“Loved it!”

Rixos Premium Bodrum
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Torba
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Excellant hotel. Customer service is top level. Concierge services are very good.Great choice. The hotel's services were fantastic, and it was conveniently located close to airport. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Meltem Z
RixosPremiumBodrum, Yönetici at Rixos Premium Bodrum, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. We are very happy to read that you had a great time with us.

We are looking forward to host you and your your family again next season.

Best Reagrds,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,994)

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Very nice location. Easy to go night life. But service disappointment. Need more staff and more training at breakfast area.
As a GHA member I called reception and asked for free internet access. They told me no free internet access for GHA members. I found some brochures on the reception desk about the free internet for GHA members.....more training....

Room Tip: Please be member of GHA discovery before your holiday. Otherwise you have to pay for internet access...
3  Thank Atilgan

Dear Guest,
Wishing you a good day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. Evey guest's opinion is very important for us, because these details will help us to improve our services. Thank you. We just joined the GHA this summer this why we did not have enough time to train all the staff. They will be re-trained before the new season. But, as I remember than another staff helped you with your request.

I would like to apologize for the unpleasant parts of your stay. I hope you come back and see the improvent in your next visit.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I just came back from a 5 day trip to Rixos Premium Bodrum with my family, there were a lot of positive and negative things. First off, the positive:
- The location was excellent, it was very close to the Bodrum airport and the downtown so it was practical for tourists.
- The food was one of the best things there, they were very generous and there was a wide variety of food for everyone to enjoy.
- They had a lot of activities for everyone to enjoy especially for the kids
- The hotel is clean and neat and so are the rooms.
- They were very smart when they moved tables to the hall beside the restaurant when it rained.
- The indoor pool was very practical when it rained.
They also celebrated Eid well as they laid out chocolate and brought some lamb meat.
And now for the negatives:
- Firstly, the pool was extremely cold. They need to heat it depending on the weather.
- They know that there are children staying in the hotel (especially when they have an activities club for them) so they should at least include one or two children tv channels.
- Also, they should have a variety of channels not just one kind, and since a lot of tourists come they have to have a couple of tv channels where they speak English (known by almost everyone)
- The service there is fair, some of the waiter/waitresses are lazy.
- The tea and coffee are horrible.
- Some of the workers don't know how to speak in English which is hard for the foreign tourists.
- The shuttles are bad, their noise is awful (especially at night)
- When it was raining a leakage occurred very close to the light in the bathroom and they didn't respond fast to our complaints.
- The roof over the indoor pool is made of glass and a part of it was shattered.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank TheTourist1O1

Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. First of all I would like to thank you for the detailed review. Because, your recommendation on web site will help us to improve our services. I also thank you for the positive sides of your stay. Tv channels are on our to do list for the season of 2014. I do not wanna write anything wrong but I believe we already have two kids channel. Our waiters will be taking new orientation and meetings regarding your comment. Unfortunatelly, swimming pool is half way indoor. As you may remember half of it is open from one side, that is why it is easy to heat it up with high tempature.
We will be taking every necessary step to give better service, I apologize for the unsatisfied parts of your stay.
I wish to host you again in coming season and enjoy your time more with us.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We thought that the hotel was overpriced for the level of service and maintenance it provides. Don't fall for the "premium" in its name, there's nothing premium about this hotel, except the price. We are not going back and not recommending the place to anybody.

The good:

- The sea, you're basically swimming with the fish.
- The food, except the meat selection, was good.
- Location is great, it is one of the closest large hotels to the Bodrum airport.
- SPA was good and mostly well maintained.
- Music at the main dock, speakers were good quality and the music selection & volume was ideal for beach environment.

The bad:

- We booked a premium sea view room and the room was way in the back (close to their facilities), with very poor views of the sea. I was very upset for paying the extra amount for this kind of a room.
- Overall design of the entrance, lobby, room, and the lightning seemed to be cheesy (or "kıro" in Turkish).
- The cabanas that are overly shown in their marketing pictures either belong to the executive beach, or are available for a fee. So, don't think that you can use a cabana for free.
- There were stains all over the room furniture.
- The beds were very soft and out of shape, I woke up with a backache every morning I stayed there.
- The shuttle/buggy service was spotty and the drivers were rude. We had to walk to our room several times and that was quite a hike. At this price level, there should've been a buggy to show up, whenever you needed.
- Waiters/waitresses at the main restaurant were mostly not very helpful. There were only 1-2 people who served well, all the rest were rude, ignorant or just simly didn't care. We actually were scared to ask for a favor or something extra. We didn't feel welcome at all.
- The tea in the main restaurant is awful, the tank that they keep the tea inside is not up to the standards of a resort.
- Free coffee options were limited to nescafe, which sucks. There was no filter coffee option and Turkish coffee is extra at 7 TL/cup.
- In the main restaurant, grill options were always cheaper fish or chicken, we've never seen grilled red meat.
- Drinks outside the restaurant are insanely priced. No-name mineral water at the beach was 9 TL/glass.
- The docks were very badly maintained, if maintained at all. Wooden base seemed to have seen much better days and at some parts, there was an ugly green mat, which again wasn't up to the standards of a resort.
- With the exception of a few day beds, all the chaise longs were cheap, plastic stuff. They were very uncomfortable and could be easily found at a three star hotel.

4  Thank Met789

Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. Your opinion is very important to us. Because, honest review will help us to improve our services. We also very happy to read positive sides of your accomodation, I also would like to thank you for that.
I wish you would share the unsatisfied parts of your stay while you were here, because that way we would do our best to provide better service. For example, Premium Rooms are in our standard room level, I think the sea view was not clear enough for you, if we would know we would offer you a another room. In all marketing tools ; it is written and explained clear enough that cabbanas has extra fee and we only have 6 cabbanas. We are working with very good brand for our beds, we do not get any complain about our beds usually but if you would inform us, we would definetely offer you the type of bed you would like. Our beverage level is reasonable if you compare to Bodrum Bay and another five star hotels in Bodrum. We also offer % 25 discount on all A la Carte restaurants ( in the season of 2013 ). Unfortunatelly, we do not offer tailor made service about buggy service, it would be great to offer it whenever needed but it is not possible. Instead, we have shuttle service between 08:00-24:00 daily. But, we definetely help old people or disabled or pregnant with exception. Regarding your comments about main restaurant , I have to point out that our process will be stronger than ever and will help eliminate the problems you experienced. We are ready to fix our mistakes before the season of 2014.
I think you are a native Turkish who has high level of English writing, I hope I was also clear and kind enough with my explanation.
I would like to apologize for the unpleasant parts of your stay, I also appreciate your time by sharing your thoughts.
We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I just got back to London, from a 1 week stay at Rixos Premium, all I can say is the service was excellent. The hotel/rooms were very clean. The hotel had a very welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. On the other hand, the food was not so great. I was definitely expecting a higher standard in regards to the food. But overall I had a very pleasant stay at the Rixos Premium.

Naz.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Naz N
RixosPremiumBodrum, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Premium Bodrum, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. But, on the other hand I will share your thoughts with kitchen team. I wish you would share your opinion with us while you were here, that way our chef would be glad to prepare any food that may fit to your taste.

Looking forward to host you again in another vacation plan.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

First and foremost the Premium Rixos Bodrum is a beautiful hotel in an idyllic location close to Torba and about 12 kms from Bodrum town centre. However - and unfortunately there is an however - it seems to have lost its edge from its all inclusive days. We've been 5 times but this is the first time since it changed from all inclusive to full board. Since our last visit, some 3-years ago, we've been to other Rixos hotels: twice to Rixos Belek - great evening entertainment and nightlife in Bar Street - and Rixos Sharm-el-Sheikh earlier this year; shockingly poor evening entertainment and repetitive heavily meat and sausage based menus.

The food at Rixos Premium Bodrum is as we remember it, plentiful, varied and of high quality. Full board plus provides breakfast, lunch and dinner with water, soft drinks, wine and beer. Drinks quality is again good but getting them replenished can be a hit-and-miss affair.

Cleanliness of the hotel, public spaces, rooms and gardens was superb and as a result everything looks spotless and well manicured.

The clientele seems to have changed since our last stay and now seems to comprise mainly Turkish and Russian guests. Unfortunately they are treated better than their European counterparts, this may be partly because of the ease of communication and because the Russians are so demanding, bordering on being rude - not the English way I'm afraid. This was most noticeable by the way one particular guest was waited on hand and foot. She had a double sun bed on the sun decking reserved for her each day but rarely appeared before 15:00. Other guests could have used this bed if the staff hadn't been so afraid of her and her tantrums. The staff even moved things from our reserved sun bed to give it to her merely to avoid upsetting this rude and obnoxious woman.

When she arrived each day this woman's bedding was changed and she was brought, bales of towels, bowls of fruit, cold water and beer. Staff were falling over themselves to help move her bed and umbrella to suit her every whim; a real prima donna and very, very annoying. When we complained to management we were told that all guests were equally valued and treated the same but this was obviously not the case.

Evening entertainment - which had previously been of excellent quality - was a very poor affair. Bands that played were mismatched to the audience and very cheesy to say the least. The bars were very quiet with few guests and closed at about 23:30; there was no nightclub or disco and the entire hotel was deathly silent by 00:30.

The Premium Rixos Bodrum is in a beautiful bay but is quite remote and without any other bars or restaurants close by. They seem to take full advantage of this and drinks are consequently quite pricey: about TL 26 (£8.50) for a glass of wine, TL 15 (£5.00) for a small beer, TL 9 (£3.00) for soft drinks and prices of spirits and sparkling are outrageous!

All in all a lovely hotel but unfortunately spoilt by a lack of reasonable nightlife; pricey drinks and preferential treatment given to other nationalities.

Certainly worthy of mention were 3 exceptional waiting staff: Zafar, his wife Zeynep and Ayten; They were super efficient and did all possible to make the dining experience special. Despite the buffet style dining they made it feel more akin to an a la carte restaurant. Dishes were cleared away quickly and drinks replenished frequently; a great asset to the hotel's Sini buffet restaurant and to Rixos as a whole.

In summary a lovely hotel and great if you like beautiful days lounging on the stunning beach or sun decks and a nice evening meal before retiring to bed early. If you want something more lively this may not be the best place to go.

Room Tip: Rooms are in small blocks, upper level rooms have better views and bigger balconies but all are beau...
1  Thank Nick_Medlock

Dear Guest,

Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. We appreciate your recommendation on the web site. Because, at ''Rixos Hotels'' we are in constant pursuit of guest satisfaction and strive to ensure that our guests experience the best vacation with us.
Since 2011 , we do not serve in ''All Inclusive'' concept, our concept is Full Board Plus. I kindly would like point out I agree that there are differences between these two concepts.
Actually, all the guests are equally valuable and getting treated the same, this one of the important rules within Rixos Hotels. On behalf of Rixos Premium Bodrum , I apologize for how they made you feel ...
If you compare the prices with Bodrum Bay and also with the other hotels in Bodrum you may find out that all the prices are in same level. But, still I will share this comment also with management team.
I would like to apologize for the diffuculties and inconvenience you experienced with us. We will take every necessary steps with each subject.
I believe you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

i read all the reviews and was expecting something else. most of the tourists complained about the food & catering services. i have stayed at the best hotels in Antalya (Cornelia, Calista, Delphin, etc) and i have nothing bad to say about the Rixos food for this season. it was tasty and enough for every guests. it's true that the drinks are not spectaculos but for a family holiday it;s more than enough. one of the best beaches in Turkey. Splendid! The mini club also was amazing, really really good and offering complete services.
they have to improve a little the cleaning services (in the rooms, under the bed, the furniture the cleaning was not made properly) and to cut off some of the club cars from the resort, that are very very noisy!
averall i will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Superior suite for families it's just great!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. First of all I would like to thank you for your time and honest review. It is great to know positive parts of your stay, on the other hand I will share the unsatisfied parts with operation departments such as cleaning and club cars. Before the season of 2014 every necessary step will be taken regarding each subject.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us again in your next visit.

Best Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torba
Vogue Bodrum
#5 of 24 in Torba
The Marmara, Bodrum
The Marmara, Bodrum
#6 of 98 in Bodrum City

Been to Rixos Premium Bodrum? Share your experiences!