“NAZIM and EMEL were brilliant waiters, Superb views, food and facilities”
Review of Club Blue Dreams

Club Blue Dreams
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Torba
London, United Kingdom
“NAZIM and EMEL were brilliant waiters, Superb views, food and facilities”
Reviewed 4 June 2009

We have just returned from a fortnight in May and I must say the staff cannot do enough for you.............especially in the Restaurants/Bars and Reception. I would strongly reccomend that you try and sit in Emel or Nazim`s section in the main dining area as they are the most polite, entertaining and helpful waiter staff I have ever encountered in a restaurant. They always kept us topped up with drinks and served us at our tables when we had returned from the self-service buffet..............which was delicious.

I would reccomend the pancakes at breakfast with some of the cherries sprinkled over the top. The omeletes are very nice as is all the food. The Kebab restaraunt is worth visiting 2 or 3 times and was the best out of the other restaurants and they all have very romamtic sea views across to the sometimes ghostly islannds that emerg from the ocean.......................extremely breathtaking .

The hotel wasn`t fully geared up for full capacity and therefore some of the themed restaurants/bars/disco were closed but I believe they are probably now up and running. We did go to the disco one night, it was open-air and I think it could be really good once the season gets into full swing.

I would reccomend earplugs if you have the odd early night as the music from the hotel across the bay is quite loud.......................but as you are on holiday I would try and "get down and party with the kids".

Great for a relaxing holiday but not so good if you want to see the ancient sites of Turkey apart from Bodrum Castle which is nearby, the rest are too far to travel to.

We would reccoment the excellent Spa..............very good service and friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
derbyshire
Reviewed 15 May 2009

The best part of the hotel for me was the decking area by the sea. Plenty of sunbeds plus bean bags/ very relaxing with a view of the bay which is absolutly beautiful. There are several bars jotted about,I prefered the beach bar, but if you prefer music and games then the pool area is exellent too.
My room had been refurbished just prior to my arrival(they were still working on neighbouring rooms) The standard was very good with laminate flooring and a modern theme. There was a wonderful sea view from my balcony, out across several small islands. I would point out that a small number of rooms had neither views nor balcony and I would not have been so happy with one of those.
I found the staff friendly and helpful with the rooms cleaned daily with fresh towels provided for the beach as well as the room.
The food was as you would expect exept for some possibly lacking an english breakfast, although a chef was frying omlettes to order in front of you.
The only problem for me was a couple of nights music fr the neighbouring hotel was blasting out untill 2am,so loud the floor vibrated with the base making it impossible to relax, i've been to rock concerts with less decibels.
There is a regular bus every 10 mins into bodrum, from there it is easy to get anywhere on the peninsular, I believe they run until 3am so getting around is no problem.After taking trips into bodrum and gumbet I was relieved to get back to the peace/luxury of the hotel. The general location is perfect being close to the airport and bodrum for shopping/nightlife.Altogether a lovely break.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
chesterfield, derbyshire
Reviewed 14 March 2009

I decided I would treat my daughters and grand-daughters to an all inclusive holiday in an hotel that appeared to have everything for an enjoyable stay. Having requested a cot, on arrival in our room at 04 15 there was not one, nor was there bedclothes on the double bed. The cot was brought but no bedding for the cot or the bed! The room was hardly what you woud call clean. When my 6 year old grand daughter decided she would like to go for a swim the pool was freezing so we went to the indoor pool, which was also unheated. The water chutes were not open, the shops on site opened when it was convenient to them and there was no evening entertainment. With regard the food - well, if you were not one of the early evening eaters you would be unlucky if a popular dish ran out, that was it. It would not be replaced, just substituted for something else, eg. chicken all gone, replaced with pasta.

Our pickup was delayed so i asked if we could keep the room until 02.30 and was told this would cost another 100 euros. I pointed out that we had not arrived until 04 00 and was told the room had been ready from 12 00 (?bedding) I also mentioned we were the last holiday makers and that there would surely not be a rush to clean it but they would not oblige. As it was the last night, the staff had a party - the first entertainment we had seen/heard throughout our entire holiday.

Having writen to the holiday company in October, to date I have only received a letter acknowledging mine and it is now MARCH!

Be careful. What looked like it was going to be a wonderful holiday, turned out to be a nightmare.

1 Thank myrtle52
megzmcc
Reviewed 18 January 2009

We went towards the end of season after our other hotel wasn't actually open, but I'm glad we were put in this hotel, I had a superb time; so much better than the one we were planning on going to. The staff were great, really friendly willing to help with everything, my mum has a bad leg and they were very helpful with putting her and my dad on the bottom row and putting myself and my brother beside them with no hassle caused.

The animation team were really enjoyable with the shows they put on which I ended up being dragged on for a number of, was fun though. The food was really good, me and my brother would be very picky with our food but there was always loads of choice for us, and if you didn't like anything in the main restaurant the snack bar was open 12-5 so if we fancied a bit of home comforts we got some fries and hot dogs.

It's in a great location, not far from the airport and not far from Bodrum, was ideallic for me, hate being on buses for too long. The only thing was when it says beach, they mean decking, there is a small bit of a beach but its all pebbly so don't get your hopes up about that, the deckings great though with giant beanbags for comfort. I'm going back with my university friends this year, loved this place! Would fully recommend to everyone! Oh and if your one for the scenery you get some really great views!!!

• Liked — I loved it all, had an amazing holiday!
  • Disliked — Didn't hate anything, thought it was all superb!
3 Thank megzmcc
England
Reviewed 22 October 2008

This is a 5 star hotel by Turkish standards Enlish 2 1/2 - 3. Food is very bland, fresh cooking done every day but go early to avoid the queing. From the beach to my room 203 steps. Maid service not to bad rooms cleaned between 07:00 - 17:30. Rooms clean but mould around bath and shower enclousure. Restaraunt staff on average helpfull. Had a Turkish Massage on site but it was done by a tiny Asian lady but worth the money. Used the indoor pool the water was so cold even the Eskimo's refused to use it and the small jaccusi was cold had no /little power and the paint was flaking off the bottom. Quite a steep hill to and from the main road to get the local Dolmush to Bodrum depending on the day/time/driver some would drive down to drop or pick up passengers.

• Liked — Wiaters
  • Disliked — Remote Location. Steps,steps,steps,steps
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank Rebel52
United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2008

Not a five star three star plus at best
We were transfered here after the sabbia bitez inn closed three days into our stay in turkey ,on arrival we were given o room that you would have been good for a mountain goat up about six flights of stone steps after my wife hade a good talk to the manager we were given a room on the lower slopes which was still about forty steps up .
This complex is in a fantastic location with great views over the sea but is very isolated and you need to take the bus into town to get away from the complex .The food is awful i am not a funny eater but all the food served is cold and the choice is the same every day great if you can live on chicken and turkey for all the meals, they do cook fish and a bit of meat fresh but you need to stand in a long line of people and the german guests dont seen to know how to do this The room are clean and the maid was fantastic changing the towels every day and the beds about three times during our stay the bathroom has the usual amount of black mold around the shower basin there is pleanty of hot water but you need to run the shower for about five mins to got it .
The bar staff and restaraunt staff are excellent as are the animation team but the music is very loud.
The beach is only very small and can be reached by a very steep ramp or a lot of steps but fear not because they have a lift which takes you to the lower levels.
If you have no disabilitys , dont mind cold food ,loud music ,and beeing isolated this could be the place for you ( i will not be going again as i have asthma and the steps are a killer)

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — Isolation And The Steps
3 Thank BREW30
Copenhagen
Reviewed 15 October 2008

Back from the second stay at Blue Dreams, we enjoy the vacation.
The rooms was ok, but with some minor defects in bathroom and only a finish as a 3-4 star danish hotel.
Very good food and very serviceminded staff, always smiling. Nice and clean pool, but with very loud disco music most of the day.
The beach is not 5 star; there is no sand, only stones. During the week was two more canoes put on land with defects, totally 5 defect canoes on land and only 2 working. Thats too bad!
I looks like a generally problem on the turkish hotels, that they don't repair broken things.
We had 40 years wedding day and their guest relation manager has arranged a decorated table in the Kebab House with flowers, candlelights etc. Very nice and kindly girl.
I think we will come back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Beach
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank Moeller47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torba
Rixos Premium Bodrum
#17 of 23 in Torba
El Vino Hotel & Suites
El Vino Hotel & Suites
#1 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to Club Blue Dreams? Share your experiences!