 1 for adults only, there is also a decking area for adults.
There was a free shopping trip to Bodrum but we had to suffer an hour is a god shop and ½ hour in a small outlet centre store.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Private for 5*.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank neilandsteph
acengelci, Guest Relations Manager at Voyage Torba, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your nice comments. Keeping our guests happy is very important to us and we really appreciate your feedback. .

You are always welcome here .We are looking forward to seen you again.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a 100% true account of mine and my boyfriends (late 20s) week in Voyage Torba at the beginning of Oct 2013.
Right I am first going to start with the positives, Hotel overall clean and tidy, no complaints there at all. Beach was gorgeous, Food in the buffet was fantastic, delicious and the amount was huge! Chinese was great. Sky bar was a great night out, and all the alcoholic drinks were defiantly not watered down, and the measures were very generous. Maid service was excellent too. Spa was great, had a lovely treatment, defo recommended!
Boat trip was the highlight of the holiday, fab stops on boat, amazing pictures :)

When we first arrived at the hotel, the checking process was not good, we were not given wrist bands, pool towel cards or even a information booklet with a map of hotel.
Our room was not great, not 5 star at all. The bed was small, there was a stain on the bedding, our key was dodgy and we had to give the door a kick every time we wanted to unlock the door, the shower door was broken and our bathroom smelt of sewage :( we thought it would go after a day or so, so we left it a couple of days, then we had to be moved as it didn't settle, which was so annoying as we had just settled in.
The room we got moved to had faults too! The balcony door lock was broken, and the heater (was cold in evening) was not working, and again the shower door was stiff and not sliding as it should.
The pools were lovely, well the ones we could use!! we didn't know that 2 of the 4 pools were private. RESERVING OF BEDS was a complete JOKE! and this was end of season. Unless you get up at the crack of dawn and chuck your towel on, you wont get a decent bed, this was so frustrating.
Booking the al a cart restaurants was a complete and utter shambles! You have a time between 10am-2pm where you have to call the booking line. Three mornings in a row at 10am on the dot we called, and all were full!! I spoke to customer relations, as thought that maybe there was another way to book that me and my partner was not aware of.
They explained to me that this was the only way and that it was just very busy, so she put us on the reserve list.
Me and my partner went to lunch and were astonished to hear on the table next to us a waiter quietly telling a couple to come to one of the al a cart restaurants, they DIDN'T HAVE TO BOOK he would sort it out!!! OMG we couldn't believe it, so this is why they were always booked up, as the staff had there own little private booking system (obviously as they thought they would get a nice tip at the end). I let the staff know in customer relations, but because of this, we only managed to eat in three of the al a carts.
Service was poor.... at the buffet in particular, we would help our self to the amazing food, and the waiters would serve you drinks. We could be waiting 20-25 mins for them even to acknowledge us after sitting down, and by this time we had eaten our meal. Pool and beach service, well I didn't even know there was service there, we would always go up the the bar and get our own drinks, never did anyone ask if we wanted a drink.
We didn't really watch any of the entertainment, apart from sky bar party which was excellent, but what was sooo annoying was the entertainment team, every night coming into the restaurant, screeching 'HELLO! HELLO! COME TO ....., HURRY! HURRY! IT STARTS IN 10 MINS' this was totally inappropriate, coming up to your table, while your eating and doing this, fair enough announce it to the whole restaurant, but leave me alone while i'm having a romantic meal with my boyfriend!
If you decide to go on the trip of Bordrum, I do recommend, but the market was rubbish, and stay way away from the men trying to get you on a camel, at the top of the hill by the windmills. All I wanted was a pic of one on the camels, before I knew it the guy PICKED me up and put me on it!! then told my boyfriend to get on it too, I was saying 'no, no its alright I don't want a ride' then before I knew it the camel was standing up and walking about!! When he 'let' me off the camel I politely smiled and gave him 3 euros for 'forcing' me to ride his camel, and he rudely demanded 10 euros!! what a joke. STAY AWAY!

Overall I think this hotel was a 3 star, there was no coffee making facilities in the rooms also, which you would expect from a 5 star. I would not go back, the service really let us down and the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jazmine L
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Good points

Clean and safe hotel. Rooms are very smart and clean. Good bathrooms. Minibar in room is great, soft drinks, water, nuts all replenished daily. Magnum, Cornetto, Twister ice creams all inclusive!

Bus service to bodrum and back is excellent, £1 each way. So easy we went bodrum nearly everyday.

Lovely staff always smiling and willing to help out, waiters Ibrahim and Recep were great guys and all animation team very energetic; special mention to Hamdullah at reception who was very accommodating when I needed to see a dentist (typical these things happen when you're on holiday) but he sorted out the appointment and travel. By the way seeing a private clinic dentist in Bodrum was the same price as seeing a dentist on NHS in UK! Also Yesim and Marina at guest relations for being so helpful.

Special mention to our holiday rep Sue (Thomson/FirstChoice) she was brilliant, gave us great advice about things to do, places to go, very friendly and always went the extra mile to help us. Booking the Hamam with Massage through Sue is a MUST DO. One of the best things we did on holiday! Thanks Sue :-)

Fantastic ala carte restaurants; Mexican, teppanyaki was best food. Greek had the best entertainment (smashing plates, live band) by the way phoning the reservation hotline at 10:00am on the dot is a MUST, otherwise you won't get a table!
Evening entertainment was great- like Chicago the musical! Latin dancers etc.

Areas for improvement

Lack of swimming pools, only 2; we went in October where it's not that busy and the pool sides were overcrowded. Lack of sun beds too by the pools. However by the seaside there are plenty.

Buffet- it was ok, usual sort of buffet, better than other places I've stayed at but would only eat there once in a week as you should make the most of the ala cartes. But for breakfast you can't really go wrong. Buffet timings are a bit odd as I'd expect a longer opening for lunch; 7-11 breakfast, 12:30-2 lunch, 7-9 dinner. However there are other lunch places on the resort.

€60 euro for late check out (which is only for an extra 4 hours, checkout is 12) so for us who had to leave at 10pm, it would've been €100 as it's extra €10 per hour. That's extortionate. We didn't bother, locked our bags away in the baggage room and relaxed in Bodrum for the day. To be fair to the hotel they still allow you to use all the facilities and have your meals till you go. You can shower and change in the Spa which is good.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Indy_biker600
acengelci, Guest Relations Manager at Voyage Torba, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for all your great comments about us. It was a pleasure for us to serve you. I will pass your comments to all our staff as there is no greater motivation than your words It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are just back from the most amazing week at Voyage Torba. Everything from start to finish was great.
Room- We upgraded to a deluxe room before we arrived (directly through the hotel) and were very pleased when we arrived as the room was lovely. Very clean, modern and had a balcony looking over the deluxe pool. Mini bar restocked daily with cans of coke, fanta, sprite, beer, miniature vodkas, peanuts, crisps, toblerone etc all free of charge. Would be nice to have had some wine in room though.

Pools- The deluxe pool was bliss. Waiter service around the pool. Very quiet and relaxed. The other pools were very nice also. The hawaiin one especially.

Staff- All staff were very friendly and helpful. They obviously work very hard and work long hours but they do a great job. Special mention to Bruno, one of the reps who was excellent and the girl who worked at the deluxe pool bar (can't remember her name) but she was very good also.

Food- the main restaurant was great! HUGE selection to choose from, something for everyone. Waiters in restaurant were very good. We chose to eat in 4 of the a la carte restaurants also. (Booking was easy, dont know what other people have been doing to experience such problems, you just phone at 10am on the dot and we were always able to book). Chinese and Turkish restaurants were AMAZING! excellent food, service and atmosphere. Mexican was ok....tiny portions, ok food, but staff were lovely.
Italian wasn't great. Food was bland, basic and not 5star but this didn't ruin anything for us as we went to bodrum after and had something else.

Facilities- the hotel has everything you need to have a great holiday and more! Hairdressers, photo shop, Spa, watersports, lots of bars and snack bars to chose from, private beach. The jetty is lovely to sunbathe on! The white party at the SKY bar was excellent. Drinks are all brand names and waiters will make you anything you want.

Overall an EXCELLENT holiday and we are already planning another visit back next year. Thank you Voyage Torba! :)

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank AMM2589
acengelci, Guest Relations Manager at Voyage Torba, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
You are always welcome here .We are looking forward to seen you again
Lichfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel exactly one year ago and rated it highly and came back again last week and have to say it is still as good

The resort is spread over a wide area and never seems over crowded like many resorts. The all inclusive is just that and runs 24/7 unlike many other resorts

The staff at this resort are very friendly and always happy to help and the grounds are kept immaculate.

The food is very good for a large scale buffet operation with an extensive selection always available and this is supplemented by the themed a la carte restaurants around the site. These are really good with one notable exception.....The Italian.....this was bad last time I came here and is still bad. This time food from a party of six of us was sent back 4 times as it was cold....lasagne still stone cold in the middle. It is obvious the food in this location is pre cooked and warmed up and it is simply dangerous to serve cold food in this situation. I am not sure why is was not possible to get the food for all six people and a variety of dishes heated to an acceptable standard....we left and went to the buffet but sadly it had closed and we never got to eat that night

I reported this to guest services who told me they will improve this....but they said that last year....time to close it I think as it is the one area of the operation which let's down the overall experience....I would recommend you avoid it totally !

The Greek and Turkish locations are particularly good and well worth making sure you get into, I often read reports about the booking system for the a la carte restaurants being difficult and am at a loss to understand why....here is my tip and it works

You call 8888 at 10am when it opens, it is an automated system. Start dialing at 9.59am....I got on within seconds everytime. The response after selecting your location always says 'the table for your required number of guests is not available, would you like to share a table?'....press yes and you complete your booking and in reality you never have to share a table anyway....by 10.01am I am out of my room and on a sunbed....not sure why I read reports stating ' I sat in my room until mid day trying to book a table'.....it really is simple

Stayed in a deluxe room and arranged this locally and not through Thomas Cook who wanted a ridiculous price to upgrade and the room was lovely and had exclusive use of the de luxe pool areas

We experienced really bad weather for 4 out of 7 days sadly....with torrential rain for 36 hours and the resort paths like rivers and then 3 days of very, very cold and very strong winds....never experienced this in Turkey before. The resort staff responded admirably by offering rain macs free of charge to all guests when it was raining and when it got cold fleeces and fleece wraps were given out....never seen this happen before and it was a great touch and made the conditions a bit more bearable

The spa has now been taken into Voyage ownership rather than contracted out as was the case last year, the treatments are great and the experience was even better than last time

I would return to this resort again and probably will do again next year it represents good value for money and gets most things right

My tip would be: Be nice to the staff, they work unbelievably long hours, and appreciate your understanding, in return they look after you well

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Vic100Lichfield
acengelci, Guest Relations Manager at Voyage Torba, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear guest, thank you very much for all your nice comments. It is great to hear that you had a memorable holiday. It was a pleasure serving you and would be an honor to have you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further help for your future vacations. Best regards,
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Ok...where to start! Firstly let me be honest and say that arriving in the early hours of the morning, sleep deprived, headachey and grouchy from a night flight, does not make for a great first impression of ANYTHING. Voyage Torba was no exception and did not tick the all the boxes upon arrival. The approach road which runs off into Torba itself, via uninspiring rabbit warren streets to the hotel frontage, is not aesthetically pleasing with vacant lots acting as literal "waste" land for all manner of flotsam. The hotel looks ok but - just ok, no sense of "Yes, THIS looks nice!". As its walled, there is no sense of what's inside. Check in was swift, efficient, courteous, bellboy insisted on bringing our luggage and escorting us to our room. 4284....an upper storey room, with balcony,in a courtyard setting. Again...first impressions not bad ...but just not...exciting! Whilst it had all he necessary appointments, it was small and bland in its colour(less!) scheme, the sink was not in the bathroom, slippers -yes, but no robes, standard hotel hairdryer (ie more ornament than use!), the quilt barely covered the bed, only one pillow apiece and -horror of horrors - there was no tea/coffee making facility! We rang reception to request extra pillows (which arrived within seconds) but decided to sleep on all the other irritants. THAT was a good decision! Trust me - if you want to grumble, then grumble.....but do it AFTER a night or two when you are rested and refreshed and sure what youre grumbling about! For us, having stayed at Club Letoonia in Fethiyre last year (which we really rated btw) -Voyage Torba was a slow burn at first but continued to woo us over
So then....how was the rest of it? Well the only initial criticism that didnt change was the lack of in-room tea/coffee making facility. You can get a cuppa, readily, at any hour of day or night but thats not the point! Im English and I like my own kettle! I have absolutely no doubt however, that had we asked for one, the hotel would have obliged because they really do work hard to look after you. We just didnt bother because we got into an "afternoon tea routine"....... Turkish, with milk, in a cup!
Id also (personally!) have liked wine available in my room...maybe those mini, single-glass bottles that you can get....since the fridge was stocked with just about everything else including beer. I just like a glass of wine as i dry my hair and get myself ready to go out to eat. Small things......everything else was perfect. Absolutely no complaints.
Of all the things we overheard the most, the biggest critisicm was "this ISN'T a five star hotel....believe me, weve travelled a lot and weve stayed in five star hotels in Singapore/Egypt/Timbuctoo!" etc etc ect. Well guess what, people?.... so have we! But youre not IN Singapore, Egypt or Timbuctoo - youre in Turkey and we've learned you cant compare like for like outside of the country you're in! In Turkey, by Turkish standards then, this hotel is good and deserves its rating. The facilities are excellent, everywhere is immaculately maintained and we liked that there are numerous pools (always some sun to be found somewhere!) and some adult only areas. Ok - so a minority of people bagsie the "best" sunbeds and then trogg off leaving them unattended all day. Yes its irritating but to be fair there is NO shortage of sunbeds. The food was a spectacular array which daily endeavoured to cater for every, taste, whim and nationality. Again, i heard cries of "but there wasnt enough variety/too much of the same thing every day" etc etc etc. GUESS WHAT? -if you WILL insist on putting every last thing on the same bloody plate, its gonna get a little samey!! There is EVERYTHING you could expect, and then some, together with branded drinks and fabulous cocktails. The a la carte booking system is frustrating but i can totally see why it works for the hotel. We tried the mexican and the chinese (both very good), unfortunately had to cancel our reservation for the Turkish as i had a migraine and simply ran out of time for the rest. Entertainment was generally very good and we loved the Panorama bar for pre-dinner drinks and Sky bar as a place to hang out after dinner.
ALL the staff were excellent and Letoonia could learn from you here.....smiley, warm, obliging, good humoured. They work incredibly hard and some guests' manners leave much to be desired. Special mention must go to Fatima (maid service/housekeeping) who -after a storm the night before -fashioned together a posy of flowers from fallen stems and gave them to me (very sweet)...and of course, to my toyboy, Ridvan! (the notes were hilarious, as was the salt in my husbands tea). Truly -you will be missed!
I have never yet returned to the same place twice when there are so many lovely places in the world to choose from. However, i would be very happy to return to Voyage Torba and would like to thank you for an unreservedly positive holiday experience. Xxx

Room Tip: 4284 is centrally situated
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachael G

You are always welcome here .We are looking forward to seen you again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torba
Rixos Premium Bodrum
#4 of 24 in Torba
El Vino Hotel & Suites
El Vino Hotel & Suites
#1 of 100 in Bodrum City

Been to Voyage Torba? Share your experiences!