“Excellent choice for Bodrum Hotels”

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Torba
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed there in 09.2013. Great service, educated, friendly, polite employees, quality foods and drinks, excellent location and nature, nice entertainment activities, clean beach and pools. But dont pick club rooms, pick other standart or deluxe rooms.

Room Tip: dont pick club rooms, pick other standart or deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MRCFT

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Arrived 19 august 2013 stayed for 14 nights with kids
Reservation via JetAir
I have reserved 2 rooms next to each other because I am traveling with my kids.
On arrival, they gave me 2 rooms far to one another.
They made me change room everyday for 4 nights) because the hotel was fully reserve.
The reception manager Mr. ERDEM is insisting that we stay in the room 757 even it smells bad because there is no other room available "which I refused!!!"
I was so angry because in the morning (3rd day) they found us the room 751 which I have accepted but on our return after visiting the city of Bodrum (arround midnight). They are telling me that they gave the room 751 to another client and they want us to stay on 757 "which I refused again". We have talk and talk to find solution (1AM in the morning).
I was angry at the moment and the manager is still nugging me if I wanted to fight with him !!!
If I have accepted they can expulse us out from their Hotel.
I did not give him the opportunity to succeed. I just ignored him

At the end, we did not receive any room next to each other. I have seen and stayed into 5 different rooms.

PS: never AGAIN

1  Thank Jomel0912
Erdem O, Front Office Manager at Izer Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

First at all,we are very sad of the trouble lived by you during your stay at our Hotel.
We would like to declare that room requests are not promised by agecies to the guests.
In availability ,supplier hotels provide guest requests.
As to our guest request , next day they were provided related closer room although hotel is totaly full.
After unexpected technical problem realised late in the night,our guest free upgrated to suit room in full occupancy.
Although technical problem well solved by our related department next day, our guest refused staying there and one another closer room provided daytime by management.
Our guest left from hotel to Bodrum in the time of R/change not by giving information to reception although room change should be realised daytime because of full occupancy.
Reception staff could not contact with the guest all day and the room given other guest late in the evening in full occupancy.Except the first R/C(free upgrade) in technical reason ,other one realised as the result of our guests were not in hotel.
As Izer Hotel & Beach Club we always try our best and present our guest the best in availability.All staff in contact ,we keep our rights in legal areas by witness reports against the related guest with his says out of human rights from first contact min. to last time.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I would definitely recommend the hotel to stay. Its good value of money with the service we had. We were there at the beginning of June for a week. It is quite hotel as most of guests were families with kids. Friendly staff, good food, clean and good size of rooms. There are two big pools one on the see side the other in the inner side of the hotel they both cleaned every day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you taking the time to write this wonderful review and we look forward to see you again with us

Cordially,

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Believe all the good reviews about this hotel
It was clean
very friendly
totally relaxing
wonderful scenery
great staff
and the food and drink were great
I would defiantly go back which is not something i ever like to do

Room Tip: Hotel side is quieter Club side more family friendly
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Erdem O, Front Office Manager at Izer Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for recommending 'Izer Hotel & Beach Club' on Trip Advisor.
It is a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cordially,

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Returned last night (05th Sept) after a weeks stay at the Izer and would say our own opinion of the Izer is probably somewhat in between both previous positive & negative reviews.

Turkey has not been a destination we as a family of 4 (kids 8&6) plus a set of grandparents have wanted to visit but due to good testimonies we gave Turkey a chance and researched that Club Izer would be best for transfers (30mins max) following a 4hr flight with the kids and would meet our requirements decent food/entertainment reviews.

We stayed in room 828 & 826 which were Family rooms overlooking the club side pool (families) the rooms had 2 single beds (couch beds) and a seperate bedroom with double bed. The bathroom consisted of a shower cubicle, toilet and sink and with fairly modern decor. The room was cleaned daily and towels changed possibly every other day. The tv channels were good and even showed live premier league matches although some in foreign languages. I would say that they were better than most rooms we have stayed in as a family.

We arrived at the Izer at 10pm and were shown to our rooms - the restaurant had closed and the receptionist arranged for sandwiches and drinks to be made. We then spent the rest of the evening at the Gamesroom/snack bar but unfortunately the staff here were the rudest people we met - I got the feeling they hated their job i dont think one of them smiled during our stay!

The snackbar was ideally located to our room but it had a smell of stale cheese and numerous flies about which put me off wanting to eat there.

The main restuarant served a selection of meats (chicken, veal, lamb, turkey) made their own pizzas, plus other live cooking and also had plenty of choices re salad but again one or two flies could be seen due to the restuarant doors being opened to allow air into the room - a simple fly catching light would have made a huge difference. There is waiter service for drinks at lunch and evenings and the waiters were pretty good at keeping drinks filled and clearing up.

Unfortuately during the stay a few members of our party contracted stomach complaints for a few days but this could have been from any number of things.

Breakfast didn't just cater for Europeans by not serving bacon/sausage - as the title suggests. Simple research and review of trip advisor would have told you this. Although there is a little bar called the Pitstop next to the hotel entrance that does an english breakfast for 18 tukish lira or a bacon sandwich for 8 lira. The hotel could have perhaps offered mushrooms, hash browns as alternatives to the exisiting offerings of freshly cooked eggs, omlettes, beans etc.

Ice creams were available at dinner and a trolly was brought to the snack bar area daily at 3pm - I would comment that on previous all inclusive holidays we have been on ice cream has been unlimited although probably good in the way of stopping the kids filling up on ice cream!

Re the pool area I did cut the bottom of my foot coming off one of the water slides on the pool floor tiles, but generally the pool area was clean and the pool was tested daily. On the rare occasion any mess that was left it was from guests who were too bone idle to walk their glasses/rubbish back to the snack area/bins provided.

The pool bar next to the main hotel/beach was nice and served ice cold effes and sometimes had entertainment on. I would say this was nice area to have drink and watch the sunset before an evening meal.

Lastly the entertaiment team - the kids disco very night was the same 20-30 minutes of songs played in the same order a litle bit of variety and mixing of the playlist would've been a good idea - a evening show followed the kids disco although we did not stay for any of these.

The usual daytime games of water polo, water gymnastics and volleyball were offered.

The male members of the team strutted around and appeared to put all their effort in trying to pull every half decent looking female that arrived, if any ladies had received any promises of faithfullness over the summer when they left - I can only sympathise!

We visited Bodrum using the bus service which stops outside the hotel. It starts early morning and runs til 5am. Its every 10 minutes and only 3TL per person each way. It only takes 10 minutes and drops off and picks up at the main bus station. Bodrum was a nice place to visit to have a look around the market and harbour.

On our last day our party shared a room for late checkout which we were charged 50 euros for 12pm to 5pm. If the room wasn't available they allowed guests to make use of the shower facilities in the on site spa for free.

On review, the holiday was good and as a family we loved the locallity from our room to the pool being literally 2 mteres so we didnt have to lug bags containing anything we could possibly need to see the day out.

The food in general was good but our stomach complaints slightly spoiled our enjoyment.

I wouldn't rush back to Turkey but if I visited again I wouldn't stay at the Izer as their are other areas I would likely visit. If the hotel management reviews the comments on trip advisor I would likely change my rating to a 4 as overall it is a great hotel, just needs a few improvements.

4  Thank Brands

Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review about our hotel and for letting us know we exceeded your expectations. We hope you and your family had a great time in our hotel

We look forward to see you back on your next trip to service you better via your detailed review

Cordially

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Just arrived back from Izer Beach myself,husband+daughter 7yrs+ agree with the review written below ( beverley22203) ( to which we had the pleasure of becoming friends with !! :) )We arrived 15th- 29th Aug 2013.
Rep gave us a quick brief on bus then left us to arrive at hotel on our own ( poor ).We were given room 705,god it was just like a DUNGEON,only got cases into room+off i went straight back to reception,where i told him i HATED it+wasn't staying there for 14days,they gave us room 752 much airer but still small ( but you dont spend that much time in it ).Breakfast Food : Mainly catered for the European countries + not the English ( No Bacon+Sausage )Kids Club : Our daughter enjoyed the time there when she went.Mini Disco : 9-9.30pm was quite good,but a couple of nights when we stayed after Mini Disco was more like something that should have been in a STRIP CLUB !! 5 Ladies with erotic dancing.Evening Food + Seating : VEAL, VEAL +MORE VEAL.Very boring.Not enough seating in the Restaurant for the amount of people staying at the hotel,if you arrived at 8.10pm you were stuffed to find a seat for about 45minutes,we found ourselves going for 7.30pm when it opened.We used the pools with the slides in which were great+the Lifeguard on duty while we were was great with the kids+adults.Caught Dilon the cleaner routing through our draw one day VERY BAD TO SEE THAT.

2  Thank Helen L
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I recently visited the Izer beach hotel for a two week stay with my two young children. In particular the animation team made the holiday a holiday for my children to remember for the rest of their lives, my youngest child who is four spent every day in the mini club which was also superb. Two members of staff which I feel I have to give a special mention to are Duygu and Didy, they made the holiday for my children extra special, my children will always remember this holiday for how much time Duygu had for them.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of a high standard, if you like a sea view you will pay a little more.
1  Thank Anton B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torba
Hotel Samara
#9 of 24 in Torba
El Vino Hotel & Suites
El Vino Hotel & Suites
#1 of 98 in Bodrum City

Been to Izer Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!