“Location Location Location”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Torba
shrewsbury
“Location Location Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Husband and I stayed here from 3rd October for one week.
Just wanted to catch a cheeky break for the last of the summer sunshine, and what a treat we had!
Only booked last minute and really didn't know what to expect as read mixed reviews, so went with an open mind. We have stayed in Turkey several time before (Marmaris) so knew what to expect regarding the turkish hospitality, but had never tried AI.
Well, we were very pleasantly surprised. The food was exceptional considering the volume of guests they have to accommodate, and branded drinks plentiful and always served with a smile! We particularly liked the Panorama bar for pre-dinner and after dinner relaxation, playing cards, or chatting and drinking with some of the lovely friends we made.
The party night at the sky bar was also exceptional, and all staff involved went the extra mile to help all guests have a great time.
Room was good and serviced well throughout our stay with mini bar re-stocked as if by magic!
Could really go on and on about the positives of our stay, but the main thing for us was the location which was absolutely delightful (despite a couple of days of inclement weather with 2 or 3 days of high winds and cold evenings)!

Would we return? Absolutely, most definitely yes, but would probably choose earlier in the year when better weather would be guaranteed and we could make more use of the the lovely beach facilities!

Well done and thank you to all management and staff. You deserve to be proud of yourselves.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank cnkluvstravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
notts uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 10 nights and this was too long. The hotel as it stands is beautiful, fantastic facilities, pools, beach, restaurants and bars. The hotel room was perfect, with 2 bedrooms and in a quiet location but close to all the facilities. The gardens are well looked after and no litter anywhere. The beach is cleaned every night and all pools and pool sides are very clean as is all of the hotel. The food in the buffet is very good but repetitive and the food in the Chinese, Mexican and Turkish also very tasty...but not a la carte as advertised.

Our massive bug bare was the service, it was the hotels biggest failure. I will go through a few and you will get the idea.
*when we got there no bell boy, passed one on the way to the room as we decided to find it ourselves, he did help with a bag he carried it up to the room, once tipped by my husband he passed me on the stairs as I was carrying up a buggy a bag and child and he just watched.
*no cot duvet and safe locked
*room wasn't serviced on the first day so mini bar not stocked up mainly needed water. Asked at reception for it to be done before dinner, got back still not done.
*mini bar only done once the whole time we were there without been asked, had to ask every day for it to be done.
*dirty glasses left in the room, toilet rolls not replenished.
*patio door left wide opened by the maid
*dirty laundry and rubbish outside our room for 4 days, had to ask 3 times to get it moved
*a broken glass had been smashed outside our room and been brushed to the corner that was there 2 days. Had to ask twice before that was removed.
*a la carte telephone booking systems a joke. The only way you could get in is to go down to guess relations at 10, to be put on a reserved list as always full, to have to go back at 4/5 to see if you got in.
*last 4 days only 3 restaurant open
*pool bar staff very rude and more interested in their phones.
*service in the buffet restaurant was slow and had to get someone's attention for coffee in the morning.
*branded spirits had all 'finished' as had a lot of drinks as end of season.
*at the beach bar for lunch nearly every meal was ordered wrong and brought to us a different times.

I could go on and on. I did write to the guess relations manager on day 4 and told him all of the above, but didn't hear a word from him and was there for another week after. So we decided just to get on with it as was going to ruin our holiday as it was just irritating little things which should be done as standard. We go on holiday for just that. If I wanted to go self catering I would of done so, but I want my room to be serviced I want to eat out and be looked after as this is what I expect from a 5* hotel. But unfortunately when your having to ask for things to be done day in day out it becomes a chore. Having to go to reception to get into a restaurant twice a day mostly to be told its full is more than annoying.

I must say mostly when we did phone for waters, juice etc it was brought up straight away. But it's the fact it should of been done during room service not after us getting back and finding it's not been done again.

After been there for the first day we asked if they had any deluxe 2 bedrooms which we could upgrade to, to be told no to find out now they do and did have availability.

I understand it was the last week of the season but I didn't pay any less than someone going in the peak of the season so I'm very annoyed we got below parr service. Having spoke to lots of guests everyone thought the same. It's been a very disappointed stay and would never go back and would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank butchNottsUk
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Alles goed verzorgd. Mooie nette, schone kamers. Eten geweldig voor ieder wst wils!!!
Everything very welk looked after. Nice clean rooms. Food was wunderfull, lots of choise.
Very nice a la carte restaurants. Maybe the staff good be a litle bit more friendly but they did there jobs. Nice aqua park, nice beach.

Room Tip: Every room is located very nice
2 Thank Esthermeent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had paid extra for a two room sea view apt - on arrival we were absolutely thrilled. Porter greeted us and took our bags whilst we checked in and then he delivered our cases in a timely manner.

The sizes of the rooms were more than big enough with a modern decor and clean too !! We opened the balcony door to our own private area - the pool, our own allocated sunbeds (no early rising to put towels out) and a private bar area which was manned throughout the day.

Our cleaner came each day and thoroughly cleaned and re stocked our supplies of drinks (branded), shampoos, body lotions, towels etc everyday.

Breakfast - well if you can't find anything you like then you must be a very fussy eater!!
Although the description on the food was a bit random - in fact it made me laugh!! Milk eggs is scrambled eggs, and a five minute egg is a boiled egg!!

Lunch - plenty of restaurants to choose from. Service was very fast. Ice creams available all day - again all branded (magnums/ cornettos)

Dinner -We had two nights out of seven where we had a bit of trouble booking into the alacarte restaurants - but this was resolved very professionally by the guest relations.
We tried Greek, Chinese, Mexican, teppanyaki and the Turkish. All excellent!!
The teppanyaki was amazing - and definitely worth paying the extra for.

Turkish kebabs!!!! WOW!! I love them - I'd have taken the little lady home with me if I could have.

Patisserie was lovely - all gateaux a seemed to have a layer of banana in though?? They were still lovely but don't quite beat British cream cakes.

Gym- a little small and got very warm but still provided the majority of machines required whilst on holiday.

Spa - very relaxing - worth trying the Turkish bath - bubbles - and body scrub.

Beach - more than enough beds for everyone. We even had drinks and icecreams brought to us.
Our children had more than enough activities to entertain them.

I loved the fact that the whole complex felt like it was a little cobbled village.

Staff were very friendly, and management were constantly walking around checking everything.

The only reason I have placed this as a four (4.7) star is :

1) main restaurant - large dining room table we sat at was not cleaned properly and the mats were a bit grubby from the previous diners.

2) main restaurant - food could have been hotter.

3) not enough fresh fruit on offer - melons etc.

4) hot drinks - lattes etc could be so much nicer.

Overall I would revisit voyage Torba again - but would definately recommend anyone to pay that little extra for one of the delux areas. This made the holiday.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Helenh1234
Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We got back from 2 weeks in this hotel earlier today, stayed from 17th - 31st October 2013. The hotel itself is right on the beach and the layout of the Voyage Torba is excellent for all ages. When we arrived I asked if there were any upgrades available for myself, husband and 2 teenage daughters. We had booked 2 standard rooms and they offered us a duplex (2 storey, 2 bedroom, sea view) at no extra cost. the room was larger than a standard but was like 2 rooms joined by a staircase with 2 balconies. No fault at all with the accommodation.

despite earlier reviews complaining about the a la carte restaurant booking system, we had no issues and ate at pretty much all of them, the Chinese and Greek being our favourites for quality of food and entertainment.

The complex was closing on the day we left for the winter and we did find that things were running down during our 2nd week, no English tea in the main restaurant, not always having ice cream available, some drinks not stocked in all the bars, and no croissants at breakfast for the last couple of days - horror! food was of a good quality but being a large restaurant it did tend to feel a bit like a butlins 'all in' option of my childhood at times.

The service in the restaurants was a bit hit and miss at times, not always getting the orders correct, and bringing food to the wrong tables in the wrong order. this spoilt what was otherwise a fantastic hotel. I would like to compliment some staff though, reception team who were very efficient and knowledgeable, and the barman in the beach bar who kept us plied with drinks in the evenings whilst we sat on our terrace. I didn't catch his name but he was very friendly, helpful and hopeful his cocktail juggling skills are improving daily!

the watersports option on site was very good, some motorised, that you pay for, but also canoes, pedalos that were free as often as you liked and rarely did you have to wait long to have a go. sunbeds on the beach were plentiful but I would imagine that it would be difficult to get a sunbed in the pool areas during high season.

The entertainment was okay, take it or leave it in my opinion but then we were there for the sun not the discos or partying. The complex is immaculate, well tended and very peaceful during the day with plenty of places to eat or drink. We took the dolmus into Bodrum 2 or 3 times and found the experience of bartering in the market very entertaining, my 13 year old daughter was better than us in the end!

would I go here again? yes, but hopefully the staff/service would be better next time!

Room Tip: always ask to upgrade if you can, the seaview or deluxe rooms are in a nicer location and you have m...
england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

my family stayed for 1 week on the 21st oct 2013 first the good points
the hotel is impressive looking with lots of facilities.
The room was small but clean.
There was an amazing area for small children and the staff were fantastic.
Bodrum town was stunning a must! all the locals were so kind and friendly.
The food was amazing when you got served.
The staff on the whole were friendly and my cleaner was loverly
The spa was fantastic 5 star plus amazing!!!
Bad points
Delays in food due to poor ordering systems, 4 days in a row i either had to reorder or wait an overly long time due to errors.
It was impossible to book the ALcarte I complained and did get a booking for the Chinese. it took 2 hours to get the food as half the order was missed, the head waiter addressed this but then the 2nd order still was wrong, The puddings got missed as the waiter did not understand us and again we had to complain.
The food in the main restaurant was nice but did get repetitive.
The service was very slow.
Overall this was a good holiday its a shame that just a few minor issues bring this hotel down a bit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Me & my partner stayed her for a week in October, we arrived late at night on the 3rd October & was greeted with a friendly welcome & was shown to our room straight away, the room was clean & modern, the fridge was stocked daily & the room cleaned daily too, we had a view over the pool which was a lovely sun trap.
The beach was realaxing especially the jetty & plenty of beds available, the beach snacks restaurant was really enjoyable food, all the food was great even in the main Buffett area & the desserts were to die for, we went to the Italian & Mexican alacarte restaurants both were lovely you stood more chance of getting booked in if you left it a bit after 10am to book & if you did have problems getting booked in guest relations would book for you. All the staff were fantastic & the guys behind the bar were brilliant but watch out the cocktails are strong!! I really could not fault this hotel or it's staff I'd go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torba
Rixos Premium Bodrum
#1 of 8 in Guvercinlik
El Vino Hotel & Suites
El Vino Hotel & Suites
#1 of 99 in Bodrum City

Been to Voyage Torba? Share your experiences!