“This place was FANTASTIC”
Review of Blue Dreams Resort

Blue Dreams Resort
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Torba
Reviewed 23 September 2008

After finding out that the hotel we originally wanted was completely booked, we found Blue Dreams the following day and booked it right away. Boy am I glad we did. This place was fantastic.

I can't speak for the people on this site who didn't seem to like this place, but I gotta tell you that I've never had such a relaxed stay in my life. Bodrum is the coolest little town I've stayed in awhile, and Club Blue Dreams was everything I thought it could be. We stayed in room 523, which had an incredible view and tanned on the beach every day that we were there.

It's true that the food can be a little generic, but hey that's what all inclusive is about. If you want something a little more diverse, then you probably should stay in a hotel and not a resort.

Overall, the staff was very helpful and polite. It's true that there is a lot of climbing involved in staying at Blue Dreams, but that's pretty much the way it is throughout all of Turkey.

Oh, and by the way, you have to try the Spa. A Turkish Bath is the coolest! It costs some money, but it's totally worth it.

If there was anything I would change, it would have to be the silly wristbands they make you wear throughout your stay. They are kind of awkward.

Aside from that, Club Blue Dreams is a home run!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MSP_de_CA

Reviewed 16 September 2008

The hotel was a real bad exprience!
The food is terrible
The service is realy bad
The alcohol is local and after 00:00 is in charge!
The employees are realy rude
You need to climbe a lot to get to the rooms.
There is no aircondition all over the place.
If you want to enjoy your vacation DONT GO THERE!

• Stayed: September 2008
3  Thank morush
Reviewed 5 September 2008

This was not my first choice Hotel .My familyand i arrived on the 11th of August 2008 and were pleasantly suprised by the quality of the hotel . I had read some negative reviews regarding the Hotel before we arrived and i was a bit apprehensive . I shouldn't have worried as the view from the main pool bar area was breath taking . The staff were excellent and made you feel welcome and spoke good English . The food was of a good quality and there was plenty of it . There was never a problem finding a place to sit for any of our meals at the main restaurant . The drinks on offer were of good quality served in by friendly barmen . If you were looking for a quite area to chill there was a shaded area called the tea garden where it seemed that the Turkish holiday makers would go in the heat of the afternoon to play backgammon . The only negative that i can raise is the amount of steps , i had room 636 and we counted 118 steps to our room . Other than that i had a great holiday with none of the usual problems getting sunbeds or the feeling that there were loads of people in the complex . i would recommend sunbathing on the piers down by the watersports . I would ignore some of the reviews stating that they didn't do an English cooked breakfast and the fact that there were to many foreign people at the hotel . Firstly Turkey is a Muslim country so they don't eat pork and secondly remember we are also the foreigners as well . I can't finish this review without mentioning the animation team and Chris in particular who would wander around the pool area trying to get guests to join in the fun and games . like i said earler a hotel that is well worth a visit .

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank moonchester85
Reviewed 21 August 2008

The hotel has everything, very nice rooms, apartment structure, 5 pools, plently of restaurants, good quality food, well organised entrtainment, lovely sea and friendly staff.

During the day time, the entertainment was good, with plenty of activities. There are several places to go to eat, snack bar, tea garden, buffet restaurant, pattiserie and a lady who makes fresh kebab-type things.

If you want to play in the pool, there is one big pool and a slightly smaller one above it. There is a kids pool, and a plunge pool linked to the water slides. There is also a large indoor pool if you want some peaceful swimming.

The rooms are spacious and the bathroom is very large. The room quality was greta, with Sky TV, air-con, fridge etc

Although not a genuine 5 star hotel, this is ceretainly one of the best hotels in the area, which its own private access to the sea. There is no beach however this is compensated for by the on-sea decking which lets you sunbathe right on the sea and steps to go into the sea.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank screenname100England
Reviewed 28 July 2008

Club Blue Dreams or 1000 stairs Hotel. It should be a 5* hotel, but unfortunately it isn’t. The worst thing in the hotel are the rooms. A 12 m2 room where you can’t feet a third bed can be rated 2* or max 3*. As I wasn’t satisfied with my room, I changed it after a “friendly” discussion at the reception. Everything that I was offered (and I saw 3-4 rooms) was miserable. A room with a sea view, for which I was asked to pay 15 Euro extra, had a balcony with less than 1 m2. You could put only 1 chair on it and nothing else. All the rooms looked very old and need some investment. Cleanliness of the room: worst I have ever seen. For the first 5 days all they were doing was making up the bed and changing the towel. So I had to pay another visit to the reception desk and I had a nice, clean room the next 3 days. And they went back to their old way of cleaning the room the last 2 days of my holiday.

The hotel has a main restaurant with a magnificent view and excellent food, so I decided not to use the rest 3 a la card restaurants. Complements for the chef and for everybody working in the restaurant.

There are various bars in the hotel, but there is a place in the hotel called Tea Garden in which we spent a lot of our time, for the first coffee in the morning and for the last drink in the evening. It is a peaceful green garden in the hotel with a magnificent view of the sea.

The hotel has 2 swimming pools for adults who are more or less like every pool in a summer hotel and has 1 small children pool which is completely separated on a different level from the other pools. Next to the pool is the playground for children and the mini club. A great place for the children altogether. The only bad thing was that some of the parents were forgetting that the children pool is not for grownups.

The beach: if you are after a nice sandy beach, forget it. It is all rocks and big wooden platform. They tried to create a small pebble beach at the end, but it is completely occupied by the water sports & diving center. So, if you are with small children, you have a problem to get into the water. The sea is very clean and very warm, so when you manage to get inside you can stay in for hours. Another thing, the sea is calm in the morning, but with waves is the afternoon.

My main concern on my way to Bodrum was the temperature which was always 36-37ºC, but nice calm wind is blowing all the time so it is noting to worry about.

One more thing, there are too many stairs in this hotel, so you have to pass 20-30 stair to get to your room, or to get to the pool, or to the beach. There is an elevator that takes you from the main pool area to the beach, which makes things only a little bit easier.

If you decide to go to Bodrum, it will take you aprox. 15 min. with small buses and they run regularly on the main road.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Sapkar
Reviewed 19 July 2008

Just back from Club Blue Dreams having stayed for 1 week. Oh my god it is in such a beautiful setting it is like paradise. We were lucky and stayed on the 1st floor room 127 which had a swimming pool outside our balcony and it was fantastic. We were there on 11th July and it was very hot 40 degrees plus. The food was very varied but lacking in meat. I lived on the beautiful Turkish bread, salad and cheese and the gorgeous cakes and fruit. There was variety but I personally didn't like it. They seemed to cater more for the Germans, Dutch and French. The staff were all very friendly and the maids worked tirelessly all day. We had a room which I think had been refurbished and it was nice but the bathroom was very small and we only had a shower. Overall we had a fantastic time and I would definitley go back again it was a great holiday.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank summer2008London
Reviewed 4 July 2008

The place is quoted as a 5* but the reality is in the region of 3*plus at best.Don't be put off by that because the place has it's own charm as its facilities are spread about and you are not hemmed in.Set on the side of a hill it is tiered from the water line at about 7 levels with a novel light house elevator from the water line up to the large pool and bar area.
The accomodation is set at 3 levels with lots of steps in and around the 2 storey villas and if you manage to get the rooms at 1st & 2nd levels you will have a spectacular view of the gorgeous bay to wake up to every morning you are there.We stayed in room 233 and I have posted the view from our bed.
Food was a little wanting for us as we soon tired of the menu.There was always some thing you could eat but we never saw steak or lamb chops in a whole 2 wks.Lots of rice and potato wedges with an offering of mash and stir fries galore. Plenty of salad but no cold meat to accompany it.Cheese was the best offering to go with your salads.Staff cooked some of the meats at separate cooking stations and the meat was always chicken in every form.Liver stir fry and chicken of course and lots of pasta.
|The best part was the selection of cakes and sweets with every meal and also at the Pattisserie during the late afternoon.
The courtesy bus quoted in the brochure that runs in to Bodrum was not available due to complaints from the Dolmus operaters who had lodged a complaint that it effected their income. But we were told that it was broken down to off set any nattering of the rep. You get to know the truth eventually when you ask every time you have tackled the hill out to the road to get a Dolmus in to Bodrum.The fare is very cheap on the Dolmus at 2 ytl but a taxis will cost 25 ytl.Do go in to Bodrum it only takes 15mins.
The 2 bar men at the main pool bar "Jim Clarey & Tom Cruise" as they like to be known are a good laugh and real graffters. Bung them 5 ytl every now and again or a snickers bar each and your glass will get filled with out asking.
All that said we enjoyed our stay and left with a good impression of that corner of Turkey.It is a place we will always visit.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrippersCastleford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torba
Rixos Premium Bodrum
#18 of 24 in Torba
La Blanche Island Bodrum
La Blanche Island Bodrum
#2 of 9 in Guvercinlik

Been to Blue Dreams Resort? Share your experiences!